Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

hi ive watched alot of videos on the game. after realizing it was in a playable state finally i decided to check it out and make a few suggestions. This game is designed around its open world base capture pvp. So then for a game thats centered around that i feel its just a mess to have to lvl up first. i find it useless that theres a crafting system or gathering system in this game. it takes away from the most important hook line and sinker which is the PVP. sure people dont wanna pvp all day everyday. That's what other games are for. Take a break go play something else. I find the best way to feel out your own character is to just play it rigorous repetition. i suggest making this kinda like a battle royal in the respect that it already is one w.o these other systems added in. combat isnt impactfull enough to have fun vs mobs for 2 hours or however long it takes to hit max lvl. i feel like im playing several different games when i should only be playing the one. i feel like the game is tryin to do to much at once and a simpler game would appeal to the mass's more than a game tryin to do it all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with you ninja simpler game and less crap would be better. A more streamlined game with less distractions and more pvp. I really dislike that we have to play on a different server till we lvl to 20. Why cant we choose to jump right in to the action, even as noobs. I have been playing mmo's for years and don't need my hand held.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ease of leveling in this game asking for only a couple hours of white vessel grinding will be made even easier as they further improve and streamline the leveling process and you gather artifacts/binds for sacrifice for future characters and crafted vessels.  Its all part of the NPE and making sure it is clean and approachable (prior to God's Reach and Wartribes and the level/talent system it was atrocious).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Extintor said:

When I read these type of messages I always wonder why people try to play an MMORPG when it seems they want to play a MOBA. :)

My best guess would be the years that ACE has specifically marketed Crowfall as not having leveling. Not saying that games cannot change designs along the development path, but you were wondering why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mystafyi said:

My best guess would be the years that ACE has specifically marketed Crowfall as not having leveling. Not saying that games cannot change designs along the development path, but you were wondering why.

I really don't like leveling, One of the reasons I backed Crowfall back in the day was there wasn't the usual "kill one hundred whatever" but it looks like the community wanted active progression so ACE implemented it.

Anyway, the post opener doesn't have a problem just with the leveling part. He also doesn't like gathering or crafting in the game. He just want pvp ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Extintor said:

When I read these type of messages I always wonder why people try to play an MMORPG when it seems they want to play a MOBA. :)

Cause leveling is anathema to competition, it’s an time sink we need to spend to get competitive. It’s anost more insulting that the leveling itself is pretty trivial, couple hours at most. Even the higher level vessels we level quickly via quickly grinding sacrifice items with max characters (most of us in our guild have a blackguard so we can run around soloing chiefs/kings). 

Leveling is mostly pointless to Crowfall game loop, and wasn’t originally going to be part of the game. But alas apparently giving people a baseline “full” character was too much for some people to handle so they added leveling to help “teach” people how to play.


lPoLZtm.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Staff said:

interesting, 2 people with 0 posts before agree with each other a mere hour apart

We are husband and wife. Whats more interesting if you really are a staff member would be seeing that the same credit card was used for both accounts.lol. theres no prerequisite to having an opinion about a game we just picked up. I watched vids for hours before i finally hit that buy now button x2! We were so excited to get in and start pvping everything that moved. Then.... Surprise lvling on allods no pvp and if u wanna heal u have to craft by chopping trees for bandages..... I hate crafting Compleatly and thoroughly with every fiber of my being. To be forced pushed me away to be told no pvp for you rn go lvl. Also pushed me away. Im sorry but i just cant seem to devote even a couple hours to this game for that purpose. Its ok tho its still in development and i got time. I invested a lil bit but if they want my real investments things will need to change. Suggesting a more stream lined approach seemed my best move.

Edited by N1NJA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Duffy said:

Cause leveling is anathema to competition, it’s an time sink we need to spend to get competitive. It’s anost more insulting that the leveling itself is pretty trivial, couple hours at most. Even the higher level vessels we level quickly via quickly grinding sacrifice items with max characters (most of us in our guild have a blackguard so we can run around soloing chiefs/kings). 

Leveling is mostly pointless to Crowfall game loop, and wasn’t originally going to be part of the game. But alas apparently giving people a baseline “full” character was too much for some people to handle so they added leveling to help “teach” people how to play.

