Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Soulstitch

Why don't players always log in to temple in Campaign?

1 hour ago, Soulstitch said:

How is logging an alt out at every thing you own, a real proper strategy? 

cause it works

hoayaga2.jpg

2 hours ago, Soulstitch said:

How is logging an alt out at every thing you own, a real proper strategy? Have none of the developers every played GW2 WvW? 

It is a cheesy strategy but it's far better than having to run back from the temple every time you play. Also at a certain point you have to be commended on your preparation to have combat ready groups logged out in specific locations.

I'm going to assume (hope) it's just because they didnt get around to implementing a character timeout / location reset yet. Every other RvR I played if you log out in the open world,  after a couple minutes your character times out and gets teleported back to the home temple of your faction. Having an army of alts you can logon to at every keep you own is just silly. Alts have enough advantages as it is with crafting, passive training and exports. 

Edited by Rikutatis

I don't love that logging alts has become a strategy, but I don't want my crafter booted from a keep arbitrarily either and I can't think of a rule to suggest that isn't just convoluted and dumb.  Higher player count probably would help alleviate the issue to a degree, but we'll have to see just what kind of load each campaign can ultimately take.