Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bruskie

Shadowbane has ruined MMORPGS for me

Yeah but I had all the in game power. Remember we tried to bane Paranoid with my IC? LOL

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I started in Ultima Online then, when Shadowbane was in beta I switched on over to relive and play the best PvP experiences over the years prior.  A game where killing somebody could have been at the cost of your guilds tree and you had to think before doing anything.  I agree all MMO's have been ruined for me as well as, no other game has your heart racing a mile a minute and where decisions actually mattered.  These 2 games were not based on gear or even level but, based on pure skill and tactics.  I am so glad that I stumbled across this site and I hope this game re-lights the magic that was once lived.

Yeah but I had all the in game power. Remember we tried to bane Paranoid with my IC? LOL

Haha yes! And we almost got away with it too. 

I started playing Runescape when I was 10, grinder game ugh... Friend mentioned SB, all my close RL friends migrated from Runescape to SB around the time of launch, I was in my early teens.  Played that off and on while playing Counter Strike Source (the only other game to hold my attention).  After SB died, I went on to play CSS and became very good at the game (Thermaltake sponsorship), CSGO came out, got very good at CSGO, once I saw open beta for SBEMU I quit CSGO and played SBEMU.  I tried going back (after SB died) to Runescape (I don't know why), I tried TERA, I tried WoW, I tried so many games.  All of which sucked.  Counter Strike and Shadowbane were the only games that would hold my attention.  So raw, so skill based, every action you make has consequences, constantly left thinking what could be done better next time so I win.  No other game has put me in that same mind set.  The reason I don't wonder why I have 3000+ hours of CS:Source, 1500+ hours of CSGO, and probably both those combine of Shadowbane :).

Formerly known as - AmazingTacoBurito

exactly, I remember I was 13 and I bought shadowbane's disk in a random store in HongKong. I was looking for Lineage2 and I thought Shadowbane was lineage2 at the beginning LOL and therefore I end up in SB world. Yet surprisingly, I found it is sooo awesome and I felt glad that I bought this rather than the lame Lineage2.

After the Asia server shut down itself(due to the Asia company refuse to either let us play and take our money(?) ).

I have tried:

Lineage2 (finally, but i found no fun at all tbh),

WoW (had some fun, but so time consuming and its really unfair due to the gap from levels and gears)

Guildwars

good story and good pvp, but can't loot people :[  

Guildwars 2

a bit worse than GW1, people focused on personal skill too much even the classes ain't balanced very well.

And since I prefer strategy rather than pure skill to test your reaction time, I didn't get addicted in this game

besides, it's just too peaceful to a game claimed itself its open-world sandbox.

EVE (really good game like SB, even more complicate but I couldn't find any friend to play with me as all my friends hate reading. sad)

I was so happy when I was allowed to use my parent's credit card and join US sb server lol, but it went down very quick and the internet experience was bad(10k ping wtf?).      PS: After very long time, someone told me that was because some guilds or players were hacking the server.

Currently, i am playing a new pre-alpha game is called Gloria Victis, hope i can find something like sb.

And cross my finger and hope this game carry the SB spirit.

Shadowbane set the bar for open PVP. Nothing else came close, not even ArcheAge!

My present and past lives: Bravebellows, Keryst Windrider, Andarkon of Gondor, Kalistane, Silphas Nosferatu and Poor Kitty.

Same here played Shadowbane till it went down, then played WOW on and off for several years but got tired of the grind, grind, grind. Tried several other games while playing wow but it was just like wow from the beginning again so I always went back to WOW during those several years. Then I heard SBEmu was getting closer to a stable SB exp and so I went and check it out, managed to get into it and helped test but on the majority few were actually testing the game and were in it for the old blood feuds. Now I am sort of playing Elder Scrolls Online only because I love the lore of Elder Scrolls and been playing the series since Morrowind. Shadowbane took me away from Morrowind after my military days.

I have been so sad about the lack of good games since SB that I have in the last 8 months started writing down my own ideas of how my dream game if I could design it what it would be like. Just wish I had a ton of money to hire a lot of people to make it. Here is to hoping this game is as fun as SB was. A player skill based game of PVP and not a gear grinding fest of puss and ooze as either a dps, healer or tank. BLAH! I pray they bring the character development part of SB back.

The bar is set. Here is to hurdling all of us ol'SB loving fools past that bar and setting a new standard in MMORPG! In Thee do we put our trust, since you are the ones that made the bar in the first place. GL :lol:  

Crowfall%20forum%20sig.png

When I look into starting a new MMO, I always compare it's pvp system to Shadowbanes.

I've been disappointed everytime.

"Camouflage is the color of fear..  I have no need to hide from my foes.. I have no fear of death.  My colors I wear openly, they proclaim louder than any words, "I am proud to live, I am proud to die."

SB was the game that came along that leaves wanting more... My whole family played it. My son was 3 at the time and was our active buff bot, Mahbot... he has talked non stop about Shadowbane since he was a kid. He has been on MB and SBemu since it popped back up. For me these two just arent the same.

Crowfall could be the next surge of game and we need for our fix... if we dont scare off everyone with our eagerness and forumbane.

If we only have the same ol players to push around they get burned out.. so dont push the carebears too far out of the jelly forest or where ever they live these days. 

cant wait to kill some poorly made socks again....

~Vada~

my previous signature did not contain nudity... words covered the good bits but alas it is gone....

signx50_zps5b5a8244.jpg

SB was the game that came along that leaves wanting more... My whole family played it. My son was 3 at the time and was our active buff bot, Mahbot... he has talked non stop about Shadowbane since he was a kid.

haha, 3 year old was the active buff bot? that's awesome. My 4 year old asks what monsters I'm playing when i play shadowbane. But she tells me my game is boring and she wants to do a different game. Even a 4 year old isn't impressed.

Her sister IS looking kinda cute, though....

More along the lines of a cousin at this point.

"Camouflage is the color of fear..  I have no need to hide from my foes.. I have no fear of death.  My colors I wear openly, they proclaim louder than any words, "I am proud to live, I am proud to die."

hard to go from 4 hour banes with your town up for grabs then go to 30 min "battlegrounds" to farm tokens to buy gloves.

I missed SB everytime I was in a instance/raid group and some mage need rolled on plate gear...esp if I wanted it!!

in SB world I would simply take my greataxe and crush his widdle skull and loot my reward.

or everytime some leet dude was in chat

I even miss the CN farmers...or Loot piñatas as we called em. 

Know me and fear me. My embrace is for all and is patient but sure. The dead can always find you. My hand is everywhere - there is no door I cannot pass, nor guardian who can withstand me.

694a6f04-03a1-4af3-8e11-ddd1baa87348.jpg

The only game ive ever found that kept my interest like SB was eve.... the scope and complexity of that game is unmatched... i wish SB and eve would have a baby and name it crowfall... the trade system in eve or something similar would be an awesome addition to the SB experience

I wouldn't say it ruined MMOs for me.  It was my first and I played MANY others after it, but it is definitely by FAR the best.  No game really compares to the depth and number of options the game has.  Shadowbane was years ahead of it's time which is unfortunate.  If it came out AFTER WoW had introduced millions of casual players to PvP, it might have been a whole lot more popular.

HfLOYLH.png