Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EnsaimadaBlanca

Balancing measures in population terms!

21 hours ago, APE said:

You don't seem to understand this isn't a "Game" in the meaning of football, chess, moba, etc. There aren't structured teams. Factions aren't pre-set teams. Trying to limit the number of people on a faction total are online at a time is not going to work. Maybe if this game and faction system were amazing people would sit in line to get on to play with their friends, this game will never be that good. Adding lines will just decrease the small population of factions in the small population of Crowfall overall.

hello ape
It is the case that everyone has something in common which is named as a game then starting from the fact that all are games some succeed and others do not but today I do not know any that are worthwhile if they do not have equal conditions for both sides. imagine like 1 guild or faction could only use the half of the gear that would be clearly something broken

21 hours ago, APE said:

ACE calls Crowfall a Throne WAR Simulator. War is not balanced or fair, be it numbers or any other factor.

Crowfall is not a war between 2 or 5 countries is a war simulator game and of course it seems that you forget that it is a game and if that were not enough it is a fantasy game.

21 hours ago, APE said:

Is your only solution to limit how many can log in at a time? There are so many problems with that suggestion. @VaMei listed several. If you believe simply locking it to 100v100v100 will magically fix things, you are very mistaken.

I have not said anything to block the numbers to a fixed number of people but to regulate the population at all times in each faction so that there is always the same number of players in all factions.

On 1/30/2020 at 7:03 PM, VaMei said:

I really don't understand how you envision ever making a long term open world campaign 'fair'.

If team A has 30 die-hards putting in 40+ hours per week of game time, while team B has 100 players that only show up on weekends, should players  be prevented from joining team B until *more* players join team A?

On this scenario the second weekend will translate from 100 players to 10-0 for the team b. As its designed right now. So yes if you cannot join into a campaign because there's a big queue of players trying to mass on the same faction the people will move to another faction or campain but still playing crowfall. you can connect the eternal inventory with the main chests of the faction city and if you can not enter the campaign you can take things from there and move your ass.

If team C doesn't have any players in a zone, while players from team A and B have 50 each that they like to put in the zone, should those teams be zone capped unless team C puts players into a zone they care nothing about?

Nobody talks about zones I talk about the campaigns as a whole where and how people are distributed is part of the game and their choise.

If a large guild tries to join a campaign at server up, should their members be prevented from actually joining until both other factions have players to match?

Of course, it is a matter of entertaining the game, don't you think so or are one of those who think that it is not how a game is designed that produces fun but that fun is what you produce then you will agree that sticking headlong against a tree It will create fun. Only for those who look at you because I doubt you would have fun.

In the end, the answer is of course that if we want a good game, not a business suicide like the one that some people propose, claiming that Crowfall will not succeed.

If a guild plans an off hours operation, should they be stopped because the other factions didn't log in to fight back?

It will not happen because always will be more less the same number of players connected.

What if players start using alt accounts on enemy factions to stack the teams?

it is as easy as penalizing the second accounts in the end the second accounts do not benefit even the developer because today if the game is not fair nobody will play except 4 frogs like you and everything they have done so far will stay as a failure. In addition there are already many cases in other games which have rules regarding secondary accounts and restrictions among them would be so easy that they could not connect to the same campaign.

Saying you want balanced teams is one thing, but this isn't a MOBA with 20 minute fights where you can just tweak the battle matcher to make things fair.

You say this and you stay so calm it is as if I say the opposite that is what I am going to do and I will remain so calm.

Yes It can be done perfectly as if it is a 20-minute moba or a 4-hour tennis match or the 3-week tour de France.

I respect your opinion but at the same time I understand that what you want simply does not line up with what ACE is creating, what many of us gave them money to make. I find it odd that you have been a fan since at least 2016 and are just now realizing the population issue.

because it seems strange to you if the game has an average of less than 1000 connected players and is in an alpha phase of which you speak to me as if the game was even launched what madness is this?

Finally, the view goes up and you give your opinion, the other one tells me about other games as if he wanted to throw me out of here, the other one asks me questions as if they really were a problem when it is clear that not.

