Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

ArtCraft Entertainment Closes Series-A Funding Round

ArtCraft Entertainment is pleased to announce an $11.7 million raise from investors marking the final financial step in completing and launching the company’s highly-anticipated video game, Crowfall. 

VIEW PRESS RELEASE

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

The Beta version of the game, currently being tested internally, includes significant features including the much-anticipated Guild-vs-Guild ruleset allowing guilds to compete directly for control of campaign worlds in the Crowfall universe. This experience is supported by several unique gameplay tentpoles; Divine Favor, a strategy game that allows players to appeal to Crowfall’s diverse pantheon of Gods, and customized City Building to give guilds the chance to build unique castles and fortifications to hold. Together, these features deliver an innovative experience where players control the fate of the universe.

woooooooooooooooooot look at what that says.... Holy crap tomorrow *IS* Thursday.....and Thursday has a noon..... could it be....could it be :P 

1 minute ago, Dieec23 said:

woooooooooooooooooot look at what that says.... Holy crap tomorrow *IS* Thursday.....and Thursday has a noon..... could it be....could it be :P 

slow down... they are testing internally the whole time ^^ but yes, we are getting closer ...

HEHE i know was trying to be funny hence the thursday meme... and this announcement was basically made last ACE as well! But it is exciting to see the needle moving and the info flowing!

Surelia is correct. We always test internally. Please don't read more into this. Your disappointment causes me pain. 

6 minutes ago, Pann said:

Surelia is correct. We always test internally. Please don't read more into this. Your disappointment causes me pain. 

NO no pain @Pann you are to good to us really not disappointed but would like to know what happens after tonight's campaign ends.....i did think the thursday meme was obvious :)

We are announcing the next campaign today. Just putting the finishing touches on the web page. 

@Pann @yianni Thursday meme is something that was said during ACE about not wanting to give a date for Beta and the next thursday at noon times was thrown out as something that was not wanting to be said... it is a MEME

50 minutes ago, Pann said:

ArtCraft Entertainment is pleased to announce an $11.7 million raise from investors marking the final financial step in completing and launching the company’s highly-anticipated video game, Crowfall. 

VIEW PRESS RELEASE

I've never been more disappointed in a game than I am of CF.  I read every dev posts, watch every q/a and I don't think the Shadowbane crowd was the right target for this game, which is sad bc so much of it is Shadowbane repeated.  Doing some quick math it's like .06% of the backers test with any regularity, that seems like a problem to me.  I've never seen a video game make a social media post (facebook) and the comments be single digit (sometimes none).  You guys need to breath some life into the mostly dead community or the all the work you've done (and you've put in work) isn't going to matter.  I know I'm not the only fanboy who says this but when I mention CF to friends they collectively roll their eyes and call it DOA.  Even the friends I've gotten to KS or buy accounts regret their decision.  

Just frustrated and disappointed with something I've put a lot of time, money and passion into.  I know attacks on the devs have gotten people banned or posts deleted in the past.  I know this isn't the right thread for this.  I felt like it needed to be said.  

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

1 minute ago, mandalore said:

I've never been more disappointed in a game than I am of CF.  I read every dev posts, watch every q/a and I don't think the Shadowbane crowd was the right target for this game, which is sad bc so much of it is Shadowbane repeated.  Doing some quick math it's like .06% of the backers test with any regularity, that seems like a problem to me.  I've never seen a video game make a social media post (facebook) and the comments be single digit (sometimes none).  You guys need to breath some life into the mostly dead community or the all the work you've done (and you've put in work) isn't going to matter.  I know I'm not the only fanboy who says this but when I mention CF to friends they collectively roll their eyes and call it DOA.  Even the friends I've gotten to KS or buy accounts regret their decision.  

Just frustrated and disappointed with something I've put a lot of time, money and passion into.  I know attacks on the devs have gotten people banned or posts deleted in the past.  I know this isn't the right thread for this.  I felt like it needed to be said.  

Hey there, you might trigger some players in the comunity with calling ACE out on anything, be careful.

@mandalore

What I might say may be chalked up as a fan boy talking and that is fine but - 

I have been a programmer and developer in my life for a long time, I have been a gamer longer. Creation of a system is not easy and when you look at a MMO like this it is the combination of multiple systems. Games now cannot be released like Wow and MANY others where a decade+ ago, as incomplete shells to be filled in later; releasing a game officially means life or death. If Crowfall or any other game were to "release" in this current gamer setting not ready the game would be dead despite the potential. Artcraft is doing all they can to make a complete ready to box game and yes there are issues and there have been delays but trust that they have only 1 intention making a game that they can enjoy both on the creative and business side. Part of the fall off of population can be contributed to yes the delays and issues that came from the development process, the others came from gamer's ADD and still more from natural attrition; but also until recently there has been not much more than a grass roots/word of mouth approach to marketing and that was on purpose. 

If your friends roll their eyes that's fine many people rolled their eyes at classic Wow, Tarkov, Star Valley and many many other games that have made huge impacts and still enjoy great success. And many many more people salivated at games like Apex that are dying despite the hype. Point being let the game speak for itself, let the haters sit on the sidelines as you play a game you enjoy. If you don't enjoy the game thats ok too. Don't log in! Again It may be a fan boy in me but i have played and will play MANY MMOs pvp based and pve based and Crowfall is the first one that has caught my attention in some time; so I have faith. This will be a good game and if i only ever see 200 people on it ever I'm ok with that because "I" am having fun. Artcraft may not like it but they are making a good game. 

So all that being said a new campaign is coming... and I will be on most nights late you are more than welcome to come out in game with me as we take forts and fight. If you have all the passion that requires you to make a post like this please bring it to the field with us and make new friends.

Dieec

53 minutes ago, mandalore said:

March 2015 was the Kickstarter, we will be at 5 years mark soon and the next bunch of gameplay will be in next month.

I don't get what people are expecting as good timeline for a game to being developped, i'm on the side of people who get a pause in the game until the next patch because i don't want to be bored of the gameplay until we have the full game (and even i've already passed 2 years more in the game) 

Wait until the beta for those who don't want to support the game and get the view into it for free and the community will bump and we will see more promotion for the game, until that it's kinda pointless to market the game.

WnxjrJ9.gif

Thelanas Kar'Pal Membre fondateur de l'alliance Naerth en 2001 - Ex Shadowbane European Advisor Damnation/Carnage/Vindication/Corruption http://www.twitch.tv/gorwald/profile