Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
oridi

Well, 5 years went quickly...

Hello everyone - how is the game doing?  I've not checked in for years - how is gameplay? Did crafting ever go past magically appearing pick and there's a node? How is the community?

A good friend reminded me about this game and how immersed I was in the possibilities back when it was just a lil kickstarter.  I spent a lot of time on these boards arguing (a token squishycore amongst the elite) and writing endless stories (crowfall chronicles still holds up though it's been half a decade!) and I met some really wonderful people.  How goes everyone?

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

Hi Oridi,

Crowfall's War of the Gods update (v5.110) will be launching very soon and will be the game's largest update so far.  We should see it on the Test environment in February, and pushed on to Live when enough bugs have been squashed.  This update will come with a full game wipe, so it's a good time for new and returning players alike to try the game.  Once 5.110 has reached a sufficient level of polish, they'll be sending out invites to the 300k+ players that signed up while making a free Crowfall account, marking the beginning of official Beta.

The game has likely changed much since you last saw it.  If you're wondering about the current state of the game, check out some videos here on the forums or come say hi to one of the streamers over on Twitch.  There's usually a veteran or two (or even a developer) hanging out in the chat to answer questions.  Many of us have been around since the beginning like yourself, so we can probably clue you in on any specific features you're interested in.

On 1/31/2020 at 1:00 AM, Hyriol said:

Hi Oridi,

Crowfall's War of the Gods update (v5.110) will be launching very soon and will be the game's largest update so far.  We should see it on the Test environment in February, and pushed on to Live when enough bugs have been squashed.  This update will come with a full game wipe, so it's a good time for new and returning players alike to try the game.  Once 5.110 has reached a sufficient level of polish, they'll be sending out invites to the 300k+ players that signed up while making a free Crowfall account, marking the beginning of official Beta.

The game has likely changed much since you last saw it.  If you're wondering about the current state of the game, check out some videos here on the forums or come say hi to one of the streamers over on Twitch.  There's usually a veteran or two (or even a developer) hanging out in the chat to answer questions.  Many of us have been around since the beginning like yourself, so we can probably clue you in on any specific features you're interested in.

How big are the battles? Like how many players can they support now? IIRC it was an issue a few years ago when I was more active but they were building out to fix it. 

I role play a wordsmith.

I believe the zone caps are 150 currently, which I'm pretty sure we've never hit.  We hit the old cap of 100 a year or two back, but general client performance (both fps and net) was poorer then and it wasn't such a great time.  I think the current version could handle it much better, but we don't have the active population yet to test it.  I'd guess the current siege battles are between 30 and 50 players at peak (NA), more on the weekends.  Any players that are more active than me currently, feel free to correct those numbers.

8 minutes ago, Hyriol said:

I believe the zone caps are 150 currently, which I'm pretty sure we've never hit.  We hit the old cap of 100 a year or two back, but general client performance (both fps and net) was poorer then and it wasn't such a great time.  I think the current version could handle it much better, but we don't have the active population yet to test it.  I'd guess the current siege battles are between 30 and 50 players at peak (NA), more on the weekends.  Any players that are more active than me currently, feel free to correct those numbers.

Interesting. I ask because the number is what has plagued PVP MMOs forever and I feel its a make or break for this game. 

I role play a wordsmith.

Yeah, definitely.  Performance is really important for this thing to be a success, and the closest thing we've ever seen to any kind of scale was the old tech demo they showed several years go.  Hopefully we get some of that critical mass in the coming months to really push the game into mmo territory.