Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SleepyRogue

The REAL reason they are pushing for B E T A...

22 hours ago, mystafyi said:

To be honest, I expected large pvp battles, some sort of kingdom ebb and flow, no leveling or grind for the sake of grind, basically a thronewar type of game. Its starting to look like both types of players may be in the wrong place...

To be fair, all of the incoming mechanics work towards the end of larger pvp battles, kingdom ebb and flow and throne war mechanics.  The level grinding is in fact a grind for the sake of grind at the moment, can't argue that, but that is also so trivial as to be laughable (how much of a grind is it really if it can be permanently completed in an hour or two?).  As to just how far those incoming mechanics go towards achieving those goals is yet to be seen, and they aren't giving us a lot to go off of so I understand making assumptions, but by all information provided they are on the right-ish track to deliver the soul of the product they said they would deliver and are just not done yet.  

1 hour ago, IsilithTehroth said:

Because any mmorpg that is solely pvp based without deep content for "sheep" players ends up dying.

Also in fairness, there has not, at any point, been any communication that this game was anything other than PvP-centered.  Can't speak to other MMOs or their success, but there are no surprises here.

ACE's biggest fault here is inviting everyone in so early, working more directly with the community for a long time setting a precedent for good 2-way communication (within reason of course), and then upending that precedent and abandoning us in an information vacuum during a 6+ month long feature freeze.  This is a major undertaking and getting it right will reasonably take a few years, and that is no different from most other large games. 

I would also caution against bagging on ACE for trying to market their product (though I definitely think their recent policy of guarding info from backers is absolutely a slap in the face).  We don't know what VIP will look like and it is hard to say if/how those fees will sustain CF, but regardless it is new subscriptions that will help keep the lights on at launch and that benefits us all.

Edited by starrshipcs

4 hours ago, IsilithTehroth said:

Darkfall online had most pvply and it still died, there has to be many activities for non pvpers to do or people that don't want to pvp 24/7, otherwise people burn out, espcially if its mostly zerg vs zerg conflict. Think Uo and runescape.

There can be many pvp content enabling things too that entice the players to do that activity.

Darkfall was great the first month or 2 when there were so many people in there but the lack of good pve content and high skill ceiling made 80% of the population quit.

Tbh as funny as it sounds PvP focused game need to be 70% or so emphesis on other elements to keep the population be it crafting/PvE/City building and so on. Players are the content for PvP players so if you design the game to be pvp you want alot of other elements that work with the pvp you want to produce in your game, sadly darkfall for example was one that went basicly all into pvp and suffered because of it.

I still wanna see open world bosses and dungeons in this game (No instances of course though)

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

1 hour ago, starrshipcs said:

As to just how far those incoming mechanics go towards achieving those goals is yet to be seen, and they aren't giving us a lot to go off of so I understand making assumptions, but by all information provided they are on the right-ish track to deliver the soul of the product they said they would deliver and are just not done yet.  

I can only go off what is available. Its possible ACE will pull everything together cohesively where it all works but its possible they don't. I have to terminate both people and companies for doing subpar or incomplete work that was promised quite often so I must be realistic. 

2 hours ago, mystafyi said:

I can only go off what is available. Its possible ACE will pull everything together cohesively where it all works but its possible they don't. I have to terminate both people and companies for doing subpar or incomplete work that was promised quite often so I must be realistic. 

Absolutely fair.  I've had to do the same with a couple vendors and it is an extra kick in the pants when you are so far down the road for implementation.  Here's to hoping 5.110 is everything they have insinuated it would be :)