Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pamintandrei

Removing the Badge stats when entering BETA.

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, 1304049 said:

?

Your forum name is the account name and this is also all of your character names. 


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mandalore said:

Your forum name is the account name and this is also all of your character names. 

and?

i enjoy this name so i have no regrets but i get why you would be asking that

Edited by 1304049

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is a 2% buff really THAT big of a deal? If that drives away players and makes the game so unfair then maybe we need some rebalancing. Anymore a lot of people can craft gear on top of armor training that makes the buffs useless. And with the plans for them to be obtainable in future updates pretty much ensures that everyone is going to get a fair chance.

It's a throne war not a cuddle pile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2020 at 6:28 PM, Parfax said:

Yeah it could be considered pay to win. People coming to the game will have a disadvantage with not having the badges. Will they ever come back, or be available to other players wanting to min max. 

So, how many other mmo's grant certain item's to their players that are no longer available a lot of them do Ya'll earned the badges I only have a Malaki but it is still mine it may be the most common of the badges but it is not a HUGE game changer. They should stay as a pre - Alpha only thing (as a way to reward those who tested Pre - Alpha) that was earned by those who tested during that time. Now does it seem unfair to new? Yes some will think that mainly just cuz they want a badge themselves I think it looks pretty cool x) Crowfall is more about earning what you have and less about handouts right, at least that's how I see it. I think there should be future Trials to give the players who are new/returning/started playing years later into the release but my suggestion would be to disclose trials to Faction v Faction v Faction rewards only. This way you can think of progressing into the different realms as a "progression" latter. 12 Trials 12 Months a Year therefor everyone gets a chance to receive the badges of each campaign every year and that if you miss the BiS badge for your class/subclass then you must wait till that Trial to get a shot at earning that badge. This will almost always keep the Faction realm active and competitive and as players receive these badge's (lets say you already have all 12) then whats the point of doing said campaign which thus will lead you into say the Dregg's realm then later on in to the "Shadow"?? Realm (Free for All). as players who receive the badges and conquered the land's will eventually move on to new content/rule set allowing new players/ or the less "good" players and even smaller guilds a chance at receiving the Campaign badge's with the more veteran player's moving on to the next set of realms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Naani said:

So, how many other mmo's grant certain item's to their players that are no longer available a lot of them do Ya'll earned the badges I only have a Malaki but it is still mine it may be the most common of the badges but it is not a HUGE game changer. They should stay as a pre - Alpha only thing (as a way to reward those who tested Pre - Alpha) that was earned by those who tested during that time. Now does it seem unfair to new? Yes some will think that mainly just cuz they want a badge themselves I think it looks pretty cool x) Crowfall is more about earning what you have and less about handouts right, at least that's how I see it. I think there should be future Trials to give the players who are new/returning/started playing years later into the release but my suggestion would be to disclose trials to Faction v Faction v Faction rewards only. This way you can think of progressing into the different realms as a "progression" latter. 12 Trials 12 Months a Year therefor everyone gets a chance to receive the badges of each campaign every year and that if you miss the BiS badge for your class/subclass then you must wait till that Trial to get a shot at earning that badge. This will almost always keep the Faction realm active and competitive and as players receive these badge's (lets say you already have all 12) then whats the point of doing said campaign which thus will lead you into say the Dregg's realm then later on in to the "Shadow"?? Realm (Free for All). as players who receive the badges and conquered the land's will eventually move on to new content/rule set allowing new players/ or the less "good" players and even smaller guilds a chance at receiving the Campaign badge's with the more veteran player's moving on to the next set of realms.

Also this way you would avoid the PTW mentality and give people a chance to earn it. A date on the badge description would be nice as well.

Edited by Naani
Because I suck at spelling(:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Naani said:

Also this way you would avoid the PTW mentality and give people a chance to earn it. but a date on the badge description would be nice as well.

I'd prefer the badges remain cosmetically unique for participating in these special events. New badges could offer the same stats, but have new cosmetics.


IhhQKY6.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Heartsteel said:

Is a 2% buff really THAT big of a deal?

For a min/max player it probably matters, but due to the way stats and various systems work in this game, probably not.

Still, I doubt people with the badges are going to opt out of them to not take advantage of the buff whatever it might be. 5% mount speed for example seems like something people would pay for in a cash shop so it likely would not be well received by new players that may or may not have easy access to such things.

Considering the near effortless requirement to get a silver badge, it isn't like we've been earning these things in a way that we deserve them over a new player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, APE said:

For a min/max player it probably matters, but due to the way stats and various systems work in this game, probably not.

Still, I doubt people with the badges are going to opt out of them to not take advantage of the buff whatever it might be. 5% mount speed for example seems like something people would pay for in a cash shop so it likely would not be well received by new players that may or may not have easy access to such things.

Considering the near effortless requirement to get a silver badge, it isn't like we've been earning these things in a way that we deserve them over a new player.

Perhaps not. But honestly adding these to a cash shop for new players doesn't sound like a bad idea. I wouldn't mind people paying a little bit to have something that they missed out on in Alpha testing. Just giving them something or taking away something doesn't seem like a good alternative for a few bummed out players.

And to be fair we did throw backing money to be here.

Edited by Heartsteel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's be honest 2 secs there is only 2 options for not open the door to the Pay To Win :

  • remove stats on alpha badges
  • add some default badges to everyone

i think the second option would also close the question for the nexts step.

If the stats are remove on alpha badge, the question will be open for the beta badges, then the first compaign ...

With default option we are opening horizontal scalling, default badge could be plain stats ( dex, const ... )

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Aedius said:

Let's be honest 2 secs there is only 2 options for not open the door to the Pay To Win :

  • remove stats on alpha badges
  • add some default badges to everyone

i think the second option would also close the question for the nexts step.

If the stats are remove on alpha badge, the question will be open for the beta badges, then the first compaign ...

With default option we are opening horizontal scalling, default badge could be plain stats ( dex, const ... )

 

If people only read thru threads before posting...

Also badges are not p2w. Don’t make up definitions for established terms please and thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Spunky said:

just add them to future camps with different colors, really not that hard since every1 crys about everything on this forum.

^This.

There are 13 trials. After launch, there's no reason the trials can't be on a permanent loop in 1 or 2 week faction campaigns, allowing anyone to potentially get all of their badges after 3 or 6 months. No P2W, No Alpha perk, all they have to do is play the game. Just like us.

Edited by VaMei

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2020 at 9:59 PM, soulein said:

They've said before that the same badges will be available through other events/means. 

Literally the 5th post in the thread....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, oneply said:

Literally the 5th post in the thread....

What devs have said and what has happened don't match 100%.

Much bigger issues IMO, but I get the concern some have on the little things that can potentially keep people from trying this thing out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, APE said:

What devs have said and what has happened don't match 100%.

Much bigger issues IMO, but I get the concern some have on the little things that can potentially keep people from trying this thing out.

There should be no concern over a badge keeping people from playing. That's just a sad joke. Besides, there's people already here who don't have all the badges, this shouldn't be a big deal.

If we want to really address what's influencing population, that would be a look at current content, game phase, and game preference. Not some colorful 2% badge. I have never met a person who quit or didn't play a game because they missed out on a testing phase award.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IsilithTehroth said:

Cosmetic for the first couple months then let it gain stats, no one likes F2p unless they paid and have the advantage.

but this isnt f2p


hoayaga2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...