Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Vicid

Kill Indicator

In a lot of PvP games is always satisfying to know when you got a kill.  Since the campaigns track kill/deaths it might be fun to get a little icon or something to show you've got a kill. 

In trying to find an example... uh... oh here's a good one 

See how it instantly tells you that you've killed a player

In Conquer's blade they have a skull pop up and the name of the person you killed is spelled out.  I feel like the CB version is a good example, but perhaps it takes up too much of the screen and is on the screen for too long.

Just something to think about, I'm positive it is the kind of thing that gets PvP players juiced.

12Oe7ot.png

I'd prefer this was a group message. I'm of the opinion that treating the group as the killer is the proper way to address awarding score and accolades in team based games as individual rewards and accolades incentivize chasing said scores and accolades at the expense of the team. This also handily sidesteps the question of "how do we treat healers?" and better reinforces successful pvp sandbox behavior by treating running with a group as the most systemically efficient and visually gratifying way to play.

You can still do spicy 1vx videos with this implementation, and rack up solo gank killcounts since a group of one is still technically a group.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

4 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

I'd prefer this was a group message. I'm of the opinion that treating the group as the killer is the proper way to address awarding score and accolades in team based games as individual rewards and accolades incentivize chasing said scores and accolades at the expense of the team. This also handily sidesteps the question of "how do we treat healers?" and better reinforces successful pvp sandbox behavior by treating running with a group as the most systemically efficient and visually gratifying way to play.

You can still do spicy 1vx videos with this implementation, and rack up solo gank killcounts since a group of one is still technically a group.

sounds like ur healers need to L2P, hoa's healbot sanna is racking up kill this campaign, an unstoppable force of 4 legs and hammers

hoayaga2.jpg