Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stevie9090

$10,000 Who The Hell!?

Who in their right mind is willing to pay $10,000 for a game and an "Invitation dinner with the founders" and still be expected to pay for their own travel!? Plus from what I'm hearing, this game isn't expected to come out till 2016, so between now and then this game could either bust for broke or go big... Who ever backed the $10,000, I envy your spending privileges. 

Who in their right mind is willing to pay $10,000 for a game and an "Invitation dinner with the founders" and still be expected to pay for their own travel!? Plus from what I'm hearing, this game isn't expected to come out till 2016, so between now and then this game could either bust for broke or go big... Who ever backed the $10,000, I envy your spending privileges. 

$10,000 to some is the same as $100 to others. Granted I am not one of those people, but they are definitely out there.

$10,000 to some is the same as $100 to others. Granted I am not one of those people, but they are definitely out there.

And how I envy though's people. If only I could have thousands of dollars to throw at stuff, but no I'm living in an apartment eating noodles every night because anything more expensive then that would put me in debt. 

ooohh well. 

Well, don't forget also that some guilds can pool their money together to buy an uber package and split the cost.

Yeah, when you look at how many parcels and such. For a guild of 100 players, that's only $100 each. A lot less for a guild of 1,000. Sure, they don't all get to play pre-alpha but it's more of a long term investment with that many parcels.

And how I envy though's people. If only I could have thousands of dollars to throw at stuff, but no I'm living in an apartment eating noodles every night because anything more expensive then that would put me in debt. 

ooohh well. 

Maybe you should be focusing on a proper diet before helping fund a game ;).

Yeah, when you look at how many parcels and such. For a guild of 100 players, that's only $100 each. A lot less for a guild of 1,000. Sure, they don't all get to play pre-alpha but it's more of a long term investment with that many parcels.

I just can't see 100 people or more investing into one account then have them waiting over 6 months just to "maybe" get to play the game. Then their would be fighting over who gets what from the account and who gets to play it. 

I'm not saying the idea is bad, because it's kinda smart. It just has its pro's/cons. 

Edit: and plus anything can happen with in that 6 month time period, say someone lost internet, they moved, ect.. 

Edited by Stevie9090

Paying $10000 isn't really about pledge rewards, but about supporting the game. Having independent patrons (like poets and writers of olde) is way better than a large publisher who will piss into your work, buy you out, squeeze whatever they can, then shut down the game once it's not profitable enough any more.

Well they had to throw in the bit about travel. Could be a 500 lb dude somewhere. That's an expensive ticket.

Who else thought "Dinner with Mr. Creosote" when they read this?

It's probably freakin nekrage from Oran Thul hahaha

Got all his groupies to pay his ticket

Nah doubt it. he was in a diff thread crying about EK and pay to win lol. Think we may have dodged a bullet if he passes on the game.