Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Templar flavor issues

Tohono

So, picture this.

You're a Templar

You're a man fighting the Fallen and bringing holy justice upon those who cross your path while you honor your god or your gold.

Your trusty weapon is a two-hander that has seen many a battle and is marked with notches that help you keep track of how many people you have slain and sent back to their inferior gods.

Your other methods of smiting evil wherever it lurks are...

-Being the exact opposite of a Templar and spreading disease and death.

-Hurt the enemy's feelings by saying very mean words.

-Do the exact opposite of a Templar again and throw dead people at your enemies.

-Pretend you're a rogue and chuck daggers at people.

etc, etc...

Perhaps its just me, but I just like to keep my characters in the flavor of the class which means equipping disciplines that sound sensible to use as that kind of class. And yet the only two disciplines that go along with the theme of the Templar is only available to:

Ranger
Knight
Champion
Assassin
Myrmidon 

I legit don't get why it's like this other than it not synergizing with Templar because they do Slash/Fire damage. At this point Knights or Champions make better Holy Warriors than the class itself.

It would be nice if there were more disciplines that helped fit with the Templar aesthetic or allow Templars access to those disciplines themselves.

Edited by Tohono

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2020 at 7:33 PM, Tohono said:

So, picture this.

You're a Templar

You're a man fighting the Fallen and bringing holy justice upon those who cross your path while you honor your god or your gold.

Your trusty weapon is a two-hander that has seen many a battle and is marked with notches that help you keep track of how many people you have slain and sent back to their inferior gods.

Your other methods of smiting evil wherever it lurks are...

-Being the exact opposite of a Templar and spreading disease and death.

-Hurt the enemy's feelings by saying very mean words.

-Do the exact opposite of a Templar again and throw dead people at your enemies.

-Pretend you're a rogue and chuck daggers at people.

etc, etc...

Perhaps its just me, but I just like to keep my characters in the flavor of the class which means equipping disciplines that sound sensible to use as that kind of class. And yet the only two disciplines that go along with the theme of the Templar is only available to:

Ranger
Knight
Champion
Assassin
Myrmidon 

I legit don't get why it's like this other than it not synergizing with Templar because they do Slash/Fire damage. At this point Knights or Champions make better Holy Warriors than the class itself.

It would be nice if there were more disciplines that helped fit with the Templar aesthetic or allow Templars access to those disciplines themselves.

You're going to have to wait until this February patch hits and when the balancing phase starts. Maybe we'll see more disciplines that will allow for RP'ers to use or maybe not.   I'm assuming you wanted to use adjudicator and holy avenger as an RP'er which is locked out for the kit. 

2 hours ago, MrErad said:

You're going to have to wait until this February patch hits and when the balancing phase starts. Maybe we'll see more disciplines that will allow for RP'ers to use or maybe not.   I'm assuming you wanted to use adjudicator and holy avenger as an RP'er which is locked out for the kit. 

Not exactly.

I won't lie that I do enjoy the Role playing experience (even if it's hard to even believe that Crowfall has a scene like that). I'm just miffed that the disciplines are named as such without even letting the class that was made for such themes unable to use them.

In a vacuum it just doesn't make sense and can become a pet peeve if you stare at it for a while, but that's just me.

3 hours ago, Ble said:

Your templar sounds like a SJWuss

I didn't write the lore, man.

Adjudicator and Holy Avenger were meant for Templar usage but they require crushing weapons and the two-handed maces Templars were going to be able to use were nixed for launch because of how much more time the animations were going to take to make that happen. I'm hoping that Templars get their maces back ASAP after launch. 🤞🏾  

Hi, I'm moneda.