Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Soulstitch

Why is pve loot not individual?

With the amount of farming this game requires why are loot tables for mobs individual? What is the development choice to go against established looting in every other MMO and decide to make loot the way it was implemented? 

Is there a plan to make loot tables personal? 

That's actually a good question and i have no idea why. I understand why pvp loot is the way it is but not pve loot. Anytime i group with someone in pve, i just take turns looting.

11 minutes ago, Kaoz said:

That's actually a good question and i have no idea why. I understand why pvp loot is the way it is but not pve loot. Anytime i group with someone in pve, i just take turns looting.

Yeah but when you're with more people it's a ninja loot ffa, which is terrible. For being so guild/group focused, this is a terrible decision. 

Because this is a PvP game. PvE look isn't the focus and it isn't the ultimate goal. The best crafted stuff will always be better. Adding personal loot would just increase the amount of junk you sell/sacrifice.

3 minutes ago, Arkade said:

Because this is a PvP game. PvE look isn't the focus and it isn't the ultimate goal. The best crafted stuff will always be better. Adding personal loot would just increase the amount of junk you sell/sacrifice.

Is this your first pvp game? This is the way. Look at every other pvp game out there. There's a reason companies moved away from this style. How does "craft is best" apply to Runes? 

In a free for all campaign like The Dregs, ninja looting is a fun mechanic. If someone is looting your stuff you can kill them.

In a faction campaign, or a safe area like God's Reach, it is problematic because there is no way to stop people from looting your stuff, and you can't punish them for it.

I could see it being beneficial to prevent ninja looting in factions and safezones, but I would not want it prevented in campaigns like The Dregs.

IhhQKY6.gif

I'm sure they'll introduce something to tag ownership in the future, but only for same faction.  Lacking a means to punish ninja looters you can't kill to take the stuff back isn't very enjoyable, but at least there's very little out there legitimately good/worthy of stealing outside of high rank kings or chiefs.  Definitely fun to ninja loot opposing faction, though... did it to a 4G once, took his ancient drops and stealthed away haha.

15 hours ago, Soulstitch said:

Is this your first pvp game? This is the way. Look at every other pvp game out there. There's a reason companies moved away from this style. How does "craft is best" apply to Runes? 

Are you talking about locking drops to the person/group who tags the mob? Or are you suggesting that they give every player who hits the mob their own loot? Because I thought you were referring to the latter. If it's the former, then yeah, that's something that should have been done long ago.

Edited by Arkade

3 minutes ago, Soulstitch said:

Each player having access to their own loot in pve zones. 

So that if two people kill a mob together they each get loot? Or so that if two people kill a mob together, only one of them gets the loot, and the game decides who gets it?

IhhQKY6.gif

14 minutes ago, Jah said:

So that if two people kill a mob together they each get loot? Or so that if two people kill a mob together, only one of them gets the loot, and the game decides who gets it?

Each player gets their own loot. Like every other modern MMO, I could even support one loot table being locked to someone on the aggro table. 

9 minutes ago, Soulstitch said:

Each player gets their own loot. Like every other modern MMO, I could even support one loot table being locked to someone on the aggro table. 

I'm not sure how I feel about a mob dropping five times as much loot because five people took a swing at him.

IhhQKY6.gif

33 minutes ago, Soulstitch said:

Each player having access to their own loot in pve zones. 

Okay, that's what I thought you were originally saying, and my answer still stands. We don't need more dropped loot than we already have. Groups would just fill up their inventory/bank space quicker and run back more often to the temple to sell or sacrifice the stuff. If players need more to sacrifice (they don't) they can just increase the sacrifice values on items. If players need more gold (they don't), they can increase the amount that stuff sells for.

Just because other games do it doesn't mean it's a good idea for this game. 

It doesn’t really fit the loot cycle of the game. At best locking the mob’s loot to your party but only for your faction might be a reasonable feature for faction based campaigns, but that’s it.

Edited by Duffy

lPoLZtm.png

Ok well hopefully ACE learns why no other company has loot like this after years of other companies gathering data on this. Player loot being FFA is ok, mob loot being FFA, is just weird outside pvp zones. 

17 minutes ago, Soulstitch said:

Ok well hopefully ACE learns why no other company has loot like this after years of other companies gathering data on this. Player loot being FFA is ok, mob loot being FFA, is just weird outside pvp zones. 

Outside of pvp zones good loot shouldn't be dropping anyway. The point of loot in this game is to give us something to fight over.

But I do agree that ninja looting in safezones should be addressed at some point.

IhhQKY6.gif

20 minutes ago, Jah said:

Outside of pvp zones good loot shouldn't be dropping anyway. The point of loot in this game is to give us something to fight over.

But I do agree that ninja looting in safezones should be addressed at some point.

It was like that on noob isle in SB, and i never had an issue in gods reach of ninja looters... just kill them when they leave GR

1 hour ago, yianni said:

It was like that on noob isle in SB, and i never had an issue in gods reach of ninja looters... just kill them when they leave GR

Its generally not a problem for vets. Its the noobs it drives nuts. That can be bad for growing the playerbase.

IhhQKY6.gif

14 hours ago, Jah said:

Its generally not a problem for vets. Its the noobs it drives nuts. That can be bad for growing the playerbase.

Exactly, you know there are going to be players who sit in newb zones ninja looting kings/chiefs I mean why wouldn't they? 

Maybe I'm just way behind the times, but I was under the impression that personally instanced loot was the exception, not the rule, in MMOs, and something a lot of people didn't actually like about World of Warcraft.

I personally don't think it really has a place in the kind of game/environment trying to be fostered here.

Edited by RealSalt