Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

ArtCraft Entertainment Closes Series-A Funding Round

24 minutes ago, Gorwald said:

March 2015 was the Kickstarter, we will be at 5 years mark soon and the next bunch of gameplay will be in next month.

I don't get what people are expecting as good timeline for a game to being developped, i'm on the side of people who get a pause in the game until the next patch because i don't want to be bored of the gameplay until we have the full game (and even i've already passed 2 years more in the game) 

Wait until the beta for those who don't want to support the game and get the view into it for free and the community will bump and we will see more promotion for the game, until that it's kinda pointless to market the game.

I don't expect the game to be done at an unreasonable pace (6 years is reasonable).  I do expect regular and meaningful interaction with the community.  I do expect Q/A's to have more content than fluff.  I do expect a timeline with an * because things happen and schedules/production changes come first.  I don't expect fully working content the first iteration.  I've been here since the beginning (I'm talking count down ticker on play2crush).  I've given them a lot of money (a few accounts, a mountain citadel, like 9 years of VIP if that's a thing still).  There are decisions that have been made that I don't support and I am still here (I'm not a game tourist).  This style of dev'ing where you treat us like mushrooms (keeping us in the dark and feeding us poorly made socks) is dated and honestly disappointing.  I will defend the devs when they need to be defended and I feel like I can criticize them when they need it.  

Edited by mandalore

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

37 minutes ago, mandalore said:

I don't expect the game to be done at an unreasonable pace (6 years is reasonable).  I do expect regular and meaningful interaction with the community.  I do expect Q/A's to have more content than fluff.  I do expect a timeline with an * because things happen and schedules/production changes come first.  I don't expect fully working content the first iteration.  I've been here since the beginning (I'm talking count down ticker on play2crush).  I've given them a lot of money (a few accounts, a mountain citadel, like 9 years of VIP if that's a thing still).  There are decisions that have been made that I don't support and I am still here (I'm not a game tourist).  This style of dev'ing where you treat us like mushrooms (keeping us in the dark and feeding us poorly made socks) is dated and honestly disappointing.  I will defend the devs when they need to be defended and I feel like I can criticize them when they need it.  

There's nothing wrong with criticism, i was just stating that the game was only 5 years old (soon) in the making and they were very active on the first years of the development, but it's offcourse part of the dev that at some point, you won't have that much to say when the game is nearly done (wich is +/- the case in February).

Offcourse too it's frustrating to not have informations about the next patch, specially when they get from very active on forums to nearly silent in 8 months (but they told us it would be that way too) but we can only hope it's for the better.

And when i was refering to the free version of the game, i was not talking for you, but for quite some people i know on game forums talking about Crowfall who are waiting for the beta to get a free view on the game because they don't want to spend money on a game being builded.

+ the news of the funding is a good news for the game too and for the after, offcourse there is always room to do better, communicate better and such, but you can see that they are more focused now and more "framed" in their work (look at how Todd need approbation before saying anything on Q/A now)

It's part of the evolution of the company too. Let's see the next devdiaries this week and hope for some juicy thing (but i bet the more juicy things will come near the end)

Edited by Gorwald

WnxjrJ9.gif

Thelanas Kar'Pal Membre fondateur de l'alliance Naerth en 2001 - Ex Shadowbane European Advisor Damnation/Carnage/Vindication/Corruption http://www.twitch.tv/gorwald/profile

2 hours ago, mandalore said:

I've never been more disappointed in a game than I am of CF.  I read every dev posts, watch every q/a and I don't think the Shadowbane crowd was the right target for this game, which is sad bc so much of it is Shadowbane repeated.  Doing some quick math it's like .06% of the backers test with any regularity, that seems like a problem to me.  I've never seen a video game make a social media post (facebook) and the comments be single digit (sometimes none).  You guys need to breath some life into the mostly dead community or the all the work you've done (and you've put in work) isn't going to matter.  I know I'm not the only fanboy who says this but when I mention CF to friends they collectively roll their eyes and call it DOA.  Even the friends I've gotten to KS or buy accounts regret their decision.  

Just frustrated and disappointed with something I've put a lot of time, money and passion into.  I know attacks on the devs have gotten people banned or posts deleted in the past.  I know this isn't the right thread for this.  I felt like it needed to be said.  

I think they plan to do that with this next patch. Hence the keeping all information under wraps until they enact Order: 66. 

1 hour ago, Gorwald said:

There's nothing wrong with criticism, i was just stating that the game was only 5 years old (soon) in the making and they were very active on the first years of the development, but it's offcourse part of the dev that at some point, you won't have that much to say when the game is nearly done (wich is +/- the case in February).

Offcourse too it's frustrating to not have informations about the next patch, specially when they get from very active on forums to nearly silent in 8 months (but they told us it would be that way too) but we can only hope it's for the better.

And when i was refering to the free version of the game, i was not talking for you, but for quite some people i know on game forums talking about Crowfall who are waiting for the beta to get a free view on the game because they don't want to spend money on a game being builded.

