Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SharkBeast

Building small PvP structures

Player built PvP structures will add new dynamics to PK hunts like tracking/territory defence/ global assassination attempts  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Would you wanna craft and build PK structures for your faction?

• Hell yeah! Bring on the battle and may all the gods watch over me as we conquer!
    • Nah the PvE mobs are tough as it is...

First I wanna dedicate these post ideas to 'The Infected' & Campaign mode (PvP enabled zones)

Since the map is extremely huge! I think it would be a great idea for players to make more use of it through the Stonemasonary/Woodworking by being able to include crafting small PvP structures like guard towers and watch towers to fill the land mass during adventuring. Making use of the big world and finding incentive to find PvP from an everyday casual adventure.

Guard Tower: Similar to PvE towers but they are player-built. Hiring a Guard NPC is costly. Any kills made from guards are auto-looted and kept till collection

Watch Tower: Similar to Guard Tower however the Watch NPC uses binoculars and raven. Any player spotted will notify the builder and track them on map for 30 seconds unknowingly (affected by skills)

Other topics to discuss:

Note leaving: In-game you can leave items in loot chests for others to take...Why not leave a note?  Notes are a great way to interact, show players where buried treasure lays or show them an early grave pointing them to ranger traps

Who let the dogs out?: A dangereous structure that if opened will unleash a pack of  tracking hound dogs that will send for a random player in the world. Global range makes It they won't stop unless killed or target  moves off map

Trick-or-Treat: Some loot chests may not be all good let alone empty

In general...More enviromental PvP structures/items to keep us players engaged when traveling through the land mass. Who knows what hell we might face before reaching enemy territory! 🤣 ☠️

hqdefault.jpg

Thank you for reading and comment your sugesstions below!

There are already outposts in the game that players can take control of. These are getting a pass in the next update, so that they will all serve a purpose. The guard towers are being moved to be along roads so that they will be important for caravans. And there will also be banking outposts (we won't be able to bank anywhere we want any more). 

People will be able to build a lot of new buildings in the next patch as part of city building.

I suggest watching the latest Q&A videos to get an idea of what else is coming.

Also unless they changed it, you can write on parchment and leave notes. use to do it all the time in peoples bodies.

On 1/13/2020 at 5:45 PM, Arkade said:

There are already outposts in the game that players can take control of. These are getting a pass in the next update, so that they will all serve a purpose. The guard towers are being moved to be along roads so that they will be important for caravans. And there will also be banking outposts (we won't be able to bank anywhere we want any more). 

People will be able to build a lot of new buildings in the next patch as part of city building.

I suggest watching the latest Q&A videos to get an idea of what else is coming.

Seems their idea was player built structures placed around the world which I think is a great idea but doubt the servers/engine could handle it.

Capturing outposts and strongholds is pretty basic and other games do it better. Dregs seems to be what people are here for and hopefully ups the city building aspect, but the world is very generic and missing player influence.

Would be interesting if players could place outposts within an area their faction/guild controlled if not into the open world itself. Would add even more strategy and value to exploring beyond day 1.

A "Throne War Sim" without conquest and territory control seems rather meh. Claiming a castle to control a entire zone/map is not exciting IMO.

I'm personally not  a fan of "structures" in an open world pvp setting.  I perfer "events" such as the resource caravans that could possibly be in our future.  If structures are a smaller part of an event, then ya, do it.  If done correctly, open world pvp will have some sort of attraction going on during peak times (or multiple attractions) where in your chances of winning can be increased by participation.  Bring us together, make us want/need to fight.  Do that alot, and often, and make it feel different from fight to fight.