Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

ACE Q&A for January - Official discussion thread

18 hours ago, YouTubejasonwivart said:

Ace already has your money, they don't really need to care about current backers

Assuming Ape is correct, and $12M is 30% of total funding, then they need to earn $40M before realizing a profit. That's 800,000 B2P sales of a game that has been a niche product from inception, before they break even. They do have money from the Kickstarter and backer sales to offset some of that, but its little more than proof of market.

They haven't announced (decided?) what they're going to do, but they're going to need active players so that they can monitize VIP subs and the game shop. They can't hang all of us out to dry, and they know that.

Tyrant & Blix have been forced down that road before, I can't believe either of them (or JTC) would intentionally go there again.

Edited by VaMei

5 hours ago, VaMei said:

Tyrant & Blix have been forced down that road before, I can't believe either of them (or JTC) would intentionally go there again.

Humans are creatures of habit, history does tend to repeat, cant teach an old dog new tricks, once a cheater always a cheater... Just sayin I have found many people do tend to make the same mistakes over and over. 😁

11 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

Humans are creatures of habit, history does tend to repeat, cant teach an old dog new tricks, once a cheater always a cheater... Just sayin I have found many people do tend to make the same mistakes over and over. 😁

They didn't choose that road, it was forced on them by the producer. Tyrant quit/was fired over his refusal to do the wrong thing. Blix did as he was told, but left no doubt that it was not a choice if he valued his continued employment. So far ACE isn't beholden to a producer and is free to make their own choices, for better or worse.

Edited by VaMei

16 minutes ago, VaMei said:

So far ACE isn't beholden to a producer and is free to make their own choices, for better or worse.

You don't raise 30mil without being beholden to someone. One might even argue that they wouldn't have needed that amount of funding if resources were not diverted to another project that would, in effect compete with crowfall in the future. One might even assert that CF progress was impacted due to that. 

On 1/15/2020 at 4:10 PM, mystafyi said:

You don't raise 30mil without being beholden to someone. One might even argue that they wouldn't have needed that amount of funding if resources were not diverted to another project that would, in effect compete with crowfall in the future. One might even assert that CF progress was impacted due to that. 

Ya im sure they sold shares of the company to these investors

Check out my youtube channel for testing gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-AgZ6mHOVObusemDVEXoA