Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

ACE Q&A for February

1 hour ago, oneply said:

Ya I know they said that over the weekend. A good marketing team would make the pivot to capitalize tho. 

And I’m dead...

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

I guess the first questions are mandatory...
Which features have some kind of lockdown and you can't talk about them? 
Which ones are safe topics that you can answer us freely with no potential blowbacks?

18 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

Can ya'll take a go-pro video walkthrough of your studio's for this stream? With little info to be released I would devour seeing your team and their home away from home :)

As long as they put a piece of wax paper in front of the lens to reflect the type of transparency going on. :ph34r:

1 minute ago, APE said:

As long as they put a piece of wax paper in front of the lens to reflect the type of transparency going on. :ph34r:

I simply have this desire to see what dolls, figurines and other knickknacks are in the office. Not foolish enough to expect real info on the game this stream.

4 hours ago, oneply said:

If they were smart they’d drop some big news on Wednesday instead of the usual vague nothing burgers. They could gather up a lot of the gamers that feel betrayed by CU and NW. Another lame stream like the last few won’t capitalize on the opportunity 

Frostweaver would be perfect. Assassin had 3 updates prior to their launch. Believe others had at least 2. Doing it now, two weeks from now, a month from now doesn't really make a difference for marketing does it? If anything it should get people taking a look again or for the first time if the class/tech has been worth the wait. I'd settle for a shot of class power icons...

11 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

Not foolish enough to expect real info on the game this stream.

I like how none of the veterans expect a meaningful Q/A from Ace.  

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

20 hours ago, mandalore said:

I like how none of the veterans expect a meaningful Q/A from Ace.  

This is reverse psychology right? Letting them know we are expecting a nothing-burger while secretly hoping they drop a bombshell on us, right!?!?  Frostweavers are getting abominable snowmen Pets! and...and...one of their three promotion classes is our last healer! and...and...they can make ice bridges so we can go over those damn enormous holes in the world?!?!

Tell us CC is ready to throw us a bone tomorrow? Come on...you know you want to.

21 minutes ago, Gradishar said:

This is reverse psychology right? Letting them know we are expecting a nothing-burger while secretly hoping they drop a bombshell on us, right!?!?  Frostweavers are getting abominable snowmen Pets! and...and...one of their three promotion classes is our last healer! and...and...they can make ice bridges so we can go over those damn enormous holes in the world?!?!

Tell us CC is ready to throw us a bone tomorrow? Come on...you know you want to.

I’d love to have a great q/a where they give us what we want: an insightful q/a where they answer questions as they are asked and go out of their way to be transparent about what’s to come.  Do I expect that?  No.  

There are 33 available specs (with FW) and only 3 of those are healers (and only 2 of those can heal all of the time)?  I think we have a community meme for that math.  

Edited by mandalore

wiDfyPp.png

1 minute ago, Zatch said:

Im making a bingo sheet. I'd post it but I have feeling some folks wouldn't enjoy it. 

PM me that!  Discord?

wiDfyPp.png

23 minutes ago, mandalore said:

I’d love to have a great q/a where they give us what we want: an insightful q/a where they answer questions as they are asked and go out of their way to be transparent about what’s to come.  Do I expect that?  No.  

There are 33 available specs (with FW) and only 3 of those are healers (and only 2 of those can heal all of the time)?  I think we have a community meme for that math.  

Hmmm...33 promotion classes...only 30 of which we’ve seen. Of the 30, I think 3 are healers (Crusader, Earthkeeper and Paladin) 1 is a 3/4 healer (Arbiter) and 1 is a half healer (ArchDruid). I could go with a 3/4 healer “Ice Shaman“ just fine.

Edited by Gradishar

9 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

I wouldn't mind hearing about monetization. Like what is Vip going to be, is there going to be a cash shop, are parcels in ek's going to have a purpose or even be in game.

Sounds like a legit question...

wiDfyPp.png

Here's a question: What does Risk vs Reward mean to ACE and to Crowfall?

Today's Project Update #91 has "Risk vs. Reward" as a headline yet doesn't really mention anything about it, beyond glazed over "everything you do matters" type of spin.

As players face new challenges and make strategic choices in the heat of battle, they will be forced to assess the risk vs. reward ratio in any path they choose. That challenge and sense of empowerment defines the intense thrill of making choices that matter and taking actions that can change the tide of battle in a matter of seconds.

Maybe I'm tired, but I reread the email and I'm lost as to what they are getting at. Is Risk v Reward something being worked on and to come? Or are they being captain obvious that it is risky to be a dummy in battle and you don't get rewarded for doing so?

Can't count the number of times I've mentioned the need for Risk vs Reward (did so earlier today) and to read this I'm a bit confused. :huh:

To me the map feels rather bland and I'm not sure if I have something wrong with a setting (if you can change anything) but to see the compass needle, I need to position the map and zoom in which feels weird to have to do. This leads me to my question, would you ever think about putting in professions such as cartography - where a player can create a more detailed map (such as resource location, co-ordinates if they have a compass etc) and sell it/them to others. 

Edit: As an after thought, it would be interesting to see if we had no map at the start of each campaign and watching people/guilds/factions scrabble out into the world just to map it. I think it would also make sense as with the start of each campaign we're going to a randomly generated world, how would we know what's out there till we've explored.

Edited by Suffer
Explained in post.