What a welcome for the players to hear this game is gvg if you do not come with a guild you would not like to play it. hey we are a guild of 20 people and the reality will be: sh**T we are losers because in the other guild there are 100 players.

Do you really think this will last more than 2 days?

Then come the comments as: we are very good our guild is the best we will practice fights because we have no enemy that can defeat us. false winner complex.

Edited by EnsaimadaBlanca

1 hour ago, EnsaimadaBlanca said:

I have not said anything to block the numbers to a fixed number of people but to regulate the population at all times in each faction so that there is always the same number of players in all factions.

Can you explain how sides would be even at all times?

You start with 1 player on Faction A, B, and C.

How do you get 2 players on a faction if they have to be equal at all times? Is there some sort of wiggle room where one faction could have 5 another 10 and the other 7? Where it slowly creeps up to 100 vs 110 vs 120 or something like that? 

You seem to totally miss or dismiss the fact that people like to play games with friends/guilds which can be small to large. If my group of 10 friends can't all play together for 2 hours on a Thursday night, do we just not play at all? Do the 5 that got in proceed to play while the others move to a different Campaign and not play with their friends for a couple weeks? What if the next night 1 of 5 can't log in? Does that 1 person just not play at all?

It makes little sense.

No MMO games work like this that I know of and for good reason.

Also, it isn't likely that you can just jump from Campaign to Campaign with a character like you can now. If characters get locked or have penalties moving, people can't just go to a campaign with room.

For campaigns that could go on for weeks or months, not being able to play with friends would be a reason to uninstall.

I can almost guarantee you that if your suggestion was actually put into the game that Factions would no longer exist or would have tiny populations and probably not worth the cost to run the servers.

Again I fully agree with you that unfair numbers can be bad for games, but this is how open world PVP games are designed. It is up to ACE to find solutions to make it more fun and rewarding to not stack sides. They've completely failed to do that during development and the Trial Campaigns. I have no idea if they'll figure it out in the future. This is why most seem to want the Dregs GvG and don't care about Factions.

If you want structured teams, play games designed that way. Clearly you are not a fan of this type of game design. But please continue to explain why ACE should redesign their game to fit your personal requirements that goes against the game's design and why I imagine most backed the game.

Edited by APE

The OP is right only in that we all would like the game to be successful enough to last more than 6 months beyond launch.  He is sorely lacking experience in open sandbox as evidenced by other things.   Persistence of character is probably the best quality of any player that joins Crowfall…   unless you take the easy route, pledge to the guild/alliance already in a dominant position, you are going to need the balls of an angel to pick yourself up over and over, defeat after defeat, and most important do something to change that result.  My first SB guild was a DAOC crossover that got our city destroyed first on the launch servers, we made the mistake of taking on Aftermath and their allies (what was it) Crazy Eight and got crushed, went guerrilla and harassed their players for the 3 months that those initial servers died.   Did I quit, hell no and that wasn't even the best world or experience of that period.   I fought with Sindicate and against them, with KGB and against them, with Winterblades and against them, over time things just change, then CN came and we all banded against the new threat.  With Crowfall things will change, new campaign, new map...  old alliances splinter, new ones flourish.   The key is just play and enjoy, one death becomes a hundred, it doesn't matter because one tiny battle that you win renews your enthusiasm like no other game style can.  

But back to what he is right about...  stacked sides hurt pop...  even in dregs, especially in dregs.  The old hat PvP players can handle it, EVE regulars can probably handle it, but we do need new blood to come in and stay.  It is possible take the effort to keep dregs from just becoming a 2 alliance war in these first few campaigns... we've got some reason to be rivals but little reason to really be enemies here.   Maybe I am dreaming, but I'd like to think that guilds would want to be known for going it without too many pre-set alliances when we start 5.110 LIVE.   And for Beta we should take the games health into account before smashing the new guilds, even if they bluster and gank their way into certain self-destruction.  We have a lot of experienced diplomats and negotiators that could keep these important Beta trial campaigns "fun" first and "brutal" second...   if someone deserves to be wiped off a server, sure...  but a kill all reds attitude usually gets you there faster than you think. Pariahs never live long lives.

