Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Dev Diary: The Power Bar

How does Stealth work with this new system? Previously you to flip back into Survival before being able to re-enter stealth. Does this necessitate some changes to how the Stealth system will work/be balanced going forward?

I like simplifications like this, it removes confusion from how to interact with the world. Good change!

/wave survival tray. 

Questions/Comments:

1. How long does it take to go out of combat? How many seconds? Does it start from the time you haven't been damaged? 
  2. How many hits does it take to force someone into combat? 
  3. How does dismounting a fleeing enemy work? Will a single hit place them in combat stance thus dismounting them?
  4. Have you taken into account the impact this will have on stealthing classes who right now can force themselves in and out of combat to restealth at will? This seems like it could be a small nerf to these classes in the ability to restealth. One consideration maybe lowering the cost on the ultimate abilities which restealth them from combat stance to compensate. 
  5. I was kinda sad to see dodge pips still on the bar - I still think we would be better served with dodges costing stamina. It would help balance out the retaliate spam. 
  6. Will we be able to decapitate downed enemies from combat stance or will that be an out of combat thing only? If out of combat is it possible to interrupt it with a single hit to put someone into combat?
  7. I saw mention of class specific mechanics incorporated into this bar - does this include any changes to the Myrmidon's Berserk "Heart" meter?
  8. Players used some survival tray slots for certain buffs (Illusionist discipline Glamour Weapon is one example) to create more bar space. Have you considered increasing the default amount of bar slots (8) to compensate?
  9. Are the slotted harvesting tools considered "equipped" so not lootable? I do quite like that we won't have to run around with a giant glowing tool all the time, only when we're actually using it. Those glowing tools were essentially "kill me" beacons.
  10. How will wood elf camo and guinecean racial stealth be handled? 
  11. PATCH ON TEST IN FEB WOOOOOOT! :) 
Edited by blazzen

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Website

My only concern is you won't be able toca control when you are out of combat to execute out of combat abilities (go to stealth, mount, cast an spirit axe to behead someone, eat or drink to get a buf ...)

Just now, Extintor said:

My only concern is you won't be able toca control when you are out of combat to execute out of combat abilities (go to stealth, mount, cast an spirit axe to behead someone, eat or drink to get a buf ...)

Based on the article, my guess is that the beheading will be one of those situational things where the game has to decide what you want to do. If you are targeting a corpse, the game should be smart enough to know you want to behead it rather than attack it.

2 minutes ago, Arkade said:

Based on the article, my guess is that the beheading will be one of those situational things where the game has to decide what you want to do. If you are targeting a corpse, the game should be smart enough to know you want to behead it rather than attack it.

But while you're beheading, are you in combat or out of combat? :)

And what about looting? Do you have to wait to be out of combat or can you loot being in combat? There's a lot of details to know.

First off, thank you for look at what's coming up. The big pieces may stuffed into CC's quiver, but little bits are still good for buzz.

In addition to the points above, how will this affect TrailBlazer/Master? Today there is an un-channeled delay after entering Survival before the speed buff takes affect.

Edited by VaMei

I like the idea of being able to equip all harvesting tools, with that said since all tools can be equipped and not just one like today when you kill someone you're not gonna see any in their inventory. Unless they're carrying extras of course.

1 hour ago, Scree said:

How does Stealth work with this new system? Previously you to flip back into Survival before being able to re-enter stealth. Does this necessitate some changes to how the Stealth system will work/be balanced going forward?

I like simplifications like this, it removes confusion from how to interact with the world. Good change!

Please answer this.

1 hour ago, blazzen said:

/wave survival tray. 

Questions/Comments:

1. How long does it take to go out of combat? How many seconds? Does it start from the time you haven't been damaged? 
  2. How many hits does it take to force someone into combat? 
  3. How does dismounting a fleeing enemy work? Will a single hit place them in combat stance thus dismounting them?
  4. Have you taken into account the impact this will have on stealthing classes who right now can force themselves in and out of combat to restealth at will? This seems like it could be a small nerf to these classes in the ability to restealth. One consideration maybe lowering the cost on the ultimate abilities which restealth them from combat stance to compensate. 
  5. I was kinda sad to see dodge pips still on the bar - I still think we would be better served with dodges costing stamina. It would help balance out the retaliate spam. 
  6. Will we be able to decapitate downed enemies from combat stance or will that be an out of combat thing only? If out of combat is it possible to interrupt it with a single hit to put someone into combat?
  7. I saw mention of class specific mechanics incorporated into this bar - does this include any changes to the Myrmidon's Berserk "Heart" meter?
  8. Players used some survival tray slots for certain buffs (Illusionist discipline Glamour Weapon is one example) to create more bar space. Have you considered increasing the default amount of bar slots (8) to compensate?
  9. Are the slotted harvesting tools considered "equipped" so not lootable? I do quite like that we won't have to run around with a giant glowing tool all the time, only when we're actually using it. Those glowing tools were essentially "kill me" beacons.
  10. How will wood elf camo and guinecean racial stealth be handled? 
  11. PATCH ON TEST IN FEB WOOOOOOT! :) 

From a mechanics level our server has always had the concept of "in combat" and "out of combat", it was just being controlled by the player manually (like a stick shift) via the survival tray and any of the "combat" trays (melee/ranged/death/life). This is why we have always had ooc regen and ic regen.

1) Being on any NPC's hate list will keep you in combat. When it dies or leashes you are removed thus dropping ooc. If you are on a players hate list and damage them within 10 seconds you are in combat. Using any combat power (tray / left clicks) will briefly put you into combat for the animation length plus a few seconds. If you are on no hate lists, you drop out.
2) 1 hit. (hitting an out of combat player just forces them into combat (no more dizzy/dizzy down)
3) Hitting a mounted enemy has an increasing chance to dismount them on each hit.
4) Managing their ultimate as an escape mechanic will be something the stealth classes need to think about.
6) Deathblow requires out of combat to initiate the power. (As of now, the combat check happens at button press and not completion, so getting hit wouldn't stop it)
7) All the class widgets go into the class widget slot on the powerbar, be it pips for Assassins or Myrmidon hearts.
😎 Default is still 8 power tray slots, there is always the human option for 9 though!
9) Tools only appear when you start the swing on the resource node and for a few seconds after that. All to tools are considered "equipped" so follow whatever loot/import rules that exist for said campaign.
10) Pretty similar to how it is now, loadout power, activate. If you enter combat, the power deactivates.

Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

ugg way to break the feel this game had. no more solo farming and hopeing to live and rip stealth class's they already had a hard time getting out.

Edited by Spunky

The tray is definitely looking alot cleaner, and im glad the survival tray has been removed, the Survival tray just made everything feel so much more clunky. A suggestion which i think will make the tray swap feel even smoother is using a single keybind for weapon swap instead of the current 2 keys required, by default U and Z. A example i can use is GW2 and how it uses a single keybind to weapon swap (~) and a weapon sheath button(X). Also something needs to be figured out for stealth classes.

Edited by krevra

krevra.png

1 hour ago, MediocreMowlluskLawncareServices said:

Also, what about clerics/knights/Templar that swapped to survival tray to dodge?  Will this be gone completely?  That will have a big impact on these classes.

Any chance we can get this one answered?  I'm assuming we'll have to choose if we want the mitigation or the mobility.