Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

ACE Q&A for January - Official discussion thread

so looking forward to Dregs!

ShadowBane - Former IC of Societas Daemonica (2005 -2014)

ShadowBane - Former IC Nordic Chapter SB (2004)

ShadowBane -  Former IC / NL of House of Atreides, Damnation (2003-2004)

Guild bank info?
Any more storage info?
Will the dregs changes filter over to EK building or will that still be free form?
Alliance guild limit? (As in how many guilds can form an alliance, and will there be nested alliances under a singular banner?)

Alliance banking? 
Spinning up EK's from a list of accepted players, not just owner.
AFK kick removed from Ek's?

1 minute ago, soulein said:

I don't think there's much interest in anything that doesn't relate to The Dregs.

With dregs out next month those things are pretty much baked in. I would rather hear about things not related to dregs since those things are still in flux and have better chance influencing.

19 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

With dregs out next month those things are pretty much baked in. I would rather hear about things not related to dregs since those things are still in flux and have better chance influencing.

You say that now.... 😜

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

Posted (edited)

educated guesses for a timeline...

• when will 5.110 hit TEST - will there be steps of accessibilty (pre-alpha 1/2/3..)?
  • when will 5.110 hit LIVE?
  • when will it be called beta?

will there be a sanctioned campaign pre-beta? still waiting for that call the banners campaign ;)

bit more details on dregs settings for alliances would be nice.

Edited by Surelia

Will you  test the X1 to skill training ? and any info about the catch up system for new player after launch ?

Any info about the vip (as usual ...) ?maybe it's a time to discuss about that with the community ? for which functionality we are ready to pay a subscription? because curently multi account is so powerfull.

what about human passive if all passive are active? what change for the different racial bonuses?

like the others, more info about settings for alliances in dregs !

16 hours ago, Sims said:

Any plans to have a mobile app that can show in faction scores, siege timer, and other KPIs etc?

A better solution to this would be some kind of API plugin, so anybody could write an app to display this info. Or guilds could just slap a banner on there website, maybe even set notifications for members. The page https://crowfall.com/en-US/campaigns is a good start. I'd imagine its one of those things Tod would just shrug off, and say 'maybe once we get dev time'. It's one of those things almost necessary in a competitive pvp game. People will eventually come up with bots to do it anyway if the game takes off. But hey they gotta fill an hour, and its fun to hear em ramble on about hypothetical stuff.

For my own question, I'd like to hear more about what kinds of parcel designs are in the works. To be honest, after a couple campaigns the worlds get pretty bland right now. Personally, I'd like to see more verticallity to them. For example, a canopy or ancient stoneborne tower with a control point to give better vision.

Or just show us some Frostweaver gameplay, even if it is unpolished. I know for a fact some guildies have been salivating for that.

Are you going to make it viable to harvest in campaigns/dregs?

Leaving high rank resources in God's Reach or in the safety of a faction temple removed a ton of fun from this game.  I mean literally it got rid of a ton of PvP.

Harvesting with the risk of PvP is fun!  Hunting for Harvesters is fun!  I'm excited for caravans and all that, but people need things to do when the Caravans are done.  We had fun Points of Interest to fight over in past patches, not just for the loot boxes that spawned but because thats where the good resource nodes were.  

12Oe7ot.png

5 hours ago, royo said:

Will you  test the X1 to skill training ?

what about human passive if all passive are active? what change for the different racial bonuses?

I don't see a reason to test 1X training. When skills were first added, it was 1X training, so they've got data on it if they need it. Regardless, it's just math. 1X will be 3 times slower than 3X. Not really much to test there.

From what I understand from the Q&As, humans will get an extra minor discipline.

27 minutes ago, Vicid said:

Are you going to make it viable to harvest in campaigns/dregs?

Leaving high rank resources in God's Reach or in the safety of a faction temple removed a ton of fun from this game.  I mean literally it got rid of a ton of PvP.

Harvesting with the risk of PvP is fun!  Hunting for Harvesters is fun!  I'm excited for caravans and all that, but people need things to do when the Caravans are done.  We had fun Points of Interest to fight over in past patches, not just for the loot boxes that spawned but because thats where the good resource nodes were.  

The high ranking nodes in GR is because the rank of mobs and the rank of nodes on the same parcel are linked. That will change in 5.110 and you'll see much lower rank resources in GR.

2 minutes ago, Arkade said:

The high ranking nodes in GR is because the rank of mobs and the rank of nodes on the same parcel are linked. That will change in 5.110 and you'll see much lower rank resources in GR.

Get rid of the R7 nodes/mobs in the temple safe areas too

12Oe7ot.png

My knowledge is very limited to what I see in Twitch. Apologize if this is already covered.

Will there be any up scaling or down scaling of resources/mobs in EK, GR, Campaign based on active population? How is over abundance / scarcity is being handled in the game world with fluctuations of population?

12 minutes ago, Forecore said:

My knowledge is very limited to what I see in Twitch. Apologize if this is already covered.

Will there be any up scaling or down scaling of resources/mobs in EK, GR, Campaign based on active population? How is over abundance / scarcity is being handled in the game world with fluctuations of population?

No, there is no scaling based on population, at least not for static nodes and mobs. In the next patch, we'll be able to get large amount of materials from POIs that can be transported to a refinery via a caravan and broken down into crafting resources. I guess it's possible that they could have the POIs spawn more or less based on the population, but I doubt it.

1 hour ago, Forecore said:

In dregs campaigns, and to a lesser extent factions campaigns, scarcity of resources will be handled by killing the players that are preventing you from getting the resources your guild wants.

When the player population grows large enough to support it, there will be multiple campaigns available to choose from.

GR isn't supposed to be a lucrative farming spot. In 5.100 the rank of mobs is tied to the rank of resources, and you need R8s to reach max level. In 5.110 this is supposed to be resolved.

In EKs, scarcity isn't a thing. You have your own private EK instance, and you can farm R0 resources as long as you'd like.