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

2 hours ago, Frykka said:

Maybe I am dreaming, but I'd like to think that guilds would want to be known for going it without too many pre-set alliances when we start 5.110 LIVE.  

That seems like wishful thinking. Have read more then a few comments from members of top guilds state they will do whatever it takes to win. Which is understandable when there are win conditions, but basically removing the chance to lose seems almost pointless and defeats the reason to play.

People have complained about zergs when there are 50 people online. Can't imagine what the crying will be like when there is 2000.

I have little faith in players doing what is good for the health of the game as long as path of least resistance also brings the rewards.

ACE needs to figure out some sort of risk v reward system for factions, alliances, guilds, players. My hope is the new divine favor content will allow players to advance and potentially win beyond just zerging, back capping, or doing whatever ZZZzzz "strategies." 

The long forgotten Blood Stone ruleset was at least an idea in the right direction.

Really hope 5.110 brings a lot more that the current stand in a circle point system is a distant memory. Doubt it though. For a game about "war" and "strategy" the siege and overall PVP is severely lackluster.

On 1/29/2020 at 3:55 PM, EnsaimadaBlanca said:

if there is no equality of conditions in all areas and for all players there will be no competitiveness and if a game is not competitive and balanced there will only be a stage of growth and its consequent fall without brake. the inequality and incoherence which will affect the healthy life of the game and the potential buyers of Crowfall if from the first minute they see how the game depends on how much more massification means more reward, it will happen as in many other "loser" games, there will always be a larger group that will attract more people and so consecutively, which will force many players to not only stop buying the game but even abandon it right after it is released.

Now I will go to the personal since you take the trouble to name me as a loser for putting a criticism that anticipates the events. You have a dictator mentality to go over any obstacle in any way just to achieve your purpose but you forget that war is not fought in 2 days and in the long term your subjects will have too many enemies to stand up to that false courage.

"If you come to CF expecting good fights, chill bros and even numbers you are going to be disappointed"

good marketing, make a marketing suggestion with it ;)

"Personal 1v1 skill is the least important factor to winning a war and if CF has gotten anything right they have replicated that."

Of course, it is much better to win a war 50v15v30 which translates to little fun and less competitiveness, do not forget that this is a game and that to be fun it has to be for all 3 sides in this case.

"I can't beat you on the field? Can I harass your bros? Can I cause dissent among the ranks? Who are your allies? Who are your enemies? Do I have a warchest to pay to inflate my ranks if needed? When does your guild farm? Who are your harvesters / crafters and where do they hide? "

All this mentioned above has nothing to do with it and it is very far from what I am talking about. All that you mention will not make sense if there is no equal population among all the factions of a campaign.

You and I are here to play two different games.  I don’t give a flying custard about 3 factions and I think it was a mistake for them to make it.  I’m here for dregs.  I’m here for an open world free of  premade politics where me and mine choose who our allies are and wage wars as the player base sees fit.  I’m here to play a game where the devs don’t pick my friends, allies and cohorts and I’ll be lucky if I get to pick my enemies.  I’m here for a game that allows me to fight my enemy on several platforms.  I’m here for a game that tests my guild mettle, skill, logistics, cunning, might, political savvy and I don’t think I’ll win every time but I sure as custard aim to try.  

It seems like you’re chasing a large scale 3 sided MOBA where the fights are even and the devs are ready to balance on a whim.  I don’t want even.  I don’t want fair.  If I win I want it to be so overwhelming that my foes make Reddit threads about where I touched them.  If I lose I want it to be so crushing that I have to be critical of my mistakes and overcome them.   Why did I lose?  Why did I win?  Are they better than me?  Did they outnumber me?  Was their company better?  Who had better crafters?  Who has more harvesters out?  Where do their harvesters hide?  Can I get a spy in their discord?  Who’s in their guild that’s not happy?  What allies do they have and why?  Who hates them?  How can I spin this against them?  You want good fights.  I want group therapy sessions where they say my name and cry together.  You want balance.  I want to hear the lamentations of their women.  

