Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kcing

Is Necromancy a active crafting skill in 5.100?

Been trying to explore Necromancy some but seem to keep hitting road blocks. Mostly in making Ambrosia solution. To make ambrosia I need halite and cinnabar. I cannot find it sold anywhere. Researching I find it only comes from some stone mother lodes. To mine mother lodes I need a teammate but also need a foreman disc and I also cannot find this anywhere. I also cannot find any vessels anywhere for sale, never see anyone mining mother lodes or mining graves. So I'm just wondering if necromancy is not a functioning crafting skill at this time?

ACE. can you make all needed crafting materials available somehow to everyone?  Maybe in small amounts in treasure chest, mob drops or sold at vendors at a very high cost (as to not break excavation and gathering mechanics)?

My opinion is making the game so people do better when working as a team is terrific and should be incorporated as much as possible but to force team play or unnecessary reducing single players experiences  will only reduce your player population. Also forced team play also breaks the game mechanics when there is no one preforming a particular part of the scheme and there are no workarounds.

Necromancy is a fully functioning.  I'm a necromancer myself.

Foreman disciplines cannot be purchased by NPCs.  You have to get a runestone pick (or hammer, I think) that can harvest Soul Essence and get it to drop from an ore or stone node R6 or above.  

Necromancy (like Jewelcrafting) is considered an advanced crafting discipline so generally it is recommended you join a guild and coordinate getting everything together to make it happen.  This game is designed around the idea of not being able to be self-sufficient.  An avenue would normally be to purchase the materials or the vessel directly, but with the 5.110 coming soon a lot of people who would normally be taking part in this sort of market are patiently waiting for the update and the full wipe that comes with it.

Edited by Hungry

The foreman soul comes from quarrying and skinning. You can get more details on exploration souls here: https://murderinc.guildtag.com/wiki/exploration-souls/

You can harvest motherlodes without the foreman disc, but it helps. For ambrosia, the quality of the minerals doesn't matter, so you might as well harvest the lowest rank nodes. 

Edited by Arkade

Thanks Hungry and Arkade. Need to learn about making disciplines now. Didn't know they were crafted.

Edited by Kcing