Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Adalid

state Knight Secutor. Your role on the table.

En primer lugar lugar me disculpo por mi inglés.

Bueno, jugó esta clase en su versión secutor. Tengo ciertas dudas sobre él.

Para empezar, solo puedo decir que si su papel es un tanque, ¿por qué aguanta tan poco después de subir todos los puntos en la constitución? Exactamente y refiriéndose a otras clases, sus escudos son pobres.

¿Qué hace esta clase de mar especial? Es difícil sentirse útil cuando encuentra otras clases de resistencia a cualquier enemigo, ya sea con escudos o aguantando y haciendo mucho daño. Es cierto que soy nuevo y no tengo una gran idea de esta clase y de este juego en general. Pero estoy seguro de que es una clase muy interesante que necesita urgentemente revisión.

Esos son mis pocos pensamientos por ahora, él probó algunas alternativas con el equipo, las runas, etc.

Finalmente, hago un llamamiento a todos los caballeros secutor para que hablen sobre su experiencia y compartan sus conocimientos con los más nuevos, todos lo apreciarán.

Espero leer sus respuestas y opiniones y gracias por su tiempo.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all I apologize for my english, not my mother tongue. Moving on.

I played this class with Secutor spec and I have some questios about it so please, I would really appreciate your help.
First of all, I wonder if it's primary function is "Tank", why does it feel like it cannot absorb a lot of damage (even maxing up constitution points). Comparing it to other classes, the shields are weaker, or at least feel like they are weaker.
Regarding it's damage, it feels poor as well. Maybe It's the build itself, but I feel other classes can "take" more than Secutor, talking about sustain and "damage" outputs. Again, I'm a new player so maybe everything has to do with the builds I'm testing. Still this class appeals to me so, that's why I'm concerned.

These are few of my "first" impressions. I tryied as well different equipment + runes combo. If there's any of you who happens to play a Secutor, or have some insight of the class itself, tips, anything. I would like to hear your opinion on the matter. It really helps.

Thanks for reading this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to add something. I noticed the "aggro" issue, regarding when I'm in a group and often lose the focus of the mobs. Its a minor concern since it's a "mainly pvp" game but, yea...

Edited by Adalid

Knights are very gear-dependent.  Without top end gear, they feel weak.  With top end gear, they do crap damage still, but can take more of a beating.   With a good healer you're very sturdy, but knights have no self-sustain so we don't last long without a healer.  In PvP, secutors tend to get ignored because they aren't really a threat and take a long time to kill.  If you want to feel tanky, play a templar paladin or a pitfighter champion, or even a Battle Rager Myrmidon.

The way crowfall handles threat is simplistic.  The most damage gets the mob's attention.  So a knight can't hold aggro because knight damage is crap compared to pretty much any other class.  There's no threat multiplier or anything for "tank" classes or powers.

Because of their lack of self-healing, Knights make for a poor solo/small group pvp character. In larger group fights, with a healer, they're proficient in the "frontline" role. Frontline characters exist to stand in front of allied healers and ranged dps, providing an immediate target for the enemy. They provide an immediate threat to any enemies who would dare cross no-man's-land to overextend in pursuit of a kill. The problem with this is that it's largely a mental game. Groups who are well supported and know what they're about will just blast past the tanks and hit a healer or ranged dps. When they do this, there's really nothing the "tanks" can do about it, as there really isn't any reason to attack them. The other thing a "tank" can do is dive into the enemy back line after a squishy target. They won't do a whole lot of damage, but it's usually enough to make a caster or archer call for help. There's also a perception that because the "tank" has overextended, that it's vulnerable. More times than not, the tank will escape that situation easily and the enemy will have wasted their time and attention on him. 

If you wan't to play a tank, your best bet is to dive into the enemy back line and try to set up kills for your ranged dps. The enemy won't be able to kill you without focus fire and you'll likely get back to your group before all of them can target you. The other place tanks will shine is in small, confined spaces like a building. The enemy can't run or they lost the siege objective and you have plenty of ways to mitigate the incoming AoE damage that will shred the leather and mail wearing characters in the room. There's still the problem of low damage, so a "tank group" will find it difficult to drop enemy targets in that situation. 

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

A few tips to make you feel tankier:

Try use the minor disciplines sturdy and overwhelming odds.

And the Secutor has a nice talent that improves your noble blood power (your shout), if you use your shout combo, you will be able to hold block without it costing stamina, and holding block without losing stamina will make you quite tanky, if the enemy can't punish it.

pJ5xyok.png
My Twitch - My Youtube - Apply to Vanguard HERE!

2 hours ago, Yumx said:

And the Secutor has a nice talent that improves your noble blood power (your shout), if you use your shout combo, you will be able to hold block without it costing stamina, and holding block without losing stamina will make you quite tanky, if the enemy can't punish it.

You still lose stamina, but more slowly, and big hits do not take larger chunks of stamina. It definitely helps to be able to block longer.

6 minutes ago, Arkade said:

You still lose stamina, but more slowly, and big hits do not take larger chunks of stamina. It definitely helps to be able to block longer.

No you do not lose stamina holding block after you shout as a secutor.
Just remember to finish the combo.

Edited by Yumx

pJ5xyok.png
My Twitch - My Youtube - Apply to Vanguard HERE!

44 minutes ago, Yumx said:

No you do not lose stamina holding block after you shout as a secutor.
Just remember to finish the combo.

I just tested it and your are correct that it doesn't use stamina, but it is clearly broken. The tooltip for the talent specifically says it reduces the cost by 75% and lose no additional stamina when blocking big hits for 12 seconds. It is currently using no stamina and I can maintain it without a stamina cost beyond the 12 seconds. Once I stop blocking, it will work correctly again.

Edited by Arkade

I would like to see a taunt function on some rolls where it debuff somone and there dmg output is reduced by 75% on everyone but the target that taunted them (Give the taunter and outline aswell so they can be seen easier by the person who was taunted). give it a leash range of 30m aswell (Debuff breaks early if to far away from each other just so people dont try and taunt and run away kinda situation.

Aoe taunt that act like above would be good for secutor tbh, pop it in a large group and hold block to reduce all dmg.

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA