Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yianni

Minor and major disciplines from talent tree need to go

I've never had a character build that didn't take two major disciplines, and now with the changes to passives I don't think there's going to be anyone that does not take all three passive talents and the two majors . 

I think those should be replaced with something else and we get free major and minor disciplines at certain levels 

Edited by yianni

As a brand new player this week, I agree with this. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me that I have to go into multiple areas of the Talent Trees to get my Minor Discipline slots that are really important to my Class having. I really, really like that this game has you "specialize" in Classes, so I would agree that you should unlock the Discipline slots or place them in parts of the Talent Track where you must select them moving into the next tier, similar to where the Major Disciplines are.

Edited by Nomadikus

This makes sense. Using the system we have on live ATM, even if you just granted 8 rune slots (2x major 3x minor 2x exploration) for free and gave us 8 less talent points to spend in the tree it would be better.

aeei5jG.png

The one thing that I do not like is exploration disc are forced, those should be an option, that's 2 points I could spend on something that will make a different's in combat, but again I also think Gathers and Crafters should have they're own specialized classes just like combatants do.

3 hours ago, Azerlin said:

The one thing that I do not like is exploration disc are forced, those should be an option, that's 2 points I could spend on something that will make a different's in combat, but again I also think Gathers and Crafters should have they're own specialized classes just like combatants do.

I agree, I actually mentioned that before but they never changed it. I don't plan on using a combat vessel for gathering . I would rather have a major discipline forced on me 

We'll see what they settle on in the end. I believe that its just a matter of fine tuning. Combat is the main focus, as it should be for the core of the game depends on it, but still would be nice to see, soon-ish. ;) 

Honestly I think disc slots should be more expensive, rather than free, but that judgement is based on the current rather than the revamped state of the tree.

It has always bothered me that disc slots are basically just a gimme rather than a legitimate sacrifice of meaningful class features because this also means that disc abilities have to be a bit weak and terrible by comparison.

I'd much prefer that discs be significantly stronger than they are now (no more "this has one good ability" majors) but require significant sacrifice of the base class kit.

things as they are there are a few pretty obvious majors for every class, a few obvious passive minors for every class (seriously, every single character after the revamp is equipping sturdy because duh) and the potential of the discipline system is largely wasted.

Compare that with disc abilities in shadowbane, where the restriction of skill trains paved the way for many templates that were more defined by discs than class choice based solely on the potential for loading trains in to powerful disc skills at the expense of losing those trains in class skills.

When discs are simply tacked on for basically free, there are going to be obvious losers that just aren't going to see play even with the changes to passives. They should really be competing with your base kit more than they do.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

I thought original when they put the talent system they were gonna make major discapline slot branch out further depending on what disapline was in that spot or something like that, i could be imagining it though

Veeshan Midst of UXA