Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pamintandrei

Removing the Badge stats when entering BETA.

2 hours ago, mystafyi said:

An opinion used to justify the existence of an item that does give a benefit for a minority of players. If the impact is 'minuscule' as you say, then you wont mind if it becomes cosmetic only. 🙄

i do mind because i worked for it, doesnt matter how small i dont want what i worked for to disappear cause thousands of new players cant handle 100 or so active players with badges and like someone said above, ACE going back and removing permanent rewards sets a very very bad precedent

Edited by Staff
2EQRWETRYXTHCJVYKUBL;HOIHU7YS5ARw2ey5yufklibgytrwe

hoayaga2.jpg

34 minutes ago, Staff said:

i do mind because i worked for it, doesnt matter how small i dont want what i worked for to disappear cause thousands of new players cant handle 100 or so active players with badges 

That's totally fine as long as those 100 or so are willing to shoulder the financial burden of not having those thousands of players.

4 hours ago, Jah said:

Giving out permanent rewards and then taking them away is not something ACE should do lightly.

Where is my palace and water in my woodland creek

Edited by Marth

11 minutes ago, Marth said:

Where is my palace and water in my woodland creek

soon™

20 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

That's totally fine as long as those 100 or so are willing to shoulder the financial burden of not having those thousands of players.

early players already bore the financial burden of crowfall, some 10k+, i didnt spend nearly that much, but still those that come later will have bigger problems then 2% final dmg mod to worry about, current top guilds in game knowledge and the knowledge they will continue to obtain through testing is an infinitely  bigger advantage than any badge. why do you even want things nerfed? why not advocate for buffs or alternate routes of power? how does a nerf fix the problem without creating others?

hoayaga2.jpg

2 minutes ago, Staff said:

why do you even want things nerfed? 

I am just advocating for more equal pvp matchups. Besides, we are talking about items that should have never have been given out or should have been purely cosmetic. I don't think we should even go into the topic of folks that bought large packages due to EK's and the mess EK's have become......

17 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

I don't think we should even go into the topic of folks that bought large packages due to EK's and the mess EK's have become......

I do :D

3 hours ago, mystafyi said:

An opinion used to justify the existence of an item that does give a benefit for a minority of players. If the impact is 'minuscule' as you say, then you wont mind if it becomes cosmetic only. 🙄

I wouldn't mind if they had been given out as cosmetic only. Giving them out with stats and then taking them away to appease whiners is more problematic.

If they were actually OP it might be necessary to swallow the bitter pill of snatching them back after giving them out. They aren't.

Either way, I am confident they won't be wiping the stats off the badges. I think you'd be better off advocating for no-import campaigns or alternate ways to get equivalent badge items in game. Both of which are planned anyway.

IhhQKY6.gif

I imagine these badges are going to be largely trivial cosmetic items that function as a "Check it out! I was there!" kind of item.

They've said that these items will be obtainable in the future (most likely easily crafted). These guys have been making MMOs for decades....have some faith.

Edited by ZYBAK

9 hours ago, ZYBAK said:

I imagine these badges are going to be largely trivial cosmetic items that function as a "Check it out! I was there!" kind of item.

They've said that these items will be obtainable in the future (most likely easily crafted). These guys have been making MMOs for decades....have some faith.

Nah...its much easier to cry and whine. The Participation-Trophy-Generation rears its ugly head again.

1 hour ago, Gradishar said:

Nah...its much easier to cry and whine. The Participation-Trophy-Generation rears its ugly head again.

LoL but this post is literally about participation trophies. 

aeei5jG.png

On 1/11/2020 at 7:28 PM, Parfax said:

Yeah it could be considered pay to win. People coming to the game will have a disadvantage with not having the badges. Will they ever come back, or be available to other players wanting to min max. 

How is it p2w? The term gets thrown around a lot without any real justification. 

Everyone has to buy the game to play, whether you’re a backer or 3 years from now. No one was able to buy any of the badges. All of them had to be earned by participation.

I’m amazed at how strong the carebear attitude is in CF. Next you’re all going to be crying for equalized gear and vessels. 

Now  a days people consider p2w to be ANY advantage you get with money. You can argue that since this game is in testing IT HAS NOT COME OUT YET, that we all paid for participation trophies that give us an advantage over people who will buy the game at release. If the game had launched it may be different, but we are getting an advantage for testing that retail players wont get. Plus we didn't do anything to get them 

18 minutes ago, Parfax said:

Now  a days people consider p2w to be ANY advantage you get with money. You can argue that since this game is in testing IT HAS NOT COME OUT YET, that we all paid for participation trophies that give us an advantage over people who will buy the game at release. If the game had launched it may be different, but we are getting an advantage for testing that retail players wont get. Plus we didn't do anything to get them 

You could also argue that the knowledge, experience, and connections we've been getting by playtesting Crowfall are significantly more of an advantage than a badge with +2% to a stat.

IhhQKY6.gif

1 minute ago, Parfax said:

Dumb smart 5 mins or 5000 hours into crowfall 2% is well 2%.

And do you think 2% to a stat is a greater advantage than years of knowledge, experience, and connections formed in game?

IhhQKY6.gif

36 minutes ago, Parfax said:

People are dumb and don’t understand definitions therefore make up their own. 

Please point to anyone who was able to buy a badge directly. Cause if you can’t then p2w is not applicable. 

46 minutes ago, Parfax said:

...But they will get them. The devs have stated that the same badges will be available as rewards in-game post-launch.

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV