Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

ACE Q&A for January - Official discussion thread

Will the duelist's impale be fixed by dregs? (Anyone can answer this, havent found an answer as to whether or not theyve worked on it yet)

What things have to be in place for CF to be considered Beta? 

When will we have a FW preview? Specs, roles, etc.

Guild banks, when?

13 minutes ago, Che_Copado said:

Will the duelist's impale be fixed by dregs? (Anyone can answer this, havent found an answer as to whether or not theyve worked on it yet)

It’s been broke since 5.8. I wouldn’t hold my breath. Hopefully they get that and the other duelist bugs fixed. I miss my lil hamster 

10 hours ago, Arkade said:

I don't see a reason to test 1X training. When skills were first added, it was 1X training, so they've got data on it if they need it. Regardless, it's just math. 1X will be 3 times slower than 3X. Not really much to test there.

From what I understand from the Q&As, humans will get an extra minor discipline.

I didnt remember X1 was already test, i just remember X10 but whatever it's not just math, there's an other and important thing for me, it's player's feelings when they play and honestly i think in X1 ppl will to progress to slow i can be wrong but now that the community is bigger than years ago i still think try the X1 speed can be good to see if it needs a balance before launch. 

and ty for human info i missed that.

2 hours ago, royo said:

I didnt remember X1 was already test, i just remember X10 but whatever it's not just math, there's an other and important thing for me, it's player's feelings when they play and honestly i think in X1 ppl will to progress to slow i can be wrong but now that the community is bigger than years ago i still think try the X1 speed can be good to see if it needs a balance before launch. 

They had x1 skills years ago. The skill tree's have drastically changed since then. Sadly, even the dev's have forgotten what speeds have been tried in the past, 2 streams ago the dev's insisted that there was never a speed multiplier above 3x since its not possible. Good times....

2 hours ago, mystafyi said:

They had x1 skills years ago. The skill tree's have drastically changed since then. Sadly, even the dev's have forgotten what speeds have been tried in the past, 2 streams ago the dev's insisted that there was never a speed multiplier above 3x since its not possible. Good times....

you probably talk during hunger dome or second phase (i dont remember the name, big siege maybe) but it seems to me that when passive began to have sense (for big world) it was X10 but i really can be wrong and it doesnt really matter for the problem. I still think player base need to test skill training in X1 speed to see how it is slow and make feedback on it. 

2 hours ago, royo said:

you probably talk during hunger dome or second phase (i dont remember the name, big siege maybe) but it seems to me that when passive began to have sense (for big world) it was X10 but i really can be wrong and it doesnt really matter for the problem. I still think player base need to test skill training in X1 speed to see how it is slow and make feedback on it. 

Skills were added during Big World, IIRC. They definitely weren't in for Hunger Dome and I don't think for Siege Perilous. 

The 10x training was on TEST and as I understand it, it's something they have to actually code and then create a new build for, rather than something they can just change on the fly.

There are already people complaining that they can't catch up with the training at 3X, so I don't see how there is value in trying 1X again. Taking 3-6 months instead of 1-2 months to complete a single crafting tree probably isn't going to work for anyone. Combat skills take a long time right now. Making them take 3 times longer isn't going to help. We don't need to spend 6 months testing 1X to figure that out.

I believe they said that there will be changes coming to skills in the next build, so let's see where that falls before we worry about making more changes.

1 hour ago, Arkade said:

Skills were added during Big World, IIRC. They definitely weren't in for Hunger Dome and I don't think for Siege Perilous. 

The 10x training was on TEST and as I understand it, it's something they have to actually code and then create a new build for, rather than something they can just change on the fly.

There are already people complaining that they can't catch up with the training at 3X, so I don't see how there is value in trying 1X again. Taking 3-6 months instead of 1-2 months to complete a single crafting tree probably isn't going to work for anyone. Combat skills take a long time right now. Making them take 3 times longer isn't going to help. We don't need to spend 6 months testing 1X to figure that out.