+ the news of the funding is a good news for the game too and for the after, offcourse there is always room to do better, communicate better and such, but you can see that they are more focused now and more "framed" in their work (look at how Todd need approbation before saying anything on Q/A now)

It's part of the evolution of the company too. Let's see the next devdiaries this week and hope for some juicy thing (but i bet the more juicy things will come near the end)

I guess my biggest complaint is the communication and community interaction.  It’s like an abusive relationship where they do something they shouldn’t, apologize, say they will fix it and do it again as soon as it’s out of our mind.  This gap was foretold in advance.  We also lose contact with them from Nov -Jan and then May - August and that just seems like a yearly occurrence.  They have 50k people who have them money.  Where the piss are even 5% of those people?  

Edited by mandalore

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

10 minutes ago, mandalore said:

I guess my biggest complaint is the communication and community interaction.  It’s like an abusive relationship where they do something they shouldn’t, apologize, say they will fix it and do it again as soon as it’s out of our mind.  This gap was foretold in advance.  We also lose contact with them from Nov -Jan and then May - August and that just seems like a yearly occurrence.  They have 50k people who have them money.  Where the piss are even 5% of those people?  

Waiting patiently (some more than others). 

2 hours ago, mandalore said:

I am usually one who would step in to caution against unfair or premature criticism, but there isn't a syllable of this that isn't true and fair.  I would just add that I don't really think the issue is with the devs, who are clearly busy implementing socks of all kinds (though hopefully not poorly made), but it is with the community management strategy or possible lack thereof that has left testers to stew in the dark.  A very solvable problem, especially now that they have the funds to support go-live staffing.

Dev Diaries are a promising start to getting back on the right track and I certainly hope the message was received that the last Q/A was unsatisfactory, but I'm sincerely hoping that the radio silence ends by and large with the release of 5.110 and that we can get back to the good ol' days of testing fresh builds and interacting more frequently/directly with staff to identify problems, answer questions, and keep the ball rolling towards launch.

14 minutes ago, mandalore said:

Where the piss are even 5% of those people?  

They aren't gluttons for pain and are wisely waiting for an email that says progress has been made :) 

Edited by starrshipcs

4 minutes ago, mandalore said:

As frequent lurker, there are probably tens of us ready for ACE to at least get to the polishing phase. Sadly the 5 or so other people I got to back the game after I did are pretty set on "ehh... probably not going to revisit" mode unless Crowfall does something spectacular and some of the "same old" problems are addressed.

The game is going to be awash with bright-eyed and confused new players when they release access to the non-backers (whatever they are rightly called), HOPEFULLY they time some of their more anticipated releases with beta and the newly-gained access they will be granting at that time to start the PR boulder rolling downhill. Honestly, out of all the planned and anticipated stuff we're promised, I only think Frostweaver will actually bring back a sizable chunk of players and even then that's not going to keep them here if it's all the same otherwise. I'm also convinced that Dregs isn't really going to cater to ANY "fresh" players either, but I've been wrong. 

I'm hoping for good things from Crowfall, but ACE needs to be downright tactical in the coming months/years or this thing is going to lose steam.

Hmm maybe just maybe they were tired of all the backer crying about everything they did/didn't do and trying to appease an unpleasable crowd and further delaying progress. Game progress greater then pleasing ppl imho  

5 minutes ago, spunk said:

Hmm maybe just maybe they were tired of all the backer crying about everything they did/didn't do and trying to appease an unpleasable crowd and further delaying progress. Game progress greater then pleasing ppl imho  

Sure why bother pleasing the loyal back who’s been here since day 1, given a ton of money and will back you till the day the game dies.  I don’t want them to change decisions, I want to know what the decisions are.  There is a dev partner board with access to people who have spent 1k.  It’s sole purpose is to discuss ideas in a small group and it’s been so badly neglected by the devs as to defeat its entire purpose. 

wiDfyPp.png

40 minutes ago, starrshipcs said:

They aren't gluttons for pain and are wisely waiting for an email that says progress has been made :) 

The vast majority of my guild literally can not be bothered to playtest another early access game and get wiped when they could be playing a game where their progress sticks around.

These people are excited for crowfall, but don't see any point in playtesting a thing until its in beta a month away from the final release wipe. Especially with how often entire systems are revamped or entirely upended, or how many basic QOL things are missing that just make the game more of an annoying chore than its already annoying chore of an economy is.

They're not interested in testing an unfinished product and their only interest in prerelease play is to get familiar enough with the game to have an efficient start on day 1 of release.

Imagine having all of the great games, movies, and TV that have come out in the last 5 years at your disposal and choosing to do nothing but play a half finished alpha of a progression focused genre that wipes out your entire account progression every six months to a year because it's in testing.

There's a reason people get paid to do that. It isn't actually much fun for the vast majority of people. Not everyone is as hardcore a masochist as our forum celebrities are.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

43 minutes ago, mandalore said:

Sure why bother pleasing the loyal back who’s been here since day 1, given a ton of money and will back you till the day the game dies.  I don’t want them to change decisions, I want to know what the decisions are.  There is a dev partner board with access to people who have spent 1k.  It’s sole purpose is to discuss ideas in a small group and it’s been so badly neglected by the devs as to defeat its entire purpose. 

Take a deep breath my friend. Sometimes the stew cooks better when you leave the lid on.

44 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:Especially with how often entire systems are revamped or entirely upended, or how many basic QOL things are missing that just make the game more of an annoying chore than its already annoying chore of an economy is.

That’s what gets me.  Everybody here says nah dude wait and see and I’m over here throwing side eye while I think of everything still missing.

wiDfyPp.png