Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Dev Diary: The Leveling Experience

Sacrifice values will have diminishing returns as your vessel advances. This means that you will eventually need to sacrifice items of better quality. 

This means that stacks of Poor and Common and Uncommon drops from NPCs and Hunger Crystals will become vendor material as the game progresses. There was a discussion where even a POOR item will yield some xp to a legendary vessel. Was this scratched? Is this in and the wording is not clear enough? 

Gen. Prom
Guild Leader of KDS
Recruitment Post - Guild Recruiting and Management - #warstory
Visit us at www.kdsguild.ro

I like that the bogbear is still "coming soon" despite having been used in official social media and marketing material, including video, for well over a year.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

12 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

I like that the bogbear is still "coming soon" despite having been used in official social media and marketing material, including video, for well over a year.

We even saw Blair fighting a bear in one of the twitch streams a long time ago.

14 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

Just now, Extintor said:

We even saw Blair fighting a bear in one of the twitch streams a long time ago.

3nlj1j.jpg

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

So.
We still start over at level 1 with a green vessel?
Blue?
Purple?
Orange?

We forget how to do anything related to the class we just leveled.
Lost all abilities. 
Set back to zero.  

2 hours ago, yianni said:

Who's gonna waste high quality resources at low skill level to just level? As this change brings other means of leveling which is nice, I don't know how many people will actually utilize it.

Only situation I can think of it being useful is if you make a brand vessel and you're at level 1, and you have the mats farmed to make a high level set of gear for said character. Otherwise yes it's seems very niche.

Guild: Coming Soon (help me decide on a guild name)

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/nickynaps

3 minutes ago, NickyNaps said:

Only situation I can think of it being useful is if you make a brand vessel and you're at level 1, and you have the mats farmed to make a high level set of gear for said character. Otherwise yes it's seems very niche.

no major discipline at lvl1 to equip a crafting disc

33 minutes ago, srathor said:

So.
We still start over at level 1 with a green vessel?
Blue?
Purple?
Orange?

We forget how to do anything related to the class we just leveled.
Lost all abilities. 
Set back to zero.  

@Pann why does the leveling system require us to start over from scratch every tier of vessel?  Why doesn’t XP carry over?  What happens to all the xp we’ve invested in our vessels? 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

17 minutes ago, yianni said:

no major discipline at lvl1 to equip a crafting disc

Yeah but you can make really expensive intermediate gear to throw away to grind out xp and then sacrifice it.

Or just like go kill some spiders to get XP.

I mean I'm not the boss of you.

The real purpose for this XP is alts, obviously.

I've had several occasions where I'd have an epic/legendary crafting vessel that I leveled just to get the disc slots and then couldn't be bothered to hit mobs with because I don't like playing the classes that have the best crafting stats so they just leveled off failed crafting rolls.

Or the harvesters I build that literally stop caring about XP as soon as they have their discs in.

Now those characters will actually reach max level in less than one eternity without me having to do alternate stuff with them.

PopeSigGIF.gif

So I can grief faction members by standing near their resources and get xp?  Or do I need to be grouped? 

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

1 minute ago, PopeUrban said:

Yeah but you can make really expensive intermediate gear to throw away to grind out xp and then sacrifice it.

Or just like go kill some spiders to get XP.

I mean I'm not the boss of you.

The real purpose for this XP is alts, obviously.

I've had several occasions where I'd have an epic/legendary crafting vessel that I leveled just to get the disc slots and then couldn't be bothered to hit mobs with because I don't like playing the classes that have the best crafting stats so they just leveled off failed crafting rolls.

Or the harvesters I build that literally stop caring about XP as soon as they have their discs in.

Now those characters will actually reach max level in less than one eternity without me having to do alternate stuff with them.

yeah i guess i can see that, except if you half lvl your vessel until you get discs youre still gimping your crafter without max attribute points

8 minutes ago, yianni said:

yeah i guess i can see that, except if you half lvl your vessel until you get discs youre still gimping your crafter without max attribute points

Counterpoint:

I don't care about being 2% suboptimal on a character that is going to be replaced by a better one in a week because it was made by a white crafter. I just care that it isn't a literal garbage vessel and can get my guild's other crafters out of garbage vessels.

There has yet to be a situation in which those last 50 attribute points were the difference between winning and losing at anything, and there has yet to be a stretch that crowfall remained interesting long enough without wipes to justify leveling 2 or 3 such vessels to truly optimize myself. That's kind of a no-more-wipes post release progression.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

11 minutes ago, mandalore said:

So I can grief faction members by standing near their resources and get xp?  Or do I need to be grouped? 

What if whoever gets last hit gets the xp....

Edited by oneply

We have a thursday at noon in just 18 hours. 

It is like y2k all over again. 

What will happen? Will nerfs get herded? Will cats and dogs live together. Will JTodd shave off that ridiculous soupcatcher?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Thanks for the update it's good to see alternate ways to level up being presented, I'm sure many will be excited about crafting and harvesting providing XP.

And that's a good thing.

But what would really make my pants drop around my ankles would be a PvP game that gave XP for ... Well ya know, PvP.

Just something to think about. 

49 minutes ago, corvax said:

But what would really make my pants drop around my ankles would be a PvP game that gave XP for ... Well ya know, PvP.

Just something to think about. 

With the sacrifice system, you can get XP from PvP by looting people and then sacrificing the loot.

IhhQKY6.gif

1 hour ago, Jah said:

With the sacrifice system, you can get XP from PvP by looting people and then sacrificing the loot.

That’s not really PvP XP though.

1 hour ago, PaleOne said:

We need xp for..

Point capture

Successful siege

Pvp Kills

Why would they reward for the actual reasons we play the game...

wiDfyPp.png