Edited by mandalore

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

18 hours ago, Frykka said:

He is sorely lacking experience in open sandbox as evidenced by other things.   Persistence of character is probably the best quality of any player that joins Crowfall…   unless you take the easy route, pledge to the guild/alliance already in a dominant position, you are going to need the balls of an angel to pick yourself up over and over, defeat after defeat, and most important do something to change that result.  

Another wrong statement since I played several mmo sandbox and in the end everyone suffers from the same disease and it is 
precisely this last one of them is online albion in which I am a regular player and I assure you that the game suffers 
from the same problem. This is the reason why these types of games never stand out and it is basically because 
they not only do not get but also do not try to be balanced in terms of population and in the end precisely because of this, 
only those who win always or regularly win They are usually the largest groups so it is very simple or the mechanics of the 
game regulate it or another failure for the history of the industry. What I propose is that at least the population regulation 
and balance measures be tested in the beta phase, which is where the base of the game is supposed to be finished instead of
 waiting to see a launch failure. Finally players always look for the easy way to victory if the easy way is to be
 more people instead of better ability of any individual or group size  gathering crafting or warrior people will 
simply join with other large groups and little by little all those players who are not part of the cake will be lost.

My personal vision is that this crowfall game gets it and therefore I opened this thread and precisely now that it is about to 
enter the beta phase.

always certain those who oppose this kind of thing happen to be part of these large groups
it was writed with mobile and translator now is supervised.

37 minutes ago, mandalore said:

You and I are here to play two different games.  I don’t give a flying custard about 3 factions and I think it was a mistake for them to make it.  I’m here for dregs.  I’m here for an open world free of  premade politics where me and mine choose who our allies are and wage wars as the player base sees fit.  I’m here to play a game where the devs don’t pick my friends, allies and cohorts and I’ll be lucky if I get to pick my enemies.  I’m here for a game that allows me to fight my enemy on several platforms.  I’m here for a game that tests my guild mettle, skill, logistics, cunning, might, political savvy and I don’t think I’ll win every time but I sure as custard aim to try.  

It seems like you’re chasing a large scale 3 sided MOBA where the fights are even and the devs are ready to balance on a whim.  I don’t want even.  I don’t want fair.  If I win I want it to be so overwhelming that my foes make Reddit threads about where I touched them.  If I lose I want it to be so crushing that I have to be critical of my mistakes and overcome them.   Why did I lose?  Why did I win?  Are they better than me?  Did they outnumber me?  Was their company better?  Who had better crafters?  Who has more harvesters out?  Where do their harvesters hide?  Can I get a spy in their discord?  Who’s in their guild that’s not happy?  What allies do they have and why?  Who hates them?  How can I spin this against them?  You want good fights.  I want group therapy sessions where they say my name and cry together.  You want balance.  I want to hear the lamentations of their women.  

I like balance. That is why I am on balance. 

4 minutes ago, EnsaimadaBlanca said:

Another wrong statement since I played several mmo sandbox and in the end everyone suffers from the same disease and it is precisely this last one of them is online albion in which I am a regular player and I assure you that the game suffers from the same problem. Finally, this is the reason why these types of games never stand out and it is basically because they not only do not get but also do not try to be balanced in terms of population and in the end precisely because of this, only those who win always or regularly win They are usually the largest groups so it is very simple or the mechanics of the game regulate it or another failure for the history of the industry. What I propose is that at least the population regulation and balance measures be tested in the beta phase, which is where the base of the game is supposed to be finished instead of waiting to see a launch failure. Finally add that players always look for the easy way to victory if the easy way is to be more people instead of better ability of any individual or group type of collection, manufacturing or fighting people will simply join with other large groups and little by little all those players who are not part of the cake will be lost.

My personal vision is that this crowfall game gets it and therefore I opened this thread and precisely now that it is about to enter the beta phase.

always certain those who oppose this kind of thing happen to be part of these large groups

Heres what this mess of a post says for anyone who doesnt wanna scroll for an hour to read the whole thing

"Another wrong statement since I played several mmo sandbox and in the end everyone suffers from the same disease and it is precisely this last one of them is online albion in which I am a regular player and I assure you that the game suffers from the same problem. Finally, this is the reason why these types of games never stand out and it is basically because they not only do not get but also do not try to be balanced in terms of population and in the end precisely because of this, only those who win always or regularly win They are usually the largest groups so it is very simple or the mechanics of the game regulate it or another failure for the history of the industry. What I propose is that at least the population regulation and balance measures be tested in the beta phase, which is where the base of the game is supposed to be finished instead of waiting to see a launch failure. Finally add that players always look for the easy way to victory if the easy way is to be more people instead of better ability of any individual or group type of collection, manufacturing or fighting people will simply join with other large groups and little by little all those players who are not part of the cake will be lost.

