Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Dev Diary: The Power Bar

25 minutes ago, VaMei said:

Clerics deal damage to get the ult up asap lest the miracles stop flowing, an arch or earthkeeper must deal damage to prevent essence burn, and a pally that doesn't ever swing is just wrong.

EKs don’t Have essence issues unless people don’t puck the bulls up. 

Will consumables become equipped far as loot rules once slotted onto the consume buttons. If not lootable, could counter with cap of 5 consumables tops per button. Forces people to restock in their city or not care if they in a PVE area cause we can just hit B for bank and grab some more. Turns consumables into our batman utility belt with limited uses.

If no survival tray rez option....possible to reduce the cast time if players sacrifice a hot key slot for it?  

How will armor decay work with no survival tray? Is it programmed to only decay if game considers you truly in combat and actively fighting?

random thoughts while im at work today....

Edited by Goonii

21 hours ago, thomasblair said:

From a mechanics level our server has always had the concept of "in combat" and "out of combat", it was just being controlled by the player manually (like a stick shift) via the survival tray and any of the "combat" trays (melee/ranged/death/life). This is why we have always had ooc regen and ic regen.

1) ...
2) ...
3) ...

So many questions... Maybe this month's Q&A should had been postponed some days.

i love making classes choose between survival abilities and dodge. the game needs more hard choices like that imo, especially when every class already has such broad access to almost all power types.

Do we settle on a single-camera system or have the camera behavior change based on behavior?

What did you ultimately decide on this? IMO, the thing that made switching in and out of the survival tray awkward was the switch from over the shoulder POV to overhead POV. Is this gone now? Are both using an overhead or over the shoulder POV? Can we still swing the camera around while not in combat to look behind us?

On 1/16/2020 at 6:48 AM, Vicid said:

Rise of the Bow Knight!

Also RIP Templars 

legit what im thinking just so i can use dodge in the range tray and keep block for melee. 

Initial suggestions from what i see:

- Add 1 more skill slot next to consumable for 1 out of combat skill like wood elf camo, Alt+4 for example. (You can add a minor disapline that gives you a 2nd slot if you wanted, there definetly appear to be room for these.

- Add a minor disapline that allows you to equip a dodge skill on your action bar this way templar and knights still have there option to dodge roll and there parry/block ability however they loose a combat slot instead the skill stil functions exactly the same way as it would normal but instead of right click it be on like number 8 instead it basicly allows you to drag it from the dodge slot to your combat bar instead.

- Show a timer for going out of combat after combat ends in the debuff/buff section? so if you go out of combat 15 seconds after being hit or hitting somone you get a buff saying 10 seconds till out of combat so you can see.

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

On 1/15/2020 at 12:54 PM, Pann said:

Say farewell to the survival tray and hello to a more streamlined and cohesive power tray. 

FULL STORY

This is a good change. Looking forward to it.

Eat or be eaten

I would think they would post it tomorrow after the web/magazine stuff gets their blurb out.

But I have been wrong before.!

Edited by srathor

Checking in because I don't see if anyone has asked, but...

How will this affect the usage of Stamina to bring the walk/run speed up during a fight? Obviously there will be a "Combat: yes/no" state at play to toggle a lot of this from the look, but is being flagged for combat going to effectively slow us down to combat speed until we are out again? 

Would be awfully tight if we could have just base survival tray speed at all times with an option to use stamina to sprint at the correct percentage increase of survival tray speed...  This first thing I noticed about combat in this game was how clunky that speed differential felt the first time I encountered it. 

I would like to see an additional slot or two for racials, dodges, and ooc abilities. As it stands, the vast majority of these abilities will be useless. Choice is good, but choice should be fun.

Edited by Zatch

On 1/23/2020 at 3:53 PM, Zatch said:

I would like to see an additional slot or two for racials, dodges, and ooc abilities.

I agree - I think this would be more fun, I especially would like a Racial power slot like the Class ultimate.  Prob not likely for balance reasons (forcing choice) 😞

tiPrpwh.png

22 hours ago, miraluna said:

I agree - I think this would be more fun, I especially would like a Racial power slot like the Class ultimate.  Prob not likely for balance reasons (forcing choice) 😞

It makes the choice of race significantly more important. As it currently stands, no one will pick a race for the racial abilities. I want choice to matter, but the way to do it is by creating more options for choices. If they add two more ability slots for dodge, or racial powers it makes the race you choose more compelling than just stat points. 

Edited by Zatch

On 1/25/2020 at 7:14 PM, Zatch said:

It makes the choice of race significantly more important. As it currently stands, no one will pick a race for the racial abilities. I want choice to matter, but the way to do it is by creating more options for choices. If they add two more ability slots for dodge, or racial powers it makes the race you choose more compelling than just stat points. 

TBH this just makes sense. They already added 1/4 of a top bar. Might as well just finish it off and call it the "utility bar"

Not having to tray swap is good, but getting rid of the exploration bar is bad. There are just too many niche utility skills that don't add up to enough value to lose a combat skill.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

On 1/15/2020 at 3:45 PM, thomasblair said:

Yes, all the classes who benefit from have a mitigation in combat and a dodge in survival will have to pick.

This is the news I was dreading.  =(  Well... I'll have to wait and see what you guys put in to offset this in some other way because I really hope there is something.  If not it would be great to have block and parry just be regular powers where you have to hold the key down to use it or something. =(

The loss of the survival bar is a nerf across the board (and increase in the annoyance tax) but I'm not sure they realize how big of an nerf this will be to the block and parry crowd.

It makes a LOT of sense for a racial ability to be inherent and not have to be loaded out in place of a combat skill (unless you have options within racial abilities, in which case the chosen option should be loaded into a dedicated slot)

Edited by starrshipcs

In the new model, the question of what-happens-when-I-left-click is now context-sensitive to your situation. If you walk up to a tree and left-click, the game is smart enough to recognize you are trying to chop a tree and it automatically sheaths your weapon and pulls out your axe. If the situation is questionable at all (and from what we’ve seen, there rarely is a situation where the game has to decide if you intended to harvest something or engage in combat), the system assumes that you intended combat.

So, if a player is harvesting and a stealther walks up behind him, the player would automatically pull out his combat weapon?

Maybe because his spidey sense was tingling? 

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

5 hours ago, chancellor said:

So, if a player is harvesting and a stealther walks up behind him, the player would automatically pull out his combat weapon?

Maybe because his spidey sense was tingling? 

Meta going to be run around with left clic macro running to counter stealth?