Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kcing

Support for the RTX graphic cards

I don't know what the exact new tec that there putting into the RTX series graphic cards v the GTX series is; think possibly there running at 10 bits or maybe there not using pascal anymore. However as I understand it is that if the programmers aren't actually programming for the new tec that there is only a small benefit in upgrading from a GTX series card. I'm building a new computer and am wondering if Crowfall is using the new tec or plans on using it in the near future. I don't want to wast money in new tec I don't currently need cause something better will most likely be out when I do.

Thanks

I run 2 2080's in NVlink.. I only did so because I wasn't willing to wait....for my first to came back from RMA/repair. Point is, the RTX are superior. Don't build your rig for one game.... 

2 hours ago, Armegeddon said:

Point is, the RTX are superior.

I have to point out the 16 series gtx can be considered better for many games compared to the rtx. Games with ray tracing, for example, metro exodus surely looks better to my eye with rtx card. 

16 hours ago, Armegeddon said:

Don't build your rig for one game.... 

I'm not building a computer for gaming. Trying to decide if I upgrade my gaming rig with a new RTX card or buy a cheaper card for the new rig that isn't going to be graphic heavy. I believe this is a question Artcraft or someone familiar with there developing tools can answer.