Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
furriousbeardshow

Ideas a Brewing

Thoughts I have had on the game that maybe good? Maybe not? Would like to hear back on others thoughts.

- God's Reach starter areas should not allow vessels that have reached the level cap, or maybe even to 20, to come back into the zone after having left previously.

- Passive Skill tree catch up mechanic that is like rested exp where say someone has come late to the Crowfall party and are now behind could catch up if they were willing to grind out in said area of a skill tree.

- Think assassins should get at least 2 uses from their stealth seeing as confessors get 2 uses out of there ults and the assassin is just as squishy if not more.

- Myrms and Elken should be able to use horseshoes seeing as they are hooved.

Edited by furriousbeardshow
Forgot

2 hours ago, furriousbeardshow said:

Thoughts I have had on the game that maybe good? Maybe not? Would like to hear back on others thoughts.

- God's Reach starter areas should not allow vessels that have reached the level cap, or maybe even to 20, to come back into the zone after having left previously.

- Passive Skill tree catch up mechanic that is like rested exp where say someone has come late to the Crowfall party and are now behind could catch up if they were willing to grind out in said area of a skill tree.

- Think assassins should get at least 2 uses from their stealth seeing as confessors get 2 uses out of there ults and the assassin is just as squishy if not more.

Agree to a point with the first one, but maybe not as harsh. White vessel's only maybe? Mind you, GR is meant as a hub for all to meet and do personal trades. 

Disagree. Maybe I'm being harsh, but I personally think that passives are a reward system for those who got in early, from launch. They've put they're time in and are such rewarded with being bad @$$ in they're chosen path(s).

Have not played the assassin yet, so I don't know, but this sounds reasonable.

Minotaur's and Elken have hooves, so it only makes sense that they should be able to ware horseshoes. 

Edited by Azerlin

9 minutes ago, Azerlin said:

GR is meant as a hub for all to meet and do personal trades. 

I'm not so sure it is meant to be that. It is that, because its the best place for that right now. I'm not sure it should be kept as the best place for it.

IhhQKY6.gif

1 hour ago, Azerlin said:

Agree to a point with the first one, but maybe not as harsh. White vessel's only maybe? Mind you, GR is meant as a hub for all to meet and do personal trades. 

Disagree. Maybe I'm being harsh, but I personally think that passives are a reward system for those who got in early, from launch. They've put they're time in and are such rewarded with being bad @$$ in they're chosen path(s).

Have not played the assassin yet, so I don't know, but this sounds reasonable.

Minotaur's and Elken have hooves, so it only makes sense that they should be able to ware horseshoes. 

GR is not mean't for meet and greets or personal traes. The meetings and trades are eventually going to be on EK's where there will be player vendors etc. Eventually they will be taking away the player vendors in GR. 

While I agree it would make someone feel like a bad ass. I think it would be even harsher to have to make a person on top of active training a vessel, having passive training going on, and then having to do even more work to catch up to present passive timers is harsh. Now mind you this process is to catch up to the live timers on passives, once close to or at the same pace as the timers you no longer get the catch up mechanic. Just seems better than scrolls.

22 minutes ago, furriousbeardshow said:

While I agree it would make someone feel like a bad ass. I think it would be even harsher to have to make a person on top of active training a vessel, having passive training going on, and then having to do even more work to catch up to present passive timers is harsh. Now mind you this process is to catch up to the live timers on passives, once close to or at the same pace as the timers you no longer get the catch up mechanic. Just seems better than scrolls.

While I 100% understand where your coming from, I personally don't see the need to rush end game content onto new players because they got into the game years after lunch, (Until then we are all paper dolls anyhow ). I know most other company's allow this "Speed up" but at a cost, and that in a heavy PvP game would cause a huge up roar  for a "pay to win" looking scenario. You know someone will end up seeing it that way. As a fledgling crow you will need guild support until you catch up an learn the all the different systems and lairs to the game while your passives tick away in the back ground. The trick here is the over all timing between the two, finding the balance of the player learning and the crow becoming wiser and more talented. Now this combined with joining with others makes the over all concept far more immersive and the feeling of true accomplishment in ones own ability's, and that of helping your guild as a whole is far more satisfying.

Now vessels are a whole other deal. They're deposable, nothing more then the items you wage war with, you'll get a better one made. So the part of active progression with a vessel I feel will be an on going loop for a very long time.  As of right now that's 6x through as that is how many slots there is currently available to most. Now getting those all to a Legendary Lv 30 with the "best" additives and built by the best crafters and Necromancer's would take a very long time. I'm sure once lunched getting more vessel slots may be as simple as buying one from the store, mayhap from some reward in game, who knows.

