Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pamintandrei

Removing the Badge stats when entering BETA.

7 hours ago, Staff said:

But its not p2w either? 

P2w is any advantage, even a .01%.  That .01% is the only reason they lost...

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

55 minutes ago, mandalore said:

P2w is any advantage, even a .01%.  That .01% is the only reason they lost...

I read an article about some Eve player who spent $70,000 of IRL cash and then still ended up losing some war in the game. Just because you pay doesn't mean you'll win. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/8xu7uz/after_15_years_eve_online_is_having_its_first/

Fun Fact: Just like other games with microtransactions, there are crazy people in EVE who blow stupid amounts of money on this game. Not many EVE players know this, but the current Chinese Player group (Fraternity Coalition) has had their current war funded by one guy for the last two months, and he has spent $70,000 doing that, and they’re still going to lose anyway, which is kind of hilarious.

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Website

1 hour ago, blazzen said:

I read an article about some Eve player who spent $70,000 of IRL cash and then still ended up losing some war in the game. Just because you pay doesn't mean you'll win. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/8xu7uz/after_15_years_eve_online_is_having_its_first/

If I could I would.

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

1 hour ago, blazzen said:

Red Fleet did the same thing years back, and it went about as well for them. You can buy arms to feed to a meat grinder, but you can't buy skill.

9 hours ago, blazzen said:

Yes, but paying means you absolutely get an advantage. Whether or not a person uses that advantage or is nullified by other players buying the same advantage is another story. Pointing out outliers is fine, but It is not the norm.

5 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

Yes, but paying means you absolutely get an advantage. Whether or not a person uses that advantage or is nullified by other players buying the same advantage is another story. Pointing out outliers is fine, but It is not the norm.

If someone wins Crowfall because of these badges, I'd call that an outlier as well.

IhhQKY6.gif

9 minutes ago, Jah said:

If someone wins Crowfall because of these badges, I'd call that an outlier as well.

Heh, I cant argue that fact. I would prefer everyone starts on even playing field at launch though to avoid bad perceptions from new players.

7 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

Heh, I cant argue that fact. I would prefer everyone starts on even playing field at launch though to avoid bad perceptions from new players.

So you wanna disband established guilds that know how to win?  I mean that’s fine for chaos guilds who’ve never won but that negatively impacts any non chaos NA guild. 

wiDfyPp.png

39 minutes ago, mandalore said:

So you wanna disband established guilds that know how to win?  I mean that’s fine for chaos guilds who’ve never won but that negatively impacts any non chaos NA guild. 

order guilds exist, supposedly 

hoayaga2.jpg

So question for the crows:  in order to have a guild you have to pay $5.  You can’t win CF without a guild.  So guilds are pay to win.  

@Tinnis I need a meme.

wiDfyPp.png

11 hours ago, blazzen said:

Just because you pay doesn't mean you'll win. 

Clearly. That is why I find "P2W" to be silly terminology.

One pays for advantage, convenience, power, or whatever of value that might aid in winning but that doesn't get summed up in three key strokes.

27 minutes ago, mandalore said:

So question for the crows:  in order to have a guild you have to pay $5.  You can’t win CF without a guild.  So guilds are pay to win.  

I see it more as an entrance fee to a competition. Something that is required across the board for everyone wanting to participate in a game designed with guilds as the center. 

If an individual or group can't afford $5, might need to rethink life choices. Same goes for the outcry against <$15 for a sub.

While not exactly a hefty cost, it might keep the 1 member and throw away guilds down a bit.