Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kris

Telegraphs Need To Go (New Gameplay Trailer)

498 members have voted

1. 1. Telegraphs

• NO, I don't want telegraphs
    • YES, I want telegraphs
    • I don't mind some telegraphs, but tone down the texture

I think it's good that they have the telegraphs. this way it's easier to see what or who you got attacked by, or make it easier to dodge/block said attack, after all, dying is not something you want to do in this game, so you don't want to get killed by an attack from the back that you couldn't possibly see coming. Though i wouldn't mind if they didn't have the telegraphs to make the game more about looking at what your opponent is doing, instead of looking at red telegraphs at the ground..

Edited by dragonfly

I think it's good that they have the telegraphs. this way it's easier to see what or who you got attacked by, or make it easier to dodge/block said attack, after all, dying is not something you want to do in this game, so you don't want to get killed by an attack from the back that you couldn't possibly see coming. Though i wouldn't mind if they didn't have the telegraphs to make the game more about looking at your oppopnent, instead of looking at red telegraphs at the ground..

situational awareness

look it up

Sight and sound are perfectly fine for knowing when you're being attacked, who's attacking you, from what direction, etc. That is your early warning for ambushes.

Telegraphs are really only necessary to aid in situational awareness if you're partially deaf or blind, or both.

Yeah, this poll won't be biased at all -___-

Don't try to get a true opinion poll with a one-sided thread title.

Not really. People who strongly disagree will join the thread anyway and vote the second or third option.

Yeah.. AoE's should be reserved for characters built specifically to deal AoE damage.. back in the day (Shadowbane) we would have 200 vs 200 people at any given battle.. imagine 400 AoE's going off at once... ugh.. sounds boring and like a lag fest.. SB.exe anyone?

Also sounds like a bit of the hand holding where even if you don't have skill you just have to aim your AoE in the right direction..

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

If telegraphs are removed please add a combo-finisher system that has a big animation at the end that can be cancelled.

"Its better to look ugly and win, than pretty and lose."

Personally I don't like telegraphs at all. They are an extension of the "play the HUD/UI, not the game" mentality. You should look at your surroundings or enemies and see what they're doing.

If you try do dodge an incoming attack that should not happen because you are standing knee deep in a red rectangle, but because that though looking guy is waving his scary looking hammer while running at you at an alarming speed.

That said, in some cases telegraphs can be ok. Like in situations where the player wouldn't be able to determine where an ability/effect's point if impact is. E.g. a catapult or a ballista fires at you.

Why can't they have them with the option to turn them off if you don't want to see them? I mean it shouldn't matter once you get used to how the skills work after playing a bit if you don't want to use them.

Wishful thinking.

Reading is good!

From the KS webpage:

Alpha testing for certain features of the core module will begin at the end of Summer, 2015. We expect to be testing new features and content on a quarterly basis.

As far as the telegraphs and animations. I thought the animations looked pretty bad from the video I watched, seeing people call them "perfect" is a little strange. I would definitely prefer no telegraph graphics on the ground, and animations instead ... so people actually have to watch/pay attention to what is happening in the game. Not just look on the ground for what is going off.

Not even bothering with the poll, as they are always poorly written and biased.

Edited by MattVid

Vidrak - Member of

mael4.jpg

I already caught onto the subject before they even announced it, but there are much better ways to produce readability than ground telegraphs.

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/2528-concerns-about-telegraphs-readability-and-controls/#entry65642

Enjoy.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

Telegraphs are boring as all hell. I'd prefer fluid combat myself.

Tera's style is okay (miles better than Wildstar), but I'd like to see them refine the style to feel more fluid. Tera felt choppy in it's combat (to me anyway). Choppy and jagged because of how long the animation locks can be.

So I'd like to see them really refine that style in to something more enjoyable.

Again though: Kill telegraphs. Kill them with fire.