My personal vision is that this crowfall game gets it and therefore I opened this thread and precisely now that it is about to enter the beta phase.

always certain those who oppose this kind of thing happen to be part of these large groups"

Edited by Staff

hoayaga2.jpg

3 minutes ago, EnsaimadaBlanca said:

Another wrong statement since I played several mmo sandbox and in the end everyone suffers from the same disease and it is precisely this last one of them is online albion in which I am a regular player and I assure you that the game suffers from the same problem. Finally, this is the reason why these types of games never stand out and it is basically because they not only do not get but also do not try to be balanced in terms of population and in the end precisely because of this, only those who win always or regularly win They are usually the largest groups so it is very simple or the mechanics of the game regulate it or another failure for the history of the industry. What I propose is that at least the population regulation and balance measures be tested in the beta phase, which is where the base of the game is supposed to be finished instead of waiting to see a launch failure. Finally add that players always look for the easy way to victory if the easy way is to be more people instead of better ability of any individual or group type of collection, manufacturing or fighting people will simply join with other large groups and little by little all those players who are not part of the cake will be lost.

Can you please stop this cancerous side-scrolling posting please, its so annoying.

4 minutes ago, Staff said:

Heres what this mess of a post says for anyone who doesnt wanna scroll for an hour to read the whole thing

"Another wrong statement since I played several mmo sandbox and in the end everyone suffers from the same disease and it is precisely this last one of them is online albion in which I am a regular player and I assure you that the game suffers from the same problem. Finally, this is the reason why these types of games never stand out and it is basically because they not only do not get but also do not try to be balanced in terms of population and in the end precisely because of this, only those who win always or regularly win They are usually the largest groups so it is very simple or the mechanics of the game regulate it or another failure for the history of the industry. What I propose is that at least the population regulation and balance measures be tested in the beta phase, which is where the base of the game is supposed to be finished instead of waiting to see a launch failure. Finally add that players always look for the easy way to victory if the easy way is to be more people instead of better ability of any individual or group type of collection, manufacturing or fighting people will simply join with other large groups and little by little all those players who are not part of the cake will be lost.

always certain those who oppose this kind of thing happen to be part of these large groups"

Thx couldn’t change the size of it with the mobile

6 hours ago, mandalore said:

that's exactly a pre-war meeting but listen dictatorships are doomed to failure and here you will not scare anyone with a scary speech there will be no tombstones there will be no broken families there will be people uninstalling the game that will continue to expect a balanced mmo.

1 hour ago, EnsaimadaBlanca said:

there will be people uninstalling the game that will continue to expect a balanced mmo.

Most mmo's are not balanced. Factions were and are still a mistake, like many of the mmo's that have tried factions, ACE too will learn. 

8 hours ago, EnsaimadaBlanca said:

albion in which I am a regular player and I assure you that the game suffers from the same problem.

How does Albion suffer? It offers multiple ways to PVP. Control of particular parts of the world are done with 20v20 and 5v5. Other parts allow larger numbers until the server starts melting with too many players. A good chunk of PVP is 1v1 and small encounters. They manage to have only one world/server, things to do for those that like to harvest, craft, small/large scale PVP and PVE. They do this by have designated rules for different parts of the world. They don't limit players beyond very specific setups for good reason.

Again as I asked above, what is your solution. It is very easy to say "that sucks" "that won't work" "game is going to suffer" but what is the answer? If numerous companies haven't been able to do it over the last 20+ years, how will ACE manage to fix the problem with Crowfall?

Please, spell out exactly how they would balance the faction numbers so that they are equal all the time. How will they do this and still make it fun for people that want to play with their friends, guilds, favorite faction?

