Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SirEmery

Limit non-pvp to a max level 0f 20-25.

Hey devs, 

As the title says, I really think there needs to be a mechanic to force encourage people to get involved in the pvp part of the game. The best suggestion I have heard would be to force a level cap of 20 until you join a campaign. This coupled with better loot being in the campaigns themselves would definitely get people involved in the worlds rather than just hangin' out in the safe zones. I wouldn't think that this is a good idea for MMO's in general, but this one seems like it's the proper place for that kind of mechanic. I would love the world to be a dangerous place. 

That's my two cents. Thanks for making an awesome game. Keep up the good work. 

People that play in the safe zones all the time, probably do not want to be victims to the jackhats. Yet they are still contributing to the game, to ACE's wallets, and likely to the games economy altogether. 

Forcing them to get involved, for many will cause them to go elsewhere. Get more wolves playing, stop trying to only feast on the sheep. 

Most people are experimenting with builds at the moment, as well as waiting for a more substantial patch, which should precede Beta & give a better indication of what will finally make it to Beta & Live.  True, there needs to be more happening with pvp.  Hopefully, that will pick up once we know what we can substantially focus on.

1bL5DvO.jpg

gods reach and ek will have limited ressource quality, so if you want the juicy stuff players will be forced to go into campaigns or will have to trade. pretty sure there will be an option to get along without pvping, but that might be only for the crafters and only as long as campaigns allow imports.

If people want to do nothing but kill low rank war tribes in GR for bad loot that's their choice. I see no reason to force them to do anything else. As long as there's a clear correlation between risk and reward there are plenty enough incentives to bring people to PvP.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

1 hour ago, Vicid said:

Remove the ability to get anything but white mats from GR.

Heck don't even let Chaos Embers drop there.

Definitely no chaos embers. They should drop only in PvP zones with looting active. Additionally temple areas regardless of campaign type should also only give out whites and limited dust no embers. Most valuable commodity in the game should require risk to get. 

GR mats and drops should be limited to R5 equivalent, Infected R7 equivalent, and that would fix plenty of the issues related to the safety of either.  Infected definitely needs to keep graveyards and should probably have Chaos Embers drop there, but that's open to debate.  Embers probably should be campaign only, but Infected also feels rather slapped together in its current iteration.