Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Dev Diary: The Leveling Experience

7 hours ago, miraluna said:

What is this "Proof of Fidelity"¬†ūüĎÄ

'The closeness of two quantum states expresses the probability that one state will pass a test to identify as the other.'

Crowfall is still in the test phase, and proof of fidelity will most likely not be available until about 3 months after release, At that point Crowfall will identify itself depending on it's closeness to success, or to failure.

Now we have to consider how the Designer defines success, and that's not my purview, and a different conversation.

Forum tag... You're It. 

ūüėɬ†¬†

5 hours ago, srathor said:

I would want the xp from pvp to have diminishing returns. With a skull from an enemy sacrificed for good xp the first time in a day, then okay xp then meh xp, then bleh xp and finally no xp. Next day if you had more of the same skulls same thing. And if you can't take the skull you get a smaller reward on the body, like ears. 

A bag full of Souliens ears would be a good bag to have. A crate full of Mandalore skulls would be like angels singing down from above. All sacrificable to the gods for different rewards. One god. xp, another pvp consumables, another gold, another dust. You know. A pvp currency, convertible to other things. 

Bingo. PvP XP would have to be tuned in some way. In Shadowbane, at one time, they instituted PvP XP. "Graveyard Groups" started, People would log in, port in on alts, run into a death macro.. viola! Level 75 in no time... I think it would be hard to make it non-exploitable. I mean, I'm sure they could eventually.. but given the limited time and capital resources.. 

On 1/30/2020 at 10:13 AM, srathor said:

I would want the xp from pvp to have diminishing returns. With a skull from an enemy sacrificed for good xp the first time in a day, then okay xp then meh xp, then bleh xp and finally no xp. Next day if you had more of the same skulls same thing. And if you can't take the skull you get a smaller reward on the body, like ears. 

A bag full of Souliens ears would be a good bag to have. A crate full of Mandalore skulls would be like angels singing down from above. All sacrificable to the gods for different rewards. One god. xp, another pvp consumables, another gold, another dust. You know. A pvp currency, convertible to other things. 

On 1/30/2020 at 3:30 PM, Armegeddon said:

Bingo. PvP XP would have to be tuned in some way. In Shadowbane, at one time, they instituted PvP XP. "Graveyard Groups" started, People would log in, port in on alts, run into a death macro.. viola! Level 75 in no time... I think it would be hard to make it non-exploitable. I mean, I'm sure they could eventually.. but given the limited time and capital resources.. 

That is why I would like to see PvP XP tied to the parcel of a Keep or Fort during it's particular siege window. You have to be there to get XP and not in a corner of the map running macros against your alts. let me qualify that I'm talking about faction rule-sets. Those Forts and Keeps will be pre-built. But yeah some kind of tuning.