Your warning is not unique or new. Plenty of us have brought up the issue of zergs and number imbalance. ACE so far has shown no interest in helping the problem. Which is why I saw Factions have little hope in the future. However, Dregs which most are likely waiting for is geared specifically towards what you don't like. Unfair matches. Factions don't make a lot of sense beyond wanting to have a "easy" Campaign option for those that can't handle Dregs. As I mentioned before, there are many other games that do RvR/Faction game play much better if that is what you want. 

Edited by APE

2 hours ago, APE said:

How does Albion suffer? It offers multiple ways to PVP. Control of particular parts of the world are done with 20v20 and 5v5. Other parts allow larger numbers until the server starts melting with too many players. A good chunk of PVP is 1v1 and small encounters. They manage to have only one world/server, things to do for those that like to harvest, craft, small/large scale PVP and PVE. They do this by have designated rules for different parts of the world. They don't limit players beyond very specific setups for good reason.

Again as I asked above, what is your solution. It is very easy to say "that sucks" "that won't work" "game is going to suffer" but what is the answer? If numerous companies haven't been able to do it over the last 20+ years, how will ACE manage to fix the problem with Crowfall?

Please, spell out exactly how they would balance the faction numbers so that they are equal all the time. How will they do this and still make it fun for people that want to play with their friends, guilds, favorite faction?

Your warning is not unique or new. Plenty of us have brought up the issue of zergs and number imbalance. ACE so far has shown no interest in helping the problem. Which is why I saw Factions have little hope in the future. However, Dregs which most are likely waiting for is geared specifically towards what you don't like. Unfair matches. Factions don't make a lot of sense beyond wanting to have a "easy" Campaign option for those that can't handle Dregs. As I mentioned before, there are many other games that do RvR/Faction game play much better if that is what you want. 

Albion always had problems because it has alliances that is to say the guilds have a maximum of 300 but at the same time infinite guilds can join to an alliance which has no roof and causes people to massify in alliances then the alliances control the territory many times in Depending on the number of people who collaborate, it is true that it has battles 20v20 and 5v5 which add a certain balance but before having control of those territories gave you maximum resources that you could only get by being the owner of the mentioned ones. really little time that it stop being like that and at the same time it is the case that when joining an alliance all become allies in the end it translates into that the more allies less enemies I think I have explained well. Albion has no limit of allies for what that the open world refers to and dramatically rewards the large numbers of people. Yes, it is true that it has 5v5 and 2v2 pvpve hellgates. In this new season it has 5v5 pvp without pve but all this is instantiated and for me it is considered as a moba within an open world sandbox.

In summary, if we put aside the instantiated battles, the open world of albion online was not very good until supposedly now because in this new season the territories are no longer instantiated but open battles, so their solution is to regulate the entry.

Smart Cluster Queue
When a yellow, red, or black zone is overcrowded, players now queue to enter. This queue assesses guild, alliance, and strength, and lets in players from various teams as evenly as possible to prevent zone-locking and ensure fair fights. Guilds can assign preferred access to certain members via the Guild Rights Management interface.

here is how i would balance the faction numbers so that they are equal all the time is an example i'm not this kind of minds that cannot take count of factors that i could be missing or other points of view: 

I would have 2 different types of campaign:

Campaigns aimed at small groups of people between 2-10 people. For small groups of friends.

the other campaigns would be guild oriented.

Differences between the different types of campaign:

In campaigns aimed at small groups, no one would have the privilege to access the campaign over anyone, everyone is equal and in case of not being able to enter a normal queue would be generated.

in the campaigns oriented to the guilds I would do that the guilds could proclaim their intention to play in one faction or in another in that campaign and which would always have privileges to access a campaign over the rest of the players that are not part of said guild. . Basically the members of the guilds granted in these factions would always be placed in front of the queue in case there was one.

