Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pamintandrei

Removing the Badge stats when entering BETA.

13 minutes ago, Parfax said:

We will still have an advantage for awhile which people don't like

there are people right now without badges fighting people with badges, ive never seen a genuine complaint about it from anyone who actively plays crowfall

hoayaga2.jpg

We are not talking about the 50 active players testing the game. We are talking about launch and thousands of boomers wanting everything like the good old days and then realizing they are starting from behind. I don't really care either way I have the ones I want and I am not convinced the game will succeed. What I do know is that the game does not need anything negative impacting the launch like cries of p2w. They will have there hands full with just getting a playable game out.

1 hour ago, Jah said:

You could also argue that the knowledge, experience, and connections we've been getting by playtesting Crowfall are significantly more of an advantage than a badge with +2% to a stat.

dats p2w too

Just now, Parfax said:

We are not talking about the 50 active players testing the game. We are talking about launch and thousands of boomers wanting everything like the good old days and then realizing they are starting from behind. I don't really care either way I have the ones I want and I am not convinced the game will succeed. What I do know is that the game does not need anything negative impacting the launch like cries of p2w. They will have there hands full with just getting a playable game out.

weve had boomer threads like that appear throughout the testing phase, but i cant recall them ever mentioning badges as part of why they hate game and why its not like the good ol days, badges arent a problem that will kill the game

hoayaga2.jpg

1 minute ago, Parfax said:

Not saying it will kill the game but when people realize that we all start ahead of them, it will not be good. 

we start slightly ahead because weve put time into the game before them and have gone through the trouble of testing a buggy unfun mess. would you also consider the hat under my forum info also p2w and starting ahead?

hoayaga2.jpg

I am not sure you comprehend mmo launches in the last few years. Personally I didn't think the extra passive training was p2w but I told them that people would think it was. Do you know what happened ? They changed it because people thought it was. I tell you what I will reach out to a few content  creators and just see what they think. In the last few years it doesn't matter how good your game is at launch it is only as good as people think it is. 

31 minutes ago, Parfax said:

Sounds more like you’re projecting. 

If people freak over badges, they are going to pass out over the kickstarter and post pledge rewards.

Free mounts/pack animals, item skins, relics, years of VIP, all the EK stuff, character slots, inventory space, guild stuff, etc.

1 hour ago, Staff said:

we start slightly ahead because weve put time into the game before them and have gone through the trouble of testing a buggy unfun mess. would you also consider the hat under my forum info also p2w and starting ahead?

Several ways to reward testers that don't result in stats that other games have been doing forever.

I don't believe the badges are a huge deal, but wouldn't find it unreasonable for someone to believe they are, especially those without a lot of knowledge. This includes prospective or new customers that can very easily not buy in or stop before they get too far in. 

The fewer reasons to bleed players the better.

37 minutes ago, APE said:

I don't believe the badges are a huge deal, but wouldn't find it unreasonable for someone to believe they are, especially those without a lot of knowledge. This includes prospective or new customers that can very easily not buy in or stop before they get too far in. 

I have to agree that they are not a great deal, but perception is a MF'er. Folks will grind for days or weeks for 2% boost in mmo, heck for 1%. I would much rather explain to small test base the need to make changes then deal with the possible 100,000's of new players perceptions. Vets already have so many advantages from knowledge to muscle memory from practicing game as to make it quite unequal at launch. Vets don't need anything more to faceroll new players.

1 hour ago, mystafyi said:

I have to agree that they are not a great deal, but perception is a MF'er. Folks will grind for days or weeks for 2% boost in mmo, heck for 1%. I would much rather explain to small test base the need to make changes then deal with the possible 100,000's of new players perceptions. Vets already have so many advantages from knowledge to muscle memory from practicing game as to make it quite unequal at launch. Vets don't need anything more to faceroll new players.

Agreed.

I get people want to use them as they earned them, but they've also used them during testing so they weren't pointless. I doubt they'll remove the stats though so is what it is.

Hopefully ACE creates alternatives before it has a chance to be an issue or just deactivates the stats on test versions until there are alternatives.

To me these like kickstarter perks are like collectors edition bonuses that typically aren't a big issue. However that is usually in PVE based games that don't have win/loss conditions.

Funny how folks are saying 2% isn't a big deal but they 100% will be using them.

16 minutes ago, APE said:

Funny how folks are saying 2% isn't a big deal but they 100% will be using them.

Do you feel like people would only use them if they were in fact a big deal?

IhhQKY6.gif

4 hours ago, Parfax said:

We will still have an advantage for awhile which people don't like

A huge advantage, I can’t wait.  JTodd says he isn’t adding water but as the commandant of the HoA TearCanoe I’m ready for the flood gates.  

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

10 minutes ago, mandalore said:

A huge advantage, I can’t wait.  JTodd says he isn’t adding water but as the commandant of the HoA TearCanoe I’m ready for the flood gates.  

3JIP44h.png

When the 50$ woodland creek doesn't have water :c. I'll splash around in the mud

40 minutes ago, Jah said:

Do you feel like people would only use them if they were in fact a big deal?

Nope. People want gear in all their slots even if it is 0.01% increase.

As I mentioned previously I don't believe it is a huge deal overall, but it isn't nothing either or what would be the point.

What matters is how people will perceive it along with what else is available. Just because ACE said they will make alternatives doesn't mean they will before launch, at launch, or soon after. Hopefully they do though and we see similar items be it campaign rewards, craftable, or some how tied to the new god tasks stuff coming.

I have the same thoughts on VIP, kickstarter perks, and passive training. It all might be relatively tame individually, but once you start adding it all up, it becomes something of note.

That's why I hope ACE comes up with a tiered campaign system that isn't just factions (newb) or dregs (real game). Campaigns with different entry requirements and character ceilings. So a guild with 5 years of experience isn't dominating day 1 new players. While still letting people play the campaign type they want.

11 hours ago, Parfax said:

I am not sure you comprehend mmo launches in the last few years. Personally I didn't think the extra passive training was p2w but I told them that people would think it was. Do you know what happened ? They changed it because people thought it was. I tell you what I will reach out to a few content  creators and just see what they think. In the last few years it doesn't matter how good your game is at launch it is only as good as people think it is. 

I am not sure you comprehend how little these sorts of things actually matter.

People are definitely going to get bent out of shape by a  2% damage badge.

Those same people were never going to keep playing the game anyway the moment they figured out how passive training and crafting work, as they're simply looking for excuses to trash the game or explain why they just got their ego dismantled by someone that has years of experience playing the game.

Such people are already tourists in a game like CF and aren't really worth worrying about.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

3 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

Such people are already tourists in a game like CF and aren't really worth worrying about.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who calls them that.

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

I really don't think badge stats should be removed. And like Pope said above, anyone who is going to make a huge deal about the badges wouldn't have stayed with the game anyways. 

6 minutes ago, 1304049 said:

I really don't think badge stats should be removed. And like Pope said above, anyone who is going to make a huge deal about the badges wouldn't have stayed with the game anyways. 

I bet you’re really regretting that forum name...

wiDfyPp.png