Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yianni

Give war tribe Kings a unique name and announce their spawn

In shadowbane we had mobs that were announced when they spawned with unique items like disciplines or godly runes. I think it would be cool to have the Kings do the same and maybe in addition to that announce what they have on them like a specific book . this doesn't have to be limited to kings either 

2 hours ago, yianni said:

In shadowbane we had mobs that were announced when they spawned with unique items like disciplines or godly runes. I think it would be cool to have the Kings do the same and maybe in addition to that announce what they have on them like a specific book . this doesn't have to be limited to kings either 

Sounds good.

But I would prefer a new type of NPC for this. Not the usual kings we see now. They could be famous unique leaders of order/balance/chaos/whatever, maybe kind of demi-gods or close-to-godly creatures, that spawn more than just rarely.

I could even imagine them to be an imminent threat, gathering tribes in the area and leading them to attack even strongholds - so there would be a need to stop them as soon as possible, even if it means people would have to cooperate with enemy troups.

"The world trembles. Orgrud the Wrecker entered the world once more in [World-Island]. Flee as long as you can!"

Love it. :)

But not just the current "king" NPC's. That's just to small.

4 minutes ago, Kraahk said:

Sounds good.

But I would prefer a new type of NPC for this. Not the usual kings we see now. They could be famous unique leaders of order/balance/chaos/whatever, maybe kind of demi-gods or close-to-godly creatures, that spawn more than just rarely.

I could even imagine them to be an imminent threat, gathering tribes in the area and leading them to attack even strongholds - so there would be a need to stop them as soon as possible, even if it means people would have to cooperate with enemy troups.

"The world trembles. Orgrud the Wrecker entered the world once more in [World-Island]. Flee as long as you can!"

Love it. :)

But not just the current "king" NPC's. That's just to small.

That sounds more of a world boss event. I'm thinking something that would promote pvp

1 minute ago, yianni said:

That sounds more of a world boss event. I'm thinking something that would promote pvp

The current kings are just not important enough. In my opinion. They would need to be better. And then they would need to have more important loot. And then they could not appear too often. Since the loot is very good, people will complain if they don't get it. If it also helps to save them from harm, they will be more willing to participate and won't complain as much. 

I mean, I wouldn't run through the world, just because a king spawn is mentioned. Just not worth it. Plus, until I am there, it's most probably already done. There will be (already are) enough people spawning them with a vessel. Just relog, done.

Yes, I don't like it when I am looking for a king, with a small group. But if it's not big but doable with a small group (or even solo) like the current kings, it just wouldn't make sense in my opinion - too exploitable by too few people.

I would love to see an Ugru Juggernaut who uses Juggernaut abilities and drops the Juggernaut rune. Then the same treatment for all the rest of the majors. 

R6 and below = white disc, R7 = green disc. R8 = blue disc, R9 = purple disc. R10 = orange disc. No more of this upgrading disciplines stuff. Leave the white discs on vendors but don't allow upgrading. You have to farm anything above white. 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Website

Earlier I suggested just ditching the timers and replacing them with a map visible progress bar on the camp that fills as mobs are killed. Fill the bar, spawn the boss. Bar never empties.

This would IMO encourage even more PvP as it prioritizes using the spawn as a resource to be 'worked" for long periods of being in the world with full pockets rather than a timed spawn to be visited and then immediately returned to the bank. In addition, this approach create multiple strategic angles for interacting with both the camps and the people farming them wheras the timer approach crates a call and response mechanism where the server dictates the players behaviors rather than the players driving the system.

In a timer system the server says "come over here" and you go there or lose out. Its a binary system. Obey the timer or lose. With the progress bar system the server says "here's the situation" and you make a judgement call which camp you want to do based upon your intel about potential enemies actions and the persistant world state. This is a gradient which encourages players to make decisions and theorize about the decisions of their enemies.

Every time you use a timer you're sabotaging player agency by putting their gameplay on your schedule in stead of theirs. Sometimes you want to do that, for example the siege timers reduce player agency to prevent players from using that agency to gravitate to a strategy of flipping empty keeps and forts. Most of the time, however, you don't need to protect players from themselves in such a drastic fashion and finding ways to put those mechanisms in their hands is the more engaging design.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Personally I think a random boss spawns in a random  spot on the map. Then boss and personal guard's start marching to random points.

Also consider triggers. Clear entire camp before first respwan and camp hero steps out.

WyvernConcept Winter

I think this kind of mob can work like u want @yianni , i assume it's like a world boss but it can promote pvp if we know when the monster pops on  this or that map .

5 hours ago, Azerlin said:

Personally I think a random boss spawns in a random  spot on the map. Then boss and personal guard's start marching to random points.

Also consider triggers. Clear entire camp before first respwan and camp hero steps out.

Random does not generate nearly as much PVP as known time/place type spawns. 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Website

4 hours ago, royo said:

WyvernConcept Winter

I think this kind of mob can work like u want @yianni , i assume it's like a world boss but it can promote pvp if we know when the monster pops on  this or that map .

It doesn't matter what the mob looks like, it should have something valuable and promote fights . 

3 hours ago, blazzen said:

Random does not generate nearly as much PVP as known time/place type spawns. 

I don't think you fully understand what I'm meant there. Known time and place gets old fast IMO, and it's to easy to just sit and wait. I think it would be more dynamic if they're was wondering bosses with mob's. Now the spawn locations being random as well as the path finding leading to out post to out post, as an example, or other locations on the map. 

I think this would promote flights and at a more random occurrence. It would also make gathers go out with body guards more often. You never know when a roaming gang might come along, PvP or PvE, and for those looking for the fight will end up running into other gangs and having random PvP fight rather then knowing the lay of the land for the one spawn point.