Having said that I will now explain why it is essential that players have access to information about the population of these campaigns:

the need to know in real time if not with a bit of delay how many unique people are entering in all factions and how many are currently online with this faction, as an example, order has 500 unique players, chaos has 400 and balance has 350. With this information a player or a guild can clearly see in which faction it will be much less likely that find a queue because that faction has many fewer potential players willing to re-enter.

well now the other day in my first message my suggestion was to leave the entrance to the same number of people x or x + 2 because these numbers are very small along with the help of a private message from @adalid and thanks to the conversation this It would be my approach:

Open a limited number of places for the factions gradually as for example as follows:

The campaign opens and 20 people can join by faction and until there are not 20 in each faction the next access margin is not opened. The next margin should be 10 more seats for each faction, that is, 50% of the people in the first round, and this is because if you open another gap of 100%, it becomes double what would be a difference very large in the event that they joined in one faction and not in another.

Opening squared and balanced seats for all factions. I also clarify that the numbers could really be different, the important thing is the percentages.

finally, once the players decided on which campaign and which faction to enter in case there was a queue that would be almost always but due to the information mentioned above they should be relatively short queues and besides that while you are in queue for a campaign you could continue moving to The Eternal Kingdoms or The God's Reach worlds.

Greetings and I hope that if you do not like at least you correctly value my intention.😏

3 hours ago, mystafyi said:

Most mmo's are not balanced. Factions were and are still a mistake, like many of the mmo's that have tried factions, ACE too will learn. 

that's the reason of the failure of all the MMO'S not being designed equally in all aspects.

6 minutes ago, EnsaimadaBlanca said:

that's the reason of the failure of all the MMO'S not being designed equally in all aspects.

you are describing a moba or esport type game. Once upon a time, folks had to rely on other players since nobody could do everything. It was crazy time, folks actually had to work together as a team to achieve goals, and zergs were the realm of StarCraft.

13 hours ago, EnsaimadaBlanca said:

Im with you on this one. 

I made a suggestion early regarding mitigation based of numbers. 

See this post and then chapter 2:

https://community.crowfall.com/topic/26230-thoughts-on-crowfall-good-bad-and-ideas/

13 hours ago, EnsaimadaBlanca said:

in the campaigns oriented to the guilds I would do that the guilds could proclaim their intention to play in one faction or in another in that campaign and which would always have privileges to access a campaign over the rest of the players that are not part of said guild. . Basically the members of the guilds granted in these factions would always be placed in front of the queue in case there was one.

the need to know in real time if not with a bit of delay how many unique people are entering in all factions and how many are currently online with this faction, as an example, order has 500 unique players, chaos has 400 and balance has 350. With this information a player or a guild can clearly see in which faction it will be much less likely that find a queue because that faction has many fewer potential players willing to re-enter.

finally, once the players decided on which campaign and which faction to enter in case there was a queue that would be almost always but due to the information mentioned above they should be relatively short queues and besides that while you are in queue for a campaign you could continue moving to The Eternal Kingdoms or The God's Reach worlds.

Thank you for your clarity.

The idea has some potential but I don't see it working too well in Crowfall specifically.

Guilds getting priority screws over solo and smaller groups which the Factions seemed better for then Dregs. Even with priority, guild members could end up waiting in lines which is no fun for anyone.

Even if we could see 30%/40%/30% population split numbers, you only should be joining a Campaign every few weeks/months depending on what is available. People play at different times and there are high/low populations throughout the day across factions and servers.

I don't see it working where every time I log in I look at Campaign's populations and go to the one that has room. Not sure if that is what you are suggesting, but that won't work for this game. This isn't a eSport lobby game where you just log in to a server with space.

If I have to wait in line to play the same Campaign I've played for a week, I'm going to log out. Playing in my EK or in GR are not what I supported this game for.

My hope is ACE comes up with some ways to provide incentive to not stack a faction or even a guild/alliance in Dregs. Risk v Reward. There should be more reward for those that challenge themselves.

I'm curious to see what rewards will be given for winning Campaigns at launch. This could help guide players to form smaller instead of massive guilds.

Good luck with this idea but so far I don't see ACE caring about numbers. Their solution to everything is "Campaigns End" so uncle bob, zergs, out of balance game play will restart so no big deal. Never been done before in a MMO so will have to see it play out. Hopefully Beta brings in a lot of players to experience this for the first time. We've had years of a handful of players which doesn't reflect a real population or gameplay at all.