So again its a personal thing, but rushing power onto a player ends poorly, they get bored quickly and move on for there is no challenge left in the game. I speak from personal experience on that as well, the Game Genie from back in the day wreck a lot of games for me, but then I learned how to make them harder, it was the challenge I was after, and that for one is why I bought into Crowfall, for the challenge! 

11 minutes ago, Azerlin said:

While I 100% understand where your coming from, I personally don't see the need to rush end game content onto new players because they got into the game years after lunch, (Until then we are all paper dolls anyhow ). I know most other company's allow this "Speed up" but at a cost, and that in a heavy PvP game would cause a huge up roar  for a "pay to win" looking scenario. You know someone will end up seeing it that way. As a fledgling crow you will need guild support until you catch up an learn the all the different systems and lairs to the game while your passives tick away in the back ground. The trick here is the over all timing between the two, finding the balance of the player learning and the crow becoming wiser and more talented. Now this combined with joining with others makes the over all concept far more immersive and the feeling of true accomplishment in ones own ability's, and that of helping your guild as a whole is far more satisfying.

Now vessels are a whole other deal. They're deposable, nothing more then the items you wage war with, you'll get a better one made. So the part of active progression with a vessel I feel will be an on going loop for a very long time.  As of right now that's 6x through as that is how many slots there is currently available to most. Now getting those all to a Legendary Lv 30 with the "best" additives and built by the best crafters and Necromancer's would take a very long time. I'm sure once lunched getting more vessel slots may be as simple as buying one from the store, mayhap from some reward in game, who knows.

So again its a personal thing, but rushing power onto a player ends poorly, they get bored quickly and move on for there is no challenge left in the game. I speak from personal experience on that as well, the Game Genie from back in the day wreck a lot of games for me, but then I learned how to make them harder, it was the challenge I was after, and that for one is why I bought into Crowfall, for the challenge! 

So I don't think you understand what I am saying. There is no pay to win in this scenario since the players are not paying for anything at all. If it would help to make a comparison the system I was trying to explain would be similar to that of a WoW character with rested exp. Once that player hits that threshold there is no more gain. I'm not trying to say that the new person that grinds out physical pieces of gear while also passively training should or could get ahead of the "badass" that started from the very beginning, but that there would be a chance for them to catch up passively with the person who was around longer. Now reminder there would be no catching up once they got to a certain point in the tree and perhaps if there was a catch up like this it would still take a very long time and a looooooot of grind. So with that and the amount of grinding a new Crow would have to do would inadvertently make them a better crafter, for instance ,as they went along.

2 minutes ago, furriousbeardshow said:

There is no pay to win in this scenario since the players are not paying for anything at all. 

I knew you didn't mean this, just mentioning that type of speed up would be a disaster.

I think I get more what you mean though. Like the older Elder Scroll games, the more you use a particular skill tree/branch this would add a higher rate to THAT passive tree or there in part of, ie Ore specialization  would get a boost while you collect iron ore, but would stop if you flipped to gathering Marble and not changing the passive tree.

If this was your thought, then I could get on bored with that, 100% make sense. 

1 minute ago, Azerlin said:

I knew you didn't mean this, just mentioning that type of speed up would be a disaster.

I think I get more what you mean though. Like the older Elder Scroll games, the more you use a particular skill tree/branch this would add a higher rate to THAT passive tree or there in part of, ie Ore specialization  would get a boost while you collect iron ore, but would stop if you flipped to gathering Marble and not changing the passive tree.

If this was your thought, then I could get on bored with that, 100% make sense. 

Nope not what I mean. Doesn't matter what tree it is the "rested" time would be for whatever tree. So an example I will try and make is, say there is 100 minutes total time since launch of game.
- Player #1 has been in game since launch with 100 minutes clocked in a passive tree and therefore has 0 rested EXP and the game goes on as it does now.
- Player #2 is newer with only 50 minutes into a passive tree which means they would have some amount (devs would come up with the grind points or how they are obtained) of points that the player would have to catch up to the rest of the player base with, BUT at a high cost of grinding said tree.

Hopefully this makes more sense of what I was saying.

21 hours ago, furriousbeardshow said:

God's reach needs to stay open as it's a place for in-between campaigns right now and it's how we farm before being able to join campaign. The only real complaint is r8 farming resources in an eternal spring, no pvp area.

Passives have been discussed in many other threads and there's been ideas for catch up but nothing's been implemented yet. I guess I don't understand what you mean though, as passives aren't something you "grind" for,  it's just on a server timer so you don't have to be constantly on. 