I believe they said that there will be changes coming to skills in the next build, so let's see where that falls before we worry about making more changes.

sorry but skill exists since hunger dome even if it was useless at this time !
end of flood

1 hour ago, royo said:

sorry but skill exists since hunger dome even if it was useless at this time !
end of flood

You're right, they were introduced in February 2016. Now that I think about it, I remember complaining about Knight mana regen and Blair telling me that it can be improved via skills.

That's doesn't change the fact that there is little to no benefit to testing 1X training.

2 hours ago, Arkade said:

That's doesn't change the fact that there is little to no benefit to testing 1X training.

It would make sense to be testing the game how ACE intends it to work. If they plan 1X training for launch, it's probably how we should be playing it.

I'm honestly curious to see how the first months play out with 1X training now that we have war tribes.

It's also going to hurt when they slow it down. People are not going to like it. Better to pull off that bandaid sooner than later. If they pull it off at launch, and there is big negative reaction at that time, it wouldn't be great timing.

IhhQKY6.gif

3 minutes ago, Jah said:

It would make sense to be testing the game how ACE intends it to work. If they plan 1X training for launch, it's probably how we should be playing it.

I'm honestly curious to see how the first months play out with 1X training now that we have war tribes.

It's also going to hurt when they slow it down. People are not going to like it. Better to pull off that bandaid sooner than later. If they pull it off at launch, and there is big negative reaction at that time, it wouldn't be great timing.

If that's what they intend for launch, then yeah, it makes sense to set it sooner rather than later. I'm far from convinced that that's the case, though.

another question, will u increase the max population per map for dregs? I hope and think it's yes (i maybe missed this information), but if it is, have you an idea of the next pop max ?

1 hour ago, royo said:

another question, will u increase the max population per map for dregs? I hope and think it's yes (i maybe missed this information), but if it is, have you an idea of the next pop max ?

I think our PCs might not handle this with the current optimization

Since they are coming with updated passive skill trees, wouldn't it make since for the test server to have x10 for testing purposes to make sure the new skill tree works and when it is ready to go live start it off at x1 @Jah@Arkade maybe someone should suggest that to the devs since we have all seen that some of the skill tree nodes in the past didn't work correctly

1x training was in 5.9 or 5.10 for a hot second, but it was awful. I like how it currently feels, where it's super fast in the beginning, but even at higher tiers you're still making progress more or less every day. At 1x, even in the beginner trees it took days to finish 1 node. Couldn't stand it.

Join my lobby! 3x Or Bust!

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

8 minutes ago, coolster50 said:

I like how it currently feels. (3x passives)

For harvest, I like how it feels now as well. In a month or so, you can be very good at a narrow task, and after about 3 you can have mastery of an entire field. A year since the last wipe & I still have harvest skills to train, but I can harvest most things well.

Combat doesn't feel bad either. You can't focus a narrow task like you can with harvesting, you want both a weapon skill and an armor skill, but getting there doesn't seem to take too long or pass to quickly.

Crafting OTOH, I don't care for the way it is today. Spending 3 months to master a trade isn't bad, but spending most of that 3 months being significantly inferior is. IMO, the bulk of assembly and experimentation skills need to come from early low cost nodes, with later nodes being much more expensive and granting you the last few points toward perfecting your craft.

4 hours ago, lordslime said:

Since they are coming with updated passive skill trees, wouldn't it make since for the test server to have x10 for testing purposes to make sure the new skill tree works and when it is ready to go live start it off at x1 @Jah@Arkade maybe someone should suggest that to the devs since we have all seen that some of the skill tree nodes in the past didn't work correctly

Yep, I think accelerated training on TEST makes sense. On LIVE, they should probably try whatever rate they currently intend to launch with. 

IhhQKY6.gif

I'd welcome 1x training to LIVE at this point. The arms race that occurs with 3x is a little exhausting. I think at this point we should probably test 1x training now that the game loop will largely be complete with this patch.