Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pamintandrei

Removing the Badge stats when entering BETA.

Recommended Posts

Is it a good idea to remove the Badge stats when we get into BETA? We will have a lot of new folks joining that will be from the start at a disadvantage and they will know it.For them it will feel like they are worse from the start , like coming in late after a wipe, and they won't be able to catch up until new ways of earning them will be possible.Especially in a PVP game i don't think its a good idea to give the new folks the impression that they will suck for a while.Even tho the stats aren't game changing they won't know that until they get some pvp under the belt.

What is your opinion ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a terrible idea, we fought and worked hard for some of these badges, some like gold malekai were handed out like candy yeah but other gold ones people put in a lot of time and effort to qualify for gold. those newcomers should have been here early like the rest of us if they wanted these badges. theyll have chances in the future to get different badges but the ones we have we earned.


hoayaga2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, pamintandrei said:

Is it a good idea to remove the Badge stats when we get into BETA? We will have a lot of new folks joining that will be from the start at a disadvantage and they will know it.For them it will feel like they are worse from the start , like coming in late after a wipe, and they won't be able to catch up until new ways of earning them will be possible.Especially in a PVP game i don't think its a good idea to give the new folks the impression that they will suck for a while.Even tho the stats aren't game changing they won't know that until they get some pvp under the belt.

What is your opinion ?

I agree Badges that give permanent stats that only early backers got seems kinda unfair to new players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah it could be considered pay to win. People coming to the game will have a disadvantage with not having the badges. Will they ever come back, or be available to other players wanting to min max. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I assume similar badges will be available to earn or craft once the Beta Campaigns start. If it's really bothering people to have that slot empty, they could award a noob basic badge for some activity in God's Reach/Infected.


tiPrpwh.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Staff said:

a terrible idea, we fought and worked hard for some of these badges, some like gold malekai were handed out like candy yeah but other gold ones people put in a lot of time and effort to qualify for gold. those newcomers should have been here early like the rest of us if they wanted these badges. theyll have chances in the future to get different badges but the ones we have we earned.

You fought for the golden ones, and you can keep em as cosmetics but i doubt anyone had a hard time getting the silver one that has the same stats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, soulein said:

They've said before that the same badges will be available through other events/means. 

I agree but that won't come any time soon from how they were talking about it so it might be and end of beta feature when most folks would've already bitched about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am agree with @pamintandrei, badges from pre-alpha must become only cosmetic at launch at least (for the beta idk) because in the beginning of the game they give a too big bonus. 
After many month of passive trainning they are less impacting but still usefull.
It will be totally unfair to let us a such bonus against new players for the launch.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The stats on the badges are small and there will be other badges to earn. Most of my guild hasn't played the pre-alpha and thus doesn't have any badges and I still don't feel like it will be enough disadvantage to worry about.

Lets not forget that you can also play "no import" campaigns to eliminate the badges or any other items from entering a campaign. 


Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Website

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2020 at 3:30 PM, pamintandrei said:

Is it a good idea to remove the Badge stats when we get into BETA?

Simple question, simple answer: No.

And why so? They will also be craftable or achievable in the final game. So what's the matter?

(In my eyes) It doesn't make (any) sense to trade in the "early benefit some people got because they participated early and actively" for "the hurt feelings of those who don't get for free the same thing, though they can still go through a likewise hassle to get it."  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Kraahk said:

 

And why so? They will also be craftable or achievable in the final game. So what's the matter?

 

In the final game, but most people interested in the game will have their first impression during this BETA .So if we can't keep them now , crowfall is DOA.And i wouldn't risk crowfall losing thousands of potential players just so us the old folk that will already stomp on them also have an advantage at the start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully ACE provides alternative methods for earning similar items in the future but until they do, they haven't. It is wishful thinking dismissing a potential issue in the near future. Same as passive training. Maybe they'll be part of the next update? Interesting to see if they came up with any new rewards for Dregs or whatever rulesets will be coming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pamintandrei said:

In the final game, but most people interested in the game will have their first impression during this BETA .So if we can't keep them now , crowfall is DOA.And i wouldn't risk crowfall losing thousands of potential players just so us the old folk that will already stomp on them also have an advantage at the start.

If these small tokens of gratitude to pre-alpha testers will make the beta-testers freak out this much ... then the game and company will have a much bigger problem. And in that case neithher the handling/existance of badges or their tiny bonusses will be the real problem nor the possible solution at all. Just my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kraahk said:

If these small tokens of gratitude to pre-alpha testers will make the beta-testers freak out this much 

The problem isn't the gift, they can still keep them exclusive but cosmetic only.And the thing about the bonus being small, yea now when we have full training it is cause we are already capped but at the start those bonuses won't be so useless they won't be a game changer but fights will be impacted by them .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Current game population that has any badges is peanuts to the population Crowfall is targeting.
Also if the pvp population will choose to leave for 2% crit chance that they can get as well through game means (it will take them 1 week or 1 month - bottom line it's not forever) then the game has failed at a much deeper level.

My 2 cents on your question pam ❤️


Gen. Prom
Guild Leader of KDS
Recruitment Post - Guild Recruiting and Management - #warstory
Visit us at www.kdsguild.org

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The actual impact of these badges is minuscule. There will be other ways to get equivalent items to put in the same slot. There will be no-import campaigns for people who want them.

Giving out permanent rewards and then taking them away is not something ACE should do lightly.


IhhQKY6.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jah said:

The actual impact of these badges is minuscule. 

An opinion used to justify the existence of an item that does give a benefit for a minority of players. If the impact is 'minuscule' as you say, then you wont mind if it becomes cosmetic only. 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a gear slot.

Badges with the same exact stats need to be obtainable in the game. They do not need to be the same skin or have any art at all, but badges with the same stats need to be obtainable in some way.

I wouldn't bother with a competitive PvP game I knew nothing about if I knew that the early testers got an additional gear slot or access to gear that was now unobtainable.

Don't take them away, just provide an equal alternative. It doesn't need to be done now, but it needs to be done before soft launch at least I think.

Edited by Yoink

aeei5jG.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...