Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Prismox

Female armor

This leather armor needs a serious look at, I want to play an archer, not a prostitute. Hight heels and some exposed shoulder bs? Can we have a proper armor instead?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Prismox said:

Hight heels and some exposed shoulder bs?

Have you stepped out of your home in the last 25 years and seen what females wear?

An "exposed shoulder" is your idea of too revealing?

I'm guessing you typed that while wearing yoga pants...

Edited by Toadwart

I'd buy that argument if this was The Matrix Online or something. It's not.

I don't think I'll get anywhere with you by arguing tho, either you get it or you make a point of not getting it.

There are some of us who would prefer female characters that were getting ready for combat rather than a booth in the red light district, that might not be you. I can live with that.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Prismox said:

There are some of us who would prefer female characters that were getting ready for combat rather than a booth in the red light district,

2 hours ago, Prismox said:

exposed shoulder

I still cant get over that an exposed shoulder is what is setting you off.

Ive been around long enough to see the cries of the "chain bikini" and "plate mail thongs" being bad in various mmorpgs....but, I have never once seen anyone complain about an exposed shoulder being the line where too much skin is being shown and it isnt realistic. 

Dont you think that your preference is a little bit excessive?

Are females allowed to show their faces and hands or must those be covered as well?

Edited by Toadwart

Posted (edited)

Maybe if you tried to actually interpret the post instead of nitpicking details? It's the general direction of the art. It looks silly, it is silly. Stillettoes? Come on.

My Half-GIant Myrm in plate looks quite a bit better. The general feeling is "badass" rather than "skimpy".

Edited by Prismox

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Prismox said:

Maybe if you tried to actually interpret the post instead of nitpickign details? It's the general direction of the art. It looks silly, it is silly. Stillettoes? Come on.

It does look silly.

So does a half-human-half-horse, "armored" flying creatures with exposed wings, and sentient guinea pigs dual wielding pistols in fancy hats.

Crowfall's armor is highly stylized and built to reflect the culture of the character first and their readiness for battle second. That's why all high elf armor is impractical and stupid looking, why human armor is utilitarian, why centaur armor is ornate and roman, etc.

Also the wood elves look like two different races because they threw out a superior buff shirtless wood elf design for no apperant reason other than being able to re-use the human skeleton. The original wood elf looked like it belonged to the same race as the female, as it was just as impractically "rule of sexy-cool" designed before they changed it to "human  with a gardening problem"

This is why I don't play wood elf males. Their armor looks stupid enough it puts me off them.

If the heels really bother you that terribly much, maybe play one of the races without heels.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

4 hours ago, Prismox said:

This leather armor needs a serious look at, I want to play an archer, not a prostitute. Hight heels and some exposed shoulder bs? Can we have a proper armor instead?

I despise the high heels in any medieval setting, but I really find this game quite tame compared to other mmo's.

9ef382b648c262315de66b4260d54319534245c5

I'm almost positive the only somewhat revealing female armor is wood elf leather? 

Did you look at literally any other race?

A lot of the "armor" in this game gives me the willies.  I shake my heading thinking, I would kill this guy in 3 seconds, no problem.  There are just too many unarmored areas. Just have to set up your opponent with a shot, pin him with my body, sword, foot, knee or shoulder.  Then cut off his arm, stab him in that unarmored area, slice the inside of the leg, whatever then leave him bleeding to death on the ground.

Armor is there for a reason.  It is to stop attacks that you could not block with proper body mechanics.  You can not cover everything.  Mobility, knowledge of where your attacks are coming from and how to use your weapons and armor to direct your opponents force keeps you alive longer.