Find results in...
Pann

Dev Diary: The Winged Knight

2 minutes ago, srathor said:

Dear Diary,

We have roads, they sit there. 

You can walk on them, they like this. 

They go places.

Well wait, the roads do not go places. The roads sit there. You can go places on roads. To places. To visit. Or to stay.

Wheee..

OMG SRATHOR LEAKED THE ARTICLE.

SPOILER ALERT: You move faster on roads now. They've been talking about wanting that ever since they got the procedural world generator to link roads to places. See ya'll in 2 weeks :)

Edited by coolster50
I'm a Jackdaw now, yippee! 2,000th post celebration time!

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Roads that are cracked have less of a movement bonus. However if you bring 1000 stone of epic quality you can repair 10 feet of road. This makes the road happy.

Even more than if you walked on it with stiletto heels like the elves in HoA are so fond of. 

Just now, srathor said:

Roads that are cracked have less of a movement bonus. However if you bring 1000 stone of epic quality you can repair 10 feet of road. This makes the road happy.

Even more than if you walked on it with stiletto heels like the elves in HoA are so fond of. 

is that a personal attack

hoayaga2.jpg

Also in fancy developer road based news, if you are knocked down on a road, you get a debuff called road rash.

It can only be removed with time. Or one of a new potion called iodine. Which adds another debuff, but removes the road rash debuff.

Because of the great value iodine provides it takes 3 bag slots and comes in 74 different ranks of quality. The new alchemy potion uses a variety of new combos to make. Of course some of the items are not ready yet, but we hope to have them ready some time after release, but to show how hard we have been working we include the other 71 item drops. Sure you can't use them to make the iodine, but they are going to help with anticipation. 

Edited by srathor

Well look at it this way, at least the other war tribes have 100% class representation from the races they stole their bodies from are based on. We shouldn't see this identical thing with the Pigmen or something next week... Yep. Right.

Right?

Oh god, I hope I'm right. 

1 hour ago, Purpearl said:

Yeah... I feel like that the only really interesting thing in this Diary is the very last sentence. Interactive roads next week.

Let's hope it's not as disapointing as it is today.

Except, they have mentioned interactive roads on at least 3 different Monthly Q&As, so if you follow those, it will be a rehash of released news.  Caravans will move faster on roads but the risk is greater. Besides the 3 big pillars coming to 5.110 (Dregs, City Building and Divine Favor), they said there were at least a dozen other things that would be considered Major changes if not for the Big Three. I don't see how 1 new NPC to an existing war tribe would be considered one of those. 

Edited by Doomshadow

5 years we've been following the development of this game. We've supported you monetarily, provided you with free labor in the form of bug hunting and an untold amount of feedback for the various bad ideas you've come up with. We've been patient through the dark ages of 5.110 development but now we KNOW you have piles of info sitting there waiting for some "marketing" push. Yet you give us this garbage. I just don't know what to say. I'm disappointed. I feel insulted. ACE should feel bad for how they've been treating us.

Seriously custard your marketing hogwash.

Edited by dreaden

1 hour ago, dreaden said:

Seriously custard your marketing hogwash.

They are not marketing to us. About 6 months ago it was stated that they must push to release and if needed they would allow the testing playerbase to evaporate.(cant remember the exact stream off top of head) 5.110 should hit in a month and hopefully we will have more interaction. Edit: that sounds too harsh, I am sure that ace doesn't want to negatively affect backers, but they really must push to release, hell or high water.

Edited by mystafyi

Yes, yes, feed the hate!

Sadly them not giving info just frustrates everyone but the marketing people. Yes tidbits of info might seem decent, and it is the done thing.

Ace was supposed to be different. 

There will be detractors if they gave us some real info. They would have to put out fires. They would get some board hate, and hysterics (I am really bad at that part) And it would delay things. 

The problem is, not getting through that does not prevent it.  It is still going to happen. The delays will still happen. The fires will still need to be put out, but by then it will be too late. The major difference is they are not going to be able to iterate on any of it except with internal eyes.

The backer playerbase is rude and rowdy and demanding, but ACE set out to do something different. With the recent past they have failed in that aspect. They started out different, but backslid due to the fact that being different and transparent and open with the backers takes too damn long, costs too much money, and with the varied opinions and very strong personalities of the backers who have zero filters is likely the cause of tears and drinking over many many nights. 

It has been an interesting experiment. We have already heard from JTodd that he will not do it again.  Ahh well. Hope the game does end up in a good place, and thanks for the interactions when they happened. But I still feel very disappointed in where we are today, especially with things like today's "news".

6 hours ago, Staff said:

i just want some news i can show my friends that are looking at the game that wont turn them off, i want them to come to this game and i want people to be interested but i cant do it all on my own i need some dev support here

So I don't think it's time quite yet to hype people that aren't already interested enough to jump in, wait until we get 5.110 on TEST at least.

tiPrpwh.png

We know a big patch is coming and we know there will be a big reveal of information to go with it. This dev diary may not have taken the edge off the waiting, but I don't see much point in rending our clothes and putting on sackcloth.

IhhQKY6.gif