Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

ACE Q&A for February

2 hours ago, adreu said:

I'm hoping for an interesting update considering as we're on the eve of of a very important year for CF. 

hope dies last. wouldn´t get too excited and be happy with every unexpected detail.

5 hours ago, Suffer said:

Edit: As an after thought, it would be interesting to see if we had no map at the start of each campaign and watching people/guilds/factions scrabble out into the world just to map it. I think it would also make sense as with the start of each campaign we're going to a randomly generated world, how would we know what's out there till we've explored.

That’s 100% what we used to have but they scrapped it for some treason I don’t remember. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

1 hour ago, mandalore said:

That’s 100% what we used to have but they scrapped it for some treason I don’t remember. 

Because the exploration game would be fun for a day or 2, but afterwards pretty much everyone would have the whole thing mapped. (It was also a pita on the dev side I believe)

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Half elf and racial - WILDKIN RESORT.... is a big mistaken. Sorry for my language... but why put in a powerful heal - apparently with no cd... agaisnt such an important game mechanic as CC. Todd joked about it, he didnt seem to know and it happend before his eyes.... something not useful got some love and now become the strongest race ingame (so far). The extra passive slot was alot love aswell.... and could be worked with... but this - im shocked in my 20 years of MMO PVP experience... just shocked!

Edited by Harzoo

Lt. Harzoo 

10 minutes ago, Harzoo said:

Half elf and racial - WILDKIN RESORT.... is a big mistaken. Sorry for my language... but why put in a powerful heal - apparently with no cd... agaisnt such an important game mechanic as CC. Todd joked about it, he didnt seem to know and it happend before his eyes.... something not useful got some love and now become the strongest class ingame (so far) and extra passive slot was alot love aswell.... and could be worked around... but this - im shocked in my 20 years of MMO PVP experience... just shocked!

Chill if it' too much they will rework it, they already reworked a ton of stuff, the game is not launching tomorrow ;) 

WnxjrJ9.gif

Thelanas Kar'Pal Membre fondateur de l'alliance Naerth en 2001 - Ex Shadowbane European Advisor Damnation/Carnage/Vindication/Corruption http://www.twitch.tv/gorwald/profile

1 hour ago, Harzoo said:

Half elf and racial - WILDKIN RESORT.... is a big mistaken. Sorry for my language... but why put in a powerful heal - apparently with no cd... agaisnt such an important game mechanic as CC. Todd joked about it, he didnt seem to know and it happend before his eyes.... something not useful got some love and now become the strongest class ingame (so far) and extra passive slot was alot love aswell.... and could be worked around... but this - im shocked in my 20 years of MMO PVP experience... just shocked!

we have to see the rest of the racials

hoayaga2.jpg

@jtoddcoleman @thomasblair  The screenshots of the HalfElves racial powers today did not include mention of either a 9th slot on their power bar or the ability to wear cloaks. Have both of those perks presently enjoyed by HalfElves (although not truly utilized since cloaks arent in yet) been removed?

1 hour ago, Forecore said:

Summary of the broadcast? 

1. #WarStories ..it’s what all the cool kids are doing.
  2. Tray auto-swapping works great. It’ll know if you are chopping wood limbs or wood elf limbs.
  3. Mounts still not in. If KS Mounts take durability hits on death...still TBD.
  4. 5.11 does have some optimization...but not much. Don’t expect that till all major systems are online. Big influx of 5.11 players should be prepared to stress the servers.
  5. 5.11 is much prettier than 5.10.
  6. Cavalier Discs Confirmed.
  7. ACE doesn’t reveal math. Math is ever changing and best kept behind closed doors. 
  8. Making fun of BlairMath not appreciated. “harsh burn!”
  9. 11 of 33 promotions get plate proficiency ....but not all classes get a plate option (Knights get 2 plate promotions for example). Rangers, being 2 leather and one chain...do not get a plate option.
  10. Harvesting powers will have to be slotted in combat trays to be used (since survival tray has been removed).
  11. 10% Crow referrals are 24/7.
  12. HalfElves completely OP until we see how the other races are more OP.
  13. Still no definitive time table for 5.11 to TEST. ACE is just as eager to get it in our hand as we are to see it.
  14. JTC had important lunch plans and is traveling this weekend.
Edited by Gradishar

1 hour ago, Gradishar said:
  2. Tray auto-swapping works great. It’ll know if you are chopping wood limbs or wood elf limbs.
  4. 5.11 does have some optimization...but not much. Don’t expect that till all major systems are online. Big influx of 5.11 players should be prepared to stress the servers.
  7. ACE doesn’t reveal math. Math is ever changing and best kept behind closed doors. 
  9. 11 of 33 promotions get plate proficiency ....but not all classes get a plate option (Knights get 2 plate promotions for example). Rangers, being 2 leather and one chain...do not get a plate option.
  10. Harvesting powers will have to be slotted in combat trays to be used (since survival tray has been removed).
  13. Still no definitive time table for 5.11 to TEST. ACE is just as eager to get it in our hand as we are to see it.

Not going to mention the stealth changes? Seems pretty important 

The talk of entering and exiting combat has me wondering about healing:

Can I heal an ally (or myself) while out of combat, or do I need to hit or be hit by an opponent before I can heal?

12 hours ago, coolster50 said:

Because the exploration game would be fun for a day or 2, but afterwards pretty much everyone would have the whole thing mapped. (It was also a pita on the dev side I believe)

There's things they could do to make it more interesting beyond a day or 2. 

Ex:

• Can only see land/POI controlled by your guild/alliance/faction, everything else is in fog.
  • Can see your controlled POI plus adjacent enemy controlled areas but not further.
  • Every ~24 hours the map's fog returns and you have to re-check to see who controls anything.
  • Every time land/POI changes ownership it resets the map and players have to rediscover.
  • Can only see current zone/map the player is in.
  • Can only see POI of map player is in.
  • Can only see current ownership of Land/POI of the map player is in.

Could use one or all of these together along with something similar to their long ago example of land conquest with the map reflecting creeping control of a guild/faction. Instead of individual POIs sprinkled about the map. Where half the zone is shaded Red or Blue.

No idea how hard it would be to create such mechanics but it would add a lot of value to players that actually went out and explored and reported back to their guilds. Even without some sort of Cartography system. Guilds that sent scouts out and communicated would have a large advantage over others. Would lead to potential for more risk and surprise encounters. Less easy to game the system and go in a loop backcapping POI and similar cheap "strategy" we've seen.

For a game supposedly built on strategy, handing over every detail doesn't add to the challenge. 

These types of things could come post-launch.

Edited by APE

5 hours ago, VaMei said:

The talk of entering and exiting combat has me wondering about healing:

Can I heal an ally (or myself) while out of combat, or do I need to hit or be hit by an opponent before I can heal?

I believe that if you cast a heal while out of combat you will be put in combat for the duration of the casting.

There is nothing as eloquent as a rattlesnakes tail.

40 minutes ago, PinkFluffyPanda said:

What changes to stealth? 

Due to the removal of the survival tray, stealth classes may need to wait up to 10 seconds before they can re-enter stealth.  We'll have to wait out the combat timer instead of being able to leave combat at-will.

15 hours ago, Gradishar said:

13 hours ago, oneply said:

Not going to mention the stealth changes? Seems pretty important 

15. It was clarified that, since the swap to combat is to be automatic, swapping back to stealth mode while in combat can only be done by the Assassin's Ult; all other forms of stealth will need to wait the 10 seconds until they are kicked out of combat mode to re-stealth.

There.  Another meeting that could have been handled by email...

Edited by starrshipcs