Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Warstory : Zerg or Flop, Pick your QQ

2 minutes ago, Darksun_ said:

I don't think this is the place for that. Shouldn't you be asking that under the Towel-snapping thread???

That is a valid concern, however this thread is a perfect example of my question. If Pann would like to move the conversation there, I am more than willing.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just your typical day on balance.      

I am pretty new to the conflicts in this current testing phase and have only returned to this game recently in the last week or so, having been away since basically hunger dome.  Some things about the

Great video, I fall asleep 3min in. 😀

4 minutes ago, pamintandrei said:

@Pann Is it right to understand that if we make shots at an entire group of people we are pretty safe from warning points? and if we make a shot at a person its a high chance of it being against the rules?

That isn't where the line is drawn. It's not about individuals versus groups.

You can attack characters, but not players.

IhhQKY6.gif

Good fights Order.

The title is pretty amusing considering the actual content but solid attempt to be spicy I guess. Reminds me of a little yipping chihuahua or something. The inferiority complex is strong in order's side of the world.

I'm not certain using my quotes has exactly the effect you intended(out of context or not) since they are supported by the video. Your players stated that you guys were outnumbered which was incorrect, particularly at the time it was said(after the first fight). Order tends to be pretty unwilling to take a fight outside of the narrow situation of sitting in a fort, as my quote was referencing(Where you didn't want to take fights outside of a fort), because we already know the end result of those situations will be a loss for Order. That statement still stands as valid and the video even highlights that. You guys play a single(stationary) game and I think you do it pretty well within that scenario. It also limits what can be done to turtling on a fort circle while relying on the guards to whittle people down since the kill potential is so low. Which if that is all that the goal is, that is fine. Outside of that narrow window, you'll lose which leads to the comment. At best the spec forces a stalemate(as seen here), within a fort. At worst, you all die whether it is to non-ideal situations(not in a fort), due to a comp that counters the stack templars(which we did not have), or to a similar style where they are able to stand in the circle and flip it when your squishy players die.

In the end, I enjoy that we are getting challenged a bit in certain situations considering we've been able to take most fights while heavily outnumbered and turn them into victories where the reality is that we should not be able to go into a fight down by 3-10+ people fighting into a fort and coming away with a clean victory as we have been able to do for a long while.

I look forward to further fights in the future and the yips that come with them!

C4sIZDW.gif

We here at HoA value the community and feel as your benevolent Elvish Overlords we aren’t doing right by you.  We forgot how fragile humans can be and we apologize for the soul crushing defeats we have been dishing out.  Our community outreach program will begin starting 20200214 0000 hrs.  Any humans that feel they have been overly abused may contact our highly trained human liaison elf’s at 1800QQNOMRE and file a claim for aid from the empire.  Remember you’re not just dirty human slaves that dance and die for our amusement but community members too.  

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Just now, mandalore said:

We here at HoA value the community and feel as your benevolent Elvish Overlords we aren’t doing right by you.  We forgot how fragile humans can be and we apologize for the soul crushing defeats we have been dishing out.  Our community outreach program will begin starting 20200214 0000 hrs.  Any humans that feel they have been overly abused may contact our highly trained human liaison elf’s at 1800QQNOMRE and file a claim for aid from the empire.  Remember you’re not just dirty human slaves that dance and die for our amusement but community members too.  

cringe

2 minutes ago, mandalore said:

This is hot stuff.

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

5 minutes ago, Darksun_ said:

May want to start paying someone to write your comebacks. 

If you’re that desperate for work I’m sure we can get you some prosthetic elf ears and call you an intern. 

Never mind, that position has been filled.  Staffs third cousin on his mother’s side has a friend with a better resume. 

Edited by mandalore
40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

I am pretty new to the conflicts in this current testing phase and have only returned to this game recently in the last week or so, having been away since basically hunger dome.  Some things about the current conflict and the reactions to the war stories seems a bit striking to me.  Let me preface by stating that I think both this video and the one posted by the Winterblades the day before both are targeted at sparking conflict, and both make the assumption that their content infer that the the "called out" party is unskilled and inferior on some metric.  I don't think either of these videos do a good job of getting the point across.  But something strikes me about the follow up comments that keep popping up in both videos wherein there is this argument about using guards, and whether that makes a person bad or good.  The fact that this is even an argument is beyond amusing.  Guards and fortifications are an essential game mechanic, which intentionally provide an advantage to the owner.  This is and always has been a valuable resource in conflict and one that games intentionally utilize because of their strategic importance.  The idea that using this resource makes a player bad is beyond absurd, it's like being angry at someone for not tying one of their hands behind their back in a boxing match.  You add in the contextual information that the defenders in the current video belong to a faction who is consistently outnumbered in the majority of engagements and have no way of knowing if and when enemy reinforcements will arrive, then their choice to remain close to their strategic advantage is an intelligent choice.  

I have played with Spectre Legion a few nights of pvp.  What I have seen is strategic choices and a willingness to take risks when it is valuable to do so.

Edited by Kambien
3 minutes ago, Kambien said:

But something strikes me about the follow up comments that keep popping up in both videos wherein there is this argument about using guards, and whether that makes a person bad or good.  The fact that this is even an argument is beyond amusing.

I don't think anyone suggested that using guards makes people bad. I think they were just pointing out how reliant SL is on guards.

IhhQKY6.gif

But shouldn't they leverage a strategic advantage when their enemy has access to a larger force.   Even if the current fight is even, in a game like this it's unlikely to stay that way.  I mean if your going to play the faction with fewer soldiers, you have to leverage other strategic advantages in most if not all fights.

22 minutes ago, Kambien said:

But shouldn't they leverage a strategic advantage when their enemy has access to a larger force.   Even if the current fight is even, in a game like this it's unlikely to stay that way.  I mean if your going to play the faction with fewer soldiers, you have to leverage other strategic advantages in most if not all fights.

Of course they should. But if they say that their opponents are "bad" for losing an even-numbers offensive fort fight, it shouldn't be a surprise that people point out the role that the guards played for the defenders.

IhhQKY6.gif

Are the guards really that strong? You've never been able to push into a group when they have guards?

... It's always something.

Edited by Darksun_
3 minutes ago, Jah said:

Of course they should. But if they say that their opponents are "bad" for losing an even-numbers offensive fort fight, it shouldn't be a surprise that people point out the role that the guards played for the defenders.

Funny how the guards are now a problem.   Think the title speaks for itself.