Double ult for assassin would be nice but it's not the same as it is on confessor. Fessor is a temporary stealth that stays in combat while assassin actually puts you in the stealth tray, where you can't use the ult again until you're back in combat. If all ults had double charge though, that'd be nice.

Bulls/minos and deer/elken have cloven hooves that aren't made for horseshoes... so maybe don't put shoes on them? It would be nice if each race had their own personal item slot added though.

1 hour ago, Heartsteel said:

God's reach needs to stay open as it's a place for in-between campaigns right now and it's how we farm before being able to join campaign. The only real complaint is r8 farming resources in an eternal spring, no pvp area.

Passives have been discussed in many other threads and there's been ideas for catch up but nothing's been implemented yet. I guess I don't understand what you mean though, as passives aren't something you "grind" for,  it's just on a server timer so you don't have to be constantly on. 

Double ult for assassin would be nice but it's not the same as it is on confessor. Fessor is a temporary stealth that stays in combat while assassin actually puts you in the stealth tray, where you can't use the ult again until you're back in combat. If all ults had double charge though, that'd be nice.

Bulls/minos and deer/elken have cloven hooves that aren't made for horseshoes... so maybe don't put shoes on them? It would be nice if each race had their own personal item slot added though.

The idea for god's reach was more for after next patch since this patch that we have been on is several months old and we knew there was not gonna be anything else done to it til the next patch is ready. ACE's intention as to my understanding is eventually the in between time for campaigns is suppose to be on the EK's rather than God's Reach. This idea could have changed though since I last heard.

My initial write up on the passive catch up was not well written as people had not understood and that's my bad. In terms of the active grind you're right there isn't suppose to be one since its passive, but I thought there could be maybe some way one could actively help catch up.

When it comes to the hoofed monster vessels in game in general they have hooves therefore they all could have the shoes. For god's sakes someone keeps stealing the nethari (left or right) glove so they run around like michael jackson. Last part was for fun.

1 hour ago, furriousbeardshow said:

The idea for god's reach was more for after next patch since this patch that we have been on is several months old and we knew there was not gonna be anything else done to it til the next patch is ready. ACE's intention as to my understanding is eventually the in between time for campaigns is suppose to be on the EK's rather than God's Reach. This idea could have changed though since I last heard.

This was the last I heard as well, and hoping that doesn't change.  Once EKs are functional enough to become economic centers then I see no reason that any leveled vessel would really need to access to GR.  That said, the decoupling of resource and mob levels from a campaign will likely nerf any benefit for higher level vessels in GR so that may well be a self-solving issue.

I'm not 100% opposed to some catch-up mechanic for those dramatically late to the game, but the curves on that mechanic should still be pretty flat IMO if that mechanic is to be something other than the skill tomes they discussed.  At least with skill tomes it is a zero-sum game where one account's training comes at the expense of another; there is no sudden generation of skill points that weren't already potentially in play.  Alt accounts could muddy this a bit of course, but there is a price for each alt account and the time required to fill a skill tome is so long that I doubt that will be much of an issue.

Active skill gain or adjusted skill accrual rates could be used, but they would need to be sure that there are checks in place once an account reaches the global skill point maximum (or more likely a % of that maximum) for a given point in time (a value that will need to be tracked starting the moment the final wipe is completed and CF goes live), then the increased accrual rate/active skill gain must terminate so that those catching up don't end up flying past established players in total skill points as a result of the catch up mechanics.

Edited by starrshipcs

2 hours ago, Heartsteel said:

It would be nice if each race had their own personal item slot added though.

humans- capes

woodelf- flowers

half elf- flower cape

hoayaga2.jpg

21 hours ago, Hyriol said:

JTodd recently confirmed on Twitter that there would be an active catch-up mechanic.  He didn't offer any details, but it sounds separate from the previously announced plans of trade-able skill tomes.

I suspect “active catch-up mechanic” is the trade-able skill tomes previously reported.

2 minutes ago, Gradishar said:

I suspect “active catch-up mechanic” is the trade-able skill tomes previously reported.

He mentioned the possibility of using gold as an active catch up mechanic in a stream not too long ago. 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Website

7 minutes ago, blazzen said:

He mentioned the possibility of using gold as an active catch up mechanic in a stream not too long ago. 

Interesting...and here I thought I’d seen all of his streams. Care to link that?

Edited by Gradishar

On 1/28/2020 at 9:07 AM, Staff said:

humans- capes

woodelf- flowers

half elf- flower cape

custard yeah everyone rock dem flower capes!!!

Veeshan Midst of UXA