I do not have as much issue with leveling -- or progression in other ways specifically myself, but rather with what activities are required to progress. GW2 and TESO have both provided a path for progression via PvP. It seems like a solved problem so am a bit confused why it is still an issue here. Obviously, that is one of the reasons we are here and providing feedback! :)

I have zero issue with PVE, crafting, or survival aspects being in the game for those that want it. I just do not want to be forced to PvE or craft just to PvP in a PvP game. What i hope we can do is have PvP objectives for those that are still working on their advanced vessels.

A few folk bring up the low leveling time, but i'm still not convinced that a white vessel has a purpose in PvP right now other than to add to the lag. I've been that white vessel for a few fights and felt guilty for not being able to contribute much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Dao said:

I do not have as much issue with leveling -- or progression in other ways specifically myself, but rather with what activities are required to progress. GW2 and TESO have both provided a path for progression via PvP. It seems like a solved problem so am a bit confused why it is still an issue here. Obviously, that is one of the reasons we are here and providing feedback! :)

I have zero issue with PVE, crafting, or survival aspects being in the game for those that want it. I just do not want to be forced to PvE or craft just to PvP in a PvP game. What i hope we can do is have PvP objectives for those that are still working on their advanced vessels.

A few folk bring up the low leveling time, but i'm still not convinced that a white vessel has a purpose in PvP right now other than to add to the lag. I've been that white vessel for a few fights and felt guilty for not being able to contribute much.

You cant think like that. Assuming a "white vassel" is a lowbie who cares if they dont contribute as much. Everyone has to start somewhere. We cant look down our noses at lowbies because we all had to be one. Adding to the lagg tho? Thats an optimization issue and or hardware issue. Lower your settings? Idk. But i agree with you on not diggin a forced inclusion w crafting just to pvp. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, N1NJA said:

We are husband and wife. Whats more interesting if you really are a staff member would be seeing that the same credit card was used for both accounts.lol. theres no prerequisite to having an opinion about a game we just picked up. I watched vids for hours before i finally hit that buy now button x2! We were so excited to get in and start pvping everything that moved. Then.... Surprise lvling on allods no pvp and if u wanna heal u have to craft by chopping trees for bandages..... I hate crafting Compleatly and thoroughly with every fiber of my being. To be forced pushed me away to be told no pvp for you rn go lvl. Also pushed me away. Im sorry but i just cant seem to devote even a couple hours to this game for that purpose. Its ok tho its still in development and i got time. I invested a lil bit but if they want my real investments things will need to change. Suggesting a more stream lined approach seemed my best move.

i am not a member of staff i am just staff, but this isnt just a pvp game this is a nation building game, perhaps youd enjoy LoL more


hoayaga2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Staff said:

i am not a member of staff i am just staff, but this isnt just a pvp game this is a nation building game, perhaps youd enjoy LoL more

I never asked for a suggestion. Thanks tho. This to me and as described by the website is a throne war simulator mmorpg. Base capturing is the main goal.Kinda like guild wars wvw or planetsides global map take over. Take a fort/base get points. Ez. However there are other confusing dont belong elements like crafting and a lvling system in place. So were talking about how and why those should/can be removed to bring back focus to the pvp aspects that drew most of us in initially. Or talk about why we like those extra layers.

Edited by N1NJA
Relabeled base capture to throne war sim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 minutes ago, N1NJA said:

I never asked for a suggestion. Thanks tho. This to me and as described by the website is a throne war simulator mmorpg. Base capturing is the main goal.Kinda like guild wars wvw or planetsides global map take over. Take a fort/base get points. Ez. However there are other confusing dont belong elements like crafting and a lvling system in place. So were talking about how and why those should/can be removed to bring back focus to the pvp aspects that drew most of us in initially. Or talk about why we like those extra layers.

Sorry but they won't remove things only because you don't like them.

Crafting/Survival aspects of the game are in since Kickstarter, @thomasblair is one who take part of the crafting system in SWG, we tested the crafting/harvesting systems for 3 years + from now and because you just got into the game you are asking how we can remove it? I must say 🤣

It seems you only focused your attention on one part of the game and clicked the buy button without knowing all the other stuff around it, it's not their fault that you made this mistake.

The leveling part is way easy and if you don't want to craft just be part of a guild and have Crafters working for you, simple as that.


