Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bruskie

Shadowbane has ruined MMORPGS for me

when the MB opened up I was hoping that it would be something like sb it was hard to see the world again. I had stopped gaming.  SB friends died IRL so seeing the world again brought back those memories and I spent 20 minutes crying and trying to remember everything.... MB was a total let down....

This game better bring it.

I need my fix

before I end up pking IRL..

eh

~Vada~

my previous signature did not contain nudity... words covered the good bits but alas it is gone....

signx50_zps5b5a8244.jpg

No other MMO has been able to hold my attention after SB for more than a few weeks, if that.  I enjoyed UO before SB.  Other than that, its been mostly single player games for me.  

Edited by silk

X88mIYV.jpg

My wife has already threatened me lol.  It fell on deaf ears! haha

Same exact issue.  I realized I had made a horrible mistake when I mentioned to my wife that CF was being built by the same folks from Shadowbane.  She was "less excited" than I had hoped.

I actually got her to try SB when the emu first launched their beta.  The server was so jacked she got bugged and stuck on dev island for the entire night and crashed probably 25 times in a matter of an hour or so.  Surprisingly, that didn't help my case.

Alestorm MWH, Member of Mithril Warhammers since 2003,

Hammers High! http://www.mithrilwarhammers.com

Shadowbane was my first MMO, and yea it totally ruined the rest for me. I picked it up at release after following it for a few months. I was 15. A few months later not only am I playing but my stepbrother, stepdad, mom, dad, and little brother too.

No other game, not mmo or shooter or anything gives me that adrenaline rush you get when track lights up at your farming spot and losing means you just wasted 2 hours for nothing. Or how about CN baning your town so it goes live on a weekday during school hours but your mom is an IC so you get to skip school.

I'm 28 now and Shadowbane is and always will be some of my best memories. Not just gaming either.

Edited by stubs

People are horrified when you try to explain what made SB so awesome.  Griefing and breaking and stealing and burning.  The feel of winning a well fought offensive bane is unrivaled in my experience anywhere else in gaming.

AuxzkMc.png

Trying to explain what made SB so great to your average gamer is like trying to explain why football is fun to someone who has never played a more physical game than tiddlywinks.

Edited by vandarr

CF_Van.png

My PvP experience in Shadowbane has not been matched by anything that I have played since. Play to crush and .!.. to the carebears.

Same here, always expecting something to feel the gap. But always ends in disappointment.

I'm not expecting this game to be Shadowbane 2.0, but I am hoping it has some of the elements that made that game great.

-Red

People are horrified when you try to explain what made SB so awesome.  Griefing and breaking and stealing and burning.  The feel of winning a well fought offensive bane is unrivaled in my experience anywhere else in gaming.

AuxzkMc.png

Id put winning a well fought def bane against a numerically superior foe a half step higher, but your point is well taken.  Nothing else comes close.

X88mIYV.jpg

AuxzkMc.png

I agree.  The rush that I used to get during a really good hit and run in a zone or at a mine has never really been touched.  I would say the only thing that comes close is some of the pvp in Eve Online

IC/Founding Member - Team X Gaming

Id put winning a well fought def bane against a numerically superior foe a half step higher, but your point is well taken.  Nothing else comes close.

Whatever bucket healer!

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"