Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
time007

When will the wipes end?

hey i haven't played in ages.  is there a date set yet for when there won't be any more character/data/progression wipes?  In my old age, i can't seem to keep up with early access, pre alpha, betas, closed this, open that, headstart etc.  I just like to start playing when the wipes end 

Edited by time007

officials might answer with...

soon™ ;)

but yes, most likely you will have to wait for the expected 2 coming wipes. pretty sure you will notice when the last one will happen.

We have no idea. Doubt ACE does and even if they give a date, if it isn't an official public launch date, I wouldn't trust it due to their past promises. Wait for an email, news here, or news on another site.

There was talk of a "soft launch" after the final wipe when the game would become final but then a marketing push would follow with a more formal launch. Not sure if this is still the plan since they seem to be working behind a marketing curtain already.

We know there is a wipe for the release of 5.110, and we know there's a wipe planned for soft launch. Unless there's a development reason for more (significant alteration of the database, or revision to items & skills that require specific testing), that should be it.

9 minutes ago, Jah said:

They sometime wipe only items, or items and vessels. Other times they wipe everything, including skills. The planned wipes for patch 5.110 and launch will wipe everything.

Is the patch 5.110 release date announced yet?

On 1/25/2020 at 2:20 PM, APE said:

They said by the end of Feb. Wouldn't hold your breath though.

Ok, cool, i better try to stay plugged in.  I was really playing the game more frequently over the last 2018-2019, but I fell off probably for the last 9 months almost and forgot everything haha.  But ill try to keep checking the news in February maybe.  

2 hours ago, time007 said:

Ok, cool, i better try to stay plugged in.  I was really playing the game more frequently over the last 2018-2019, but I fell off probably for the last 9 months almost and forgot everything haha.  But ill try to keep checking the news in February maybe.  

Seems like ACE is going to make it well known when it happens. Expect emails, news on gaming sites, and of course news updates here. 32 days before Feb is over. Clock is ticking for them or will be yet another unnecessary provided deadline missed.