Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kris

Telegraphs Need To Go (New Gameplay Trailer)

498 members have voted

1. 1. Telegraphs

• NO, I don't want telegraphs
    • YES, I want telegraphs
    • I don't mind some telegraphs, but tone down the texture

Telegraphs aren't my main issue, my main issue is with how all the attacks seem to come from the ground and up a certain height, instead of being truly aimed. 

Surely "Truly aiming it", would make the Champion an absolute no-go and the Duelist much stronger, or a Duelist could hide behind a tank, and be invicible, its not an FPS

Edited by Dredja

Edgy

Surely "Truly aiming it", would make the Champion an absolute no-go and the Duelist much stronger, or a Duelist could hide behind a tank, and be invicible, its not an FPS

Aimed combat isn't only done in fps. 

I like the telegraphs, they make the game actually skilful and I take an "Immersion hit" to achieve this. I hate tab target mmos, because anyone can do them, and Wildstar had the best combat i've played yet. I don't think taking the taking the telegraphs would work either becuase otherwise how do you encompass long range, I dont want to get sniped and not actually know how im taking damage, because if they take it off, I bet there will be an abundance of rangers and stalkers.

Aimed combat isn't only done in fps. 

You mean like in ESO, it turned into a tab-target, it made no difference

Edgy

I like the telegraphs, they make the game actually skilful and I take an "Immersion hit" to achieve this. I hate tab target mmos, because anyone can do them, and Wildstar had the best combat i've played yet. I don't think taking the taking the telegraphs would work either becuase otherwise how do you encompass long range, I dont want to get sniped and not actually know how im taking damage, because if they take it off, I bet there will be an abundance of rangers and stalkers.

No i mean like tera, black desert, landmark, darkfall, smite.

I dont want to get sniped and not actually know how im taking damage, because if they take it off, I bet there will be an abundance of rangers and stalkers.

That would simply mean you got ambushed, the logical step is to react to the situtation accordingly. Where did the ranged assault come from? If you cannot determine the direction, wait for secondary projectile, make sure you know where it came from, and choose your plan.

Seeing a massive red-line on the ground screaming "You're about to be nuked" doesn't fit in a competitive game, it takes away from the individuals skills way too much.

That would simply mean you got ambushed, the logical step is to react to the situtation accordingly. Where did the ranged assault come from? If you cannot determine the direction, wait for secondary projectile, make sure you know where it came from, and choose your plan.

Seeing a massive red-line on the ground screaming "You're about to be nuked" doesn't fit in a competitive game, it takes away from the individuals skills way too much.

Well surely this makes ranged classes much more op, unless they make it hard to aim,

Personally I like telegraphs they make it so much easier to use dodge.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to have an "area of perception" around the player character, or only in front of it (180º) that make possible for us to see those telegraphs. 

+1 this

Edgy

Well surely this makes ranged classes much more op, unless they make it hard to aim,

+1 this

With that player speed and the red lines, I can bet you from 20 meters you aren't going to hit a skilled player with ranged projectiles at all. The game is fast-paced enough for us to allow proper dodging, and if people had hard time hitting with hitscan in UT, I can't wait to see how easy dodging is in this game.

Edited by nehemia

I thought the original concept was you could toggle telegraphs for your character only. Go back to that. I don't need, nor want to see everyone else's telegraph cluttering up my screen. I have no problems seeing my own, especially for long distance attacks if there will be no cross hair. If you can see your own, or if you want to turn them off... then there is no real advantage once you learn the game feel.

Get rid of them, or keep them personal.

YES YES YES! Telegraphs were the best thing about Wildstar. It dosen't seem like the use will be as extreme in Crowfall, but combat style is really fun and intuitive, which creates a situation where the combat is easy to learn, but hard to master. I love it. (Yes, the hype is real)

YES YES YES! Telegraphs were the best thing about Wildstar. It dosen't seem like the use will be as extreme in Crowfall, but combat style is really fun and intuitive, which creates a situation where the combat is easy to learn, but hard to master. I love it. (Yes, the hype is real)

It isn't difficult to master. If there's so many visual clues the skill ceiling will be ridiculously low, and most have mastered the gameplay side within few months. No thanks to that, I want a game that challenges me for years to come, not something where I can only screw up when I'm completely drunk and high.

It isn't difficult to master. If there's so many visual clues the skill ceiling will be ridiculously low, and most have mastered the gameplay side within few months. No thanks to that, I want a game that challenges me for years to come, not something where I can only screw up when I'm completely drunk and high.

I play best after 2 beers... true story

From what I can tell of the gameplay footage, there doesn't appear to be a Z-axis or much real aiming required; you just have to roughly face the proper direction. Adding telegraphs on top of that is making it way too easy, plus they simply look ugly and kill the immersion.

I fully agree that telegraphs should not be included, and if possible, there should be a bit more aiming required as well. At the least, make the "cones" very narrow except for special large AoE spells and abilities.

The devs say they don't want to make the combat too twitchy or require extremely fast reflexes. You can still assure that without including silly telegraphs.

Edited by Zarithas

Even if they keep telegraphs not every damn attack will have them.  Talking about red lines for projectiles is just effing stupid.

I don't necessarily mind the telegraphs...  I would absolutely prefer they not be giant glowing red lines.  Something more subtle would be a million times better.

Edited by rhone

Hmm.......

I don't mind them tbh.

BUT....

It would be cooler "not" to have them. It would be, yes, Oldschool.

AND

As we all know, this is NOT a Game for "Everyone" as stated much.

So...

Let's get rid of them. I dont like the wording but; More Playerskill.

Edited by p1nhead

Proud Backer of Crowfall !!!

I would prefer having the same combat without telegraphs, but if im left with telegraphs or......tab targeting Telegraphs everyday.

Edited by Quipster

Don't want to be playing gw2style combat dodging red circles on the ground which preempt where attacks will be.

The game loos good don't dumb it down by painting poorly made socks everywhere people are attacking if it is for yourself and your attacks only I see no problem with it but I'd rather not have gameplay follow gw2 and what that crap is more focus on shadowbane less on other games.