Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anhrez

Are Crafting/Vendor EKs a non-thing now?

As i work my way back into the game I am happy at many of the changes and upcoming changes I am seeing .. but I am really troubled about EKs and their connection to the Econ Loop now.

From the Kickstarter, the concept of having a merchant kingdom was talked about by the CrowFall team in glowing terms. How spending the money on a larger package got you the ability to bring in other players, guildmates, etc into your Kingdom to setup tables, and vendors. As of right now Gods Reach defeats any value to an EK merchant effort. It was going to be a challenge anyway with Import/Export rules but I still saw a path for a social and economic hub. With all the tables safely under protection in starter area and vendors handing out resources is there any room for Fairly Honest Anhrez's EKpalooza ?

Why have a Fort or Castle with table or vendor slots? I am I missing something? Sure we can build something beautiful, there are taxes and costs to in game vendors and I do realize relics are not implemented but will that be enough to help justify building out and EK, placing vendors and tables within it ? 

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

Todd said in one of the recent Q&As that vendors would be removed from GR. We don't know yet what their solution will be for keeping EKs open, but it's a step in the right direction.

I kept the lawn up through hell and high water. The afk kick in EK's then the changes to gods reach to include all tables, vendors, and nodes/mats as well as the crafting changes to require npc store bought things, broke my will to keep trying. 

We talk a lot about risk vrs reward. (Well we used to, now we really don't talk about much of anything)

But there is also reward vrs time invested.  It is so very out of whack. 

I sure hope the patch comes soon.
I hope it has all the things.
I hope it is great.
I hope I still care.  

I want my EK to matter. Sure I can create a beauty of Kingdom there and maybe have a place guild friends can spar on .. but that has too little of an impact on Crowfall the game for me. 

'...but the characters are NEVER wiped.  Instead, the participants take their winnings back home to the Eternal Kingdoms, to prepare and strategize for the next Campaign. '  - So I ask is this still going to be a thing? 

With Import/Export rules and tables in the starter area will ppl take their materials to the EK and craft items or just import stacks of 100 in raw materials and craft locally in the campaign to find better value in their import spend?  

Edited by Anhrez

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

18 minutes ago, Anhrez said:

With Import/Export rules and tables in the starter area will ppl take their materials to the EK and craft items or just import stacks of 100 in raw materials and craft locally in the campaign to find better value in their import spend?  

I don't think people will import to campaigns to craft all that much, though I guess it depends on the import limits and the player's specific goals in the campaign. The resource ranks in Joveth/Infected will be reduced, so unless they exported rare+ stuff from the last campaign, they probably a whole lot worth importing. 

Don't forget also that crafters will need their gear if they want to craft the best stuff, and that will use up import slots as well.

With the city building coming online, they have talked about buildings that give crafting bonuses. I see no reason why EKs can't have something similar, to make the EK crafting tables better than the temple tables. Even if it's only the basic thrall buff that we get in keeps, it's still better. And there may be more ways to improve the crafting stations when thralls are added to the game (assuming their plans for thralls haven't changed).

30 minutes ago, Anhrez said:

I want my EK to matter. Sure I can create a beauty of Kingdom there and maybe have a place guild friends can spar on .. but that has too little of an impact on Crowfall the game for me. 

'...but the characters are NEVER wiped.  Instead, the participants take their winnings back home to the Eternal Kingdoms, to prepare and strategize for the next Campaign. '  - So I ask is this still going to be a thing? 

Honestly I don’t see how it would be a thing still.  With all the systems coming online, testing of said things and fixing; I just don’t see when they will do all of the EK work that needs to be done.  

@Tyrant what’s happening with those of us that have citadels or other thousands of dollars buildings?  It’s been radio silent on EK’s. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

The reason there's crafting tables in forts/keeps is for the bonus. Also with dregs we are going to have to build those in our forts/keeps and im assuming the bonuses will apply.

It would be great to be able to get into an Ek straight from dregs/campaign to shop, but something will need to be done with the imports/exports.

All the buildings and parcels we've described or have in packages are either done or in progress, and you'll see more of them coming in the next update.  The imperial palace and mountain citadel will be coming sometime during the beta testing.  We haven't forgotten anything (I hope!) but I'm sure you guys will keep on us until everything is delivered.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

1 hour ago, Tyrant said:

All the buildings and parcels we've described or have in packages are either done or in progress, and you'll see more of them coming in the next update.  The imperial palace and mountain citadel will be coming sometime during the beta testing.  We haven't forgotten anything (I hope!) but I'm sure you guys will keep on us until everything is delivered.

Thanks!

Edited by Marth

53 minutes ago, Tyrant said:

That’s actually great.  Thanks for the legitimate reply.  

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png