Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Dev Diary: The Power Bar

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, thomasblair said:

1) Being on any NPC's hate list will keep you in combat. When it dies or leashes you are removed thus dropping ooc. If you are on a players hate list and damage them within 10 seconds you are in combat. Using any combat power (tray / left clicks) will briefly put you into combat for the animation length plus a few seconds. If you are on no hate lists, you drop out.

Do DoT's such as bleeds, poisons, etc. make the hate list vs. Players? 

Imagining a situation where an Assassin using a poison toxin needs to escape but can't break combat because DoT continues ticking. 


Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Website

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So how does this work with classes like druid that need to swap between life and death trays to maintain essence or avoid essence burn? Unless you guys are changing druid...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Heartsteel said:

So how does this work with classes like druid that need to swap between life and death trays to maintain essence or avoid essence burn? Unless you guys are changing druid...

Those trays still exist and you will still swap between them. It's only the survival tray that is gone.

Edited by Arkade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Arkade said:

Those trays still exist and you will still stop between them. It's only the survival tray that is gone.

Ah that works. 

So basically we're playing "read my mind" with the game to decide between attacking and harvesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoyed the combat flow before the switch to survival tray.   And the angst in this thread echoes the angst when the survival tray was introduced in the first place.  I'm looking forward to testing the new state.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MrErad said:

Any chance we can get this one answered?  I'm assuming we'll have to choose if we want the mitigation or the mobility.

Yes, all the classes who benefit from have a mitigation in combat and a dodge in survival will have to pick.
 

15 minutes ago, Arkade said:

Which pretty much every game with automatic combat switching has dealt with, which is why I preferred the manual switching.

I do believe the saying is "better the devil you know". Meaning we have all experienced this before in every game that uses this model, however the benefits of the model outweigh the potential of this known potential problem. We definitely want to hear if it happens to you when this goes to Test, and if it does, you will either need to use a Runegate or Recall.
 

8 minutes ago, blazzen said:

Do DoT's such as bleeds, poisons, etc. make the hate list vs. Players? 

Imagining a situation where an Assassin using a poison toxin needs to escape but can't break combat because DoT continues ticking. 

This is a bug we have in our current build that I hope is fixed by the time we get to Test. Ideally DoT's you put on other players shouldn't pin you in Combat, however DoT's you have active ticking on you should.


Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think my biggest concern is the overall reduction of ability slots. Some classes get multiple trays by default and split their base kit between them, leaving plenty of slots open for discipline powers. Other classes only get 1 tray by default and can fill that up entirely with their base kit + racials.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks fantastic! Nice work. I hope it feels as sexy as it looks. Please keep in mind how these changes to in combat/ out of combat stances effect durability loss.

Edited by Bzra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Arkade said:

I think my biggest concern is the overall reduction of ability slots. Some classes get multiple trays by default and split their base kit between them, leaving plenty of slots open for discipline powers. Other classes only get 1 tray by default and can fill that up entirely with their base kit + racials.

Agreed. 

Seems like they could expand those 3 "consumable" slots into 8 - 10x "out of combat slots" that get greyed out while in combat. At least then we would have the same amount of bar slots as we had before we just wouldn't have to manually tray swap to use them. 


Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Website

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

as a templar/cleric player loosing that dodge on survival is gonna be a pain too :(
also the buffs on the survival is a big concern. having the extra slots as blazzen says sounds like a good idea for the buff skills.




 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, blazzen said:

Agreed. 

Seems like they could expand those 3 "consumable" slots into 8 - 10x "out of combat slots" that get greyed out while in combat. At least then we would have the same amount of bar slots as we had before we just wouldn't have to manually tray swap to use them. 

i would prefer being able to put buffs in the consumable slots or adding 2 more slots for buffs, theyre going for forcing us to make choices and i dont think we'll fully budge them on that with a whole tray


hoayaga2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Staff said:

i would prefer being able to put buffs in the consumable slots or adding 2 more slots for buffs, theyre going for forcing us to make choices and i dont think we'll fully budge them on that with a whole tray

I'm fine with making choices, but when some classes can choose 8 abilities and others can choose 16, that doesn't make those choices very fun for the 8 ability classes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The change I don’t feel is fair at all is having to put camo and limited burrow on your limited combat bar. That’s pretty much writing those abilities off in almost cases. Making those OOC utility slots would make more sense.

Stealth classes on the one hand are super annoying to kill if you aren’t their one or two hard counters, but on the flip side they are super weak atm. Soo either way there needs to be some balancing there to make the change to stealth work out nicely.

Does this mean exploration disc moves go on the utility bar or your combat bar?

Also tactical head chopping is possibly out if you must get OOC by avoiding damage. May also need to elongate the time to crow to compensate for the delay in being able to start a head chop.

Edited by Duffy

lPoLZtm.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, thomasblair said:

This is a bug we have in our current build that I hope is fixed by the time we get to Test. Ideally DoT's you put on other players shouldn't pin you in Combat, however DoT's you have active ticking on you should.

Same logic:

Will Brigand traps triggering put me in combat?

Traps expiring, or traps I don't have the ability to remove before I leave an area can put me in combat without my consent. People can literally step on a trap on purpose to unstealth me and force me in to combat for ten seconds. Because they can see the traps they have control over whether or not they step on them and can purposely use my own left over traps against me as a de facto snare.

If assassin can maintain stealth while dealing damage, can the stealth trapper spec?

 

Burrow having to go on a combat bar severely constrains the bar for guinecian knights and clerics..

You are literally already weaker as a guinea knight or cleric in return for getting burrow. Now you're even weaker by virtue of losing a combat bar slot.

 

Ditto with Wood Elves and camo. This seems unnecessarily punitive given the existing state of their other racial bonuses.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about for Hunger crystals? What will the game chose to whack it with? If I am trained in stone and want to use a hammer instead of a pick but the game wants me to use a pick, that's problematic. Right now we have the choice to use a hammer or a pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently the Wood Elf Camo and the Illusionist Camo can only be slotted in the Survival Tray. Going into Combat breaks this stealth state. Will the “consumable slots” be available for this Camo power? If not, will it now function using the “C” stealth mechanic Duelists and Assassins use? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thomasblair said:

1) Being on any NPC's hate list will keep you in combat. When it dies or leashes you are removed thus dropping ooc. If you are on a players hate list and damage them within 10 seconds you are in combat. Using any combat power (tray / left clicks) will briefly put you into combat for the animation length plus a few seconds. If you are on no hate lists, you drop out.
3) Hitting a mounted enemy has an increasing chance to dismount them on each hit.

How do you get in an npc's hate list? Just by getting aggro or you need to hit or being hit? Can you be simultaneously mounted and in combat or if you're mounted the rules to get in combat are different? I think the mechanic is a little confusing for me. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...