Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
yianni

Do not wipe test passive skills for 5.110

If we need to test the new trait system with blacksmithing and any other crafting changes we need the passive skills to remain for test . 

Or really speed up the training time , because I forgot there was a passive skill tree revamp 

Edited by yianni

3 hours ago, pamintandrei said:

But a solution would be to have the passive tree as X10 on test

Believe they've said they can't go past 3x even though it was faster in the past. Not sure what sort of tech/design limitations would prevent such tweaking. For a game supposedly built on the concept of devs being able to tweak everything by turning dials, guess they forgot some dials.

14 minutes ago, Yoink said:

Maybe just do 100x or full passive training on Test and keep 1x on Live.

Test end game and early game.

Beyond tech limitations, I don't see why they wouldn't/couldn't do this.

2 minutes ago, yianni said:

live cant be at 1x, not with that many testers and needing to test the new stuff

On the other hand, not testing the planned passive training rates for launch might be a bad idea.

I think accelerated rates on TEST and planned launch rates on LIVE makes sense.

IhhQKY6.gif

12 hours ago, Jah said:

On the other hand, not testing the planned passive training rates for launch might be a bad idea.

totally agree with @Jah, and we have to know and test the system for future new players to catch up the older players. 
It's really important cause many new players come atm and cant do anything good in craft before many weeks so we need to test how we can help them in the future.
X1 passive training and catch up system really need to be test fast to balance them before there is too much player. If these systems are not balance ppl will criticize the game as hell

I'm with Jah and Royo.

Text should be accelerated just so the different combos can be tested. Working on a dev team, getting as much QA for a core systems as possible is make or break for the end users.
You have no idea how many systems I've seen go out that had a rushed QA pass set a permanent negative feel to the users. In some cases, the "bad taste" is there years after the issue has been fixed. we need these things solid before we hit open beta.

Setting Live to whatever the planned rate is going to be is just as critical. They will only have 1 chance to figure out what rate feels right, and each major change to the tree layout is going to reset the need to feel this out. Too slow, and peeps will just ignore it. Too fast, and it becomes pointless. Each skill will have 2 dials: how fast you get points, and how many points it takes to level the skill up. Once they set the speed of getting points, changing it will have so many side effects. So I really look forward to seeing that dial set to "Goldilocks"

On 1/18/2020 at 3:20 PM, Yoink said:

Maybe just do 100x or full passive training on Test and keep 1x on Live.

Test end game and early game.

Agree.

Although I think the highest they've done is 10x. 

I'm all for 10x on TEST and 1x on LIVE. 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Website

On 1/18/2020 at 6:12 PM, Jah said:

The last time they slowed to 1 the forums blew up. I really don’t think 1 is the way the should go but it be worth getting the ragefest out of the way as early as possible. Personally think 3 is a solid rate to stick with come launch. But we’ll see how it is with the new trees. 

57 minutes ago, oneply said:

The last time they slowed to 1 the forums blew up. I really don’t think 1 is the way the should go but it be worth getting the ragefest out of the way as early as possible. Personally think 3 is a solid rate to stick with come launch. But we’ll see how it is with the new trees. 

If they intend to launch with a passive accrual rate of 1 and v5.110 is the launch version to be polished and balanced, then v5.110 is indeed a good time to rip that band-aid off for the LIVE environment.  At that point I would certainly hope that no one has time to progress very far in the skill trees prior to the go live wipe anyway, at a speed of 1, 3 or otherwise.  Stats with full passive training behind them can be observed in TEST well enough that it would probably be prudent to start removing as many of the temporary mechanisms and settings from LIVE as possible to get a real feel for how it will all shake out.  The faster they get things tested from all 360 degrees, the faster we can get on with it and actually start playing the game instead of play testing.

Edited by starrshipcs

Every time they don't wipe passive training, or speed it up is a time they aren't getting feedback about the impact of passive training rates, unlock order, and a derth of other features.

Remember when we had to skill up in to learning new recipies?

That model was abandoned in direct response to a passive skill wipe revealing a critical weakness in the early leg of the skill system.

They've revamped the system and we are nearing a base feature complete alpha.

The time to kick the can down the road in terms of skill training evaluation is over.

We need a full reset with release scale training in order to determine if having no skills and training them at release rates is actually fun or if it needs to be modified.

I don't like getting skill reset either but we've been mentally blocking out balancing these issues for a long time and we can't do it forever.

if 1x is too slow for we bittervets, its also too slow for a new player and it needs to be adjusted. Setting that training rate and assigning the order of those trains to make that curve something that doesn't feel like a huge barrier to play is important and essential to the NPE.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Didn't they say on the last U&A that they were still talking about how much they would speed up the training but hadn't settled on by how much?