Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

11 hours ago, tierless said:

It will change over the next couple years to launch anyway

Couple MORE years?!

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Either you have a subscription that is "required" to play with an "optional" lobotomized free trial version (see: EVE's current model) or you have a truly "optional" subscription that doesn't hold eno

PLEX is literally a pay to win system, designed to be a pay to win system, in a very lossy economy. The current iteration utilizes a free to play model that is best described as a feature limited tria

And in the structure of a free to play game I am FINE with that model. Its when you get in the realm of games I literally just paid you for that it becomes egregious nickel and diming people.

53 minutes ago, mandalore said:

Couple MORE years?!

I'd guess around 2 yes. Its in Alpha, if they want to do 4 phases of beta, plus open, with legit testing to stomp bugs, then I'd think that takes a year alone. And we haven't started Beta. so maybe 6 months to get to beta. that puts us at 1.5 years, then I threw in 6 months for any major issues that come up as mmorpgs always have those too. 

I role play a wordsmith.

2 hours ago, tierless said:

I'd guess around 2 yes. Its in Alpha, if they want to do 4 phases of beta, plus open, with legit testing to stomp bugs, then I'd think that takes a year alone. And we haven't started Beta. so maybe 6 months to get to beta. that puts us at 1.5 years, then I threw in 6 months for any major issues that come up as mmorpgs always have those too. 

All of that sounds awesome.  It doesn’t seem like that’s what ACE is going to do.  

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Recent press article had 2020 release date. Sounds like next update is first stage of beta with more to quickly follow as they let in non paying testers. They've missed many timelines though so I wouldn't be surprised if it is a few more years. The new large funding could allow them to hire more and speed up development or not grow and continue to pay the same team for a longer duration.

All of that does sound good, but ACE needs to get this to market and start generating revenue. They're already calling 5.110 feature complete and talking about beta followed by a 'soft launch'.

As an outsider, I expect that they'll call it beta when 5.110 goes to live, spend spring and summer on bugs, balance and optimization, and target the soft launch somewhere in Q4. After reality sets in it may be more like Q1 21.

TBH it's un-broke enough that I can see "release" within the year, with the caveat that it'll be missing systems.

The only definition of "release" I care about is an end to wipes TBH. We already know the game isn't going to live up to its vision on the day of release. We know its going to be missing several systems key to its functioning (like factories, and probably several EK related things)

I don't think anyone cares very much about that. We just care about when the last time is we're going to be wiped. We've played MMOs before. Patches are going to happen that piss you off or refactor your core strategy or whatever no matter what. The difference is that when those patches happen in a "release" environment developers are generally compelled to compensate you for it in some ingame fashion.

At this point the old guard is just tired of having entire accounts reset, and the new players don't want to feel like they're wasting time.

Like it or not, for all its messaging about being an eternally resetting game, the parts of CF that are persistant are actually very important to most of the people that play it in order to enjoy the parts that reset. Nobody likes being forced to re-level characters, re-farm discs, re-design eks, or re-stock basic materials that they JUSt had 12 stacks of to import the one decent set of gear the campaign will let them.

That's whats important about release at this point. The game "being finished" isn't the target for release. We know for a fact the current feature set intended for 'release' is actually missing big chunks of the core feature set, and those features haven't been cancelled, just delayed.

"Release" as Crowfall is treating it is only meaningful as a term that indicates "no more wipes"

It doesn't signify any level of completion or polish. Assuming they'd hold off release 4 more years or whatever to get the complete feature set finished is silly. We have already been told they're not doing that.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

On 2/17/2020 at 11:38 AM, APE said:

Recent press article had 2020 release date. Sounds like next update is first stage of beta with more to quickly follow as they let in non paying testers. They've missed many timelines though so I wouldn't be surprised if it is a few more years. The new large funding could allow them to hire more and speed up development or not grow and continue to pay the same team for a longer duration.

Maybe they could hit a minimal viable launch in a year. Itd be great if they could. 

I role play a wordsmith.

Maybe they could hit a minimal viable launch in a year. Itd be great if they could. 

If the minimal product was polished that would be okay but if it is minimal and wonky, might not turn out well. Obviously a more feature packed and polished version would be better but is what it is. There's still plenty to add over time that doesn't need to be in at launch but some minimal things like guild banks seem neccessary to not be laughed off the market.

1 hour ago, APE said:

If the minimal product was polished that would be okay but if it is minimal and wonky, might not turn out well. Obviously a more feature packed and polished version would be better but is what it is. There's still plenty to add over time that doesn't need to be in at launch but some minimal things like guild banks seem neccessary to not be laughed off the market.

Yep, the core needs to all be there. Its the extra layers that can come later. I loved that SWG came out early because it made the content drip over the first year very fun. I have no problems if mmos do that. 

I role play a wordsmith.