WnxjrJ9.gif

Thelanas Kar'Pal Membre fondateur de l'alliance Naerth en 2001 - Ex Shadowbane European Advisor Damnation/Carnage/Vindication/Corruption http://www.twitch.tv/gorwald/profile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, N1NJA said:

I never asked for a suggestion. Thanks tho. This to me and as described by the website is a throne war simulator mmorpg. Base capturing is the main goal.Kinda like guild wars wvw or planetsides global map take over. Take a fort/base get points. Ez. However there are other confusing dont belong elements like crafting and a lvling system in place. So were talking about how and why those should/can be removed to bring back focus to the pvp aspects that drew most of us in initially. Or talk about why we like those extra layers.

If the games like guild wars this games DOA the devs are going for a shadowbane darkfall style of throne war nation building, any deviation will kill the game, crafting and harvesting are part of nation building and leading, logistics itself will ideally be a game by itself, as for leveling no one wanted it, but its here now and its here to stay and its really painless


hoayaga2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you truly did hours of research then you would know that they have planned for the game to have crafting/harvest/pvp to all be very important. They have stated the idea is for pvpers to protect harvesters, for harvesters to provide for crafters, and for crafters to provide for pvpers, and the loop continues. However it isnt even that strict since most anyone can harvest as well as be a pvper. They added leveling so that they could have a talent system and for new players to be able to learn their abilities as they level instead of just jumping in and having all abilities and being overwhelmed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gorwald said:

 

Sorry but they won't remove things only because you don't like them.

Crafting/Survival aspects of the game are in since Kickstarter, @thomasblair is one who take part of the crafting system in SWG, we tested the crafting/harvesting systems for 3 years + from now and because you just got into the game you are asking how we can remove it? I must say 🤣

It seems you only focused your attention on one part of the game and clicked the buy button without knowing all the other stuff around it, it's not their fault that you made this mistake.

The leveling part is way easy and if you don't want to craft just be part of a guild and have Crafters working for you, simple as that.

The point of the thread is to draw attention to my opinions on crafting and leveling. Sure. Now go look at how many people felt the same way i did. Not just in my thread but many many others. See the bigger picture. Just because there are players that like these crafting gathering and leveling systems doesnt mean everyone that feels the opposite about them are wrong, misinformed or overly opinionated just because you don't agree with them. Differences in opinion is good. unless your isolating someone like you just did to me. Thanks...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Kaoz said:

If you truly did hours of research then you would know that they have planned for the game to have crafting/harvest/pvp to all be very important. They have stated the idea is for pvpers to protect harvesters, for harvesters to provide for crafters, and for crafters to provide for pvpers, and the loop continues. However it isnt even that strict since most anyone can harvest as well as be a pvper. They added leveling so that they could have a talent system and for new players to be able to learn their abilities as they level instead of just jumping in and having all abilities and being overwhelmed.

hours of watching youtube videos on the pvp. Because honestly i had no idea there were plans for more than just pvp. As for everything else you just said omg refund! Theres no way im doing escort missions ever again. Jokes on me no refund. Jokes on you the game will not develop as you just described. If you think it will then lemme just ask you this. How fun is an escort mission in any game? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, N1NJA said:

hours of watching youtube videos on the pvp. Because honestly i had no idea there were plans for more than just pvp. As for everything else you just said omg refund! Theres no way im doing escort missions ever again. Jokes on me no refund. Jokes on you the game will not develop as you just described. If you think it will then lemme just ask you this. How fun is an escort mission in any game? 

If you love pvp then you would love "escort missions" as thats where a lot of pvp happens. People solo farm alone most of the time anyway unless its just a guild deciding to gather for guild stuff. I enjoy the game as it is and if it doesnt go down the complete idea of the circle of life between pvp, harvesters, and crafters, then it wont bother me. I love the pvp in this game and i love the crafting because it is the most complex and fun crafting i have ever seen in a game. Next time i suggest doing some research other than hours of youtube videos where people are probably just ganking new players and calling it skill. Ask questions or go through forums so that you have an understanding of a game before buying it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Staff said:

If the games like guild wars this games DOA the devs are going for a shadowbane darkfall style of throne war nation building, any deviation will kill the game, crafting and harvesting are part of nation building and leading, logistics itself will ideally be a game by itself, as for leveling no one wanted it, but its here now and its here to stay and its really painless

Tried darkfall hated it. Both of em. Only because of the mana into stam stam into mana and hp into stam or w.e crap they forced on everyone. You know what im talking about. Terrible terrible. Ive never played shadowbane. Idk what thats like but since you refrenced it. Ima google it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...