Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Kaoz said:

If you love pvp then you would love "escort missions" as thats where a lot of pvp happens. People solo farm alone most of the time anyway unless its just a guild deciding to gather for guild stuff. I enjoy the game as it is and if it doesnt go down the complete idea of the circle of life between pvp, harvesters, and crafters, then it wont bother me. I love the pvp in this game and i love the crafting because it is the most complex and fun crafting i have ever seen in a game. Next time i suggest doing some research other than hours of youtube videos where people are probably just ganking new players and calling it skill. Ask questions or go through forums so that you have an understanding of a game before buying it.

Stop assuming literally the worst crap. Idk who/what you are but what you just said was unreal af. You go ahead and enjoy your baby sitting escort missions. Most pvp happens at or around events and coordinated zergs taking important capture points. The best pvp for me tho is those small skirmishes between just 4 or 2 people which happen anywhere anytime. I promise when i gank you its to make you die. Idc about anything on your toon. Thats just me tho. Lotsa people wanna loot players and make em feel it. Never liked full loot games but i do like permadeath ones.so far this game offers the least complex crafting system. You 100% def do not play many mmorpgs. Not an assumption. You just told us by letting us know you thought it was most complex and fun. All in all i dont like how you personally assume the worst of me because i have opinions.

Edited by N1NJA
No bad words

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, N1NJA said:

Stop assuming literally the worst crap. Idk who/what you are but what you just said was unreal af. You go ahead and enjoy your baby sitting escort missions. Most pvp happens at or around events and coordinated zergs taking important capture points. The best pvp for me tho is those small skirmishes between just 4 or 2 people which happen anywhere anytime. I promise when i gank you its to make you die. Idc about anything on your toon. Thats just me tho. Lotsa people wanna loot players and make em feel it. Never liked full loot games but i do like permadeath ones.so far this game offers the least complex crafting system. You 100% def do not play many mmorpgs. Not an assumption. You just told us by letting us know you thought it was most complex and fun. All in all i dont like how you personally assume the worst of me because i have opinions.

Bro there is no need to be hostile. Nothing i said is unreal af. I have played this game for years and know from experience. You have also not actually done any real crafting. The only crafting you have done is probably basic items or bandages from the crafting menu. All real crafting requires crafting tables and large amounts of mats, each of which can change the outcome of stats depending on the mats used. The small scale pvp you talk about is usually what happens on "escort missions". You are being very ignorant and toxic for no reason. Actually take the time to see what the crafting system is like before you start telling me i know nothing about mmos and have never played many. I was never being a jerk towards you in my previous post, only a realistic suggestion about doing research before buying a game in alpha or early access, that way you can save money if it isn't what you thought it was.

Edited by Kaoz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kaoz said:

Bro there is no need to be hostile. Nothing i said is unreal af. I have played this game for years and know from experience. You have also not actually done any real crafting. The only crafting you have done is probably basic items or bandages from the crafting menu. All real crafting requires crafting tables and large amounts of mats, each of which can change the outcome of stats depending on the mats used. The small scale pvp you talk about is usually what happens on "escort missions". You are being very ignorant and toxic for no reason. Actually take the time to see what the crafting system is like before you start telling me i know nothing about mmos and have never played many. I was never being a jerk towards you in my previous post, only a realistic suggestion about doing research before buying a game in alpha or early access, that way you can save money if it isn't what you thought it was.

Negative. You were being undertone negative towards me. You insinuated i didnt do my research. Lol i told you i watched pvp vids for a couple hours. Thats all i said. Then i trick questioned you by asking if ypu liked escort missions in literally any game. Instead of responding as expected because no one likes escort missions you say some crazy stuff like you like them. Smh. All you bro. Then finally you made assumptions that the videos i was watching were just some crappy gankers claiming to be skilled. I mean.... Come on. How far out on the limb are you? 

 

Crafting refrences w actual crazy in depth crafting systems. BDO is intense. Aion had something called fenris that scared many away. Albion had go gather a ton of stuff for one set kinda deal too. Rift. wow. Swtor. Legends of aria. Archeage... Dont even get me started on archeage crafting -.- 

 

Dont call me ignorant or toxic. Again this thread is to share why you think it should be removed (lvling and crafting). Or why you like it. not to make suggestions to me while assuming the worst about my perceptions on the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, N1NJA said:

Negative. You were being undertone negative towards me. You insinuated i didnt do my research. Lol i told you i watched pvp vids for a couple hours. Thats all i said. Then i trick questioned you by asking if ypu liked escort missions in literally any game. Instead of responding as expected because no one likes escort missions you say some crazy stuff like you like them. Smh. All you bro. Then finally you made assumptions that the videos i was watching were just some crappy gankers claiming to be skilled. I mean.... Come on. How far out on the limb are you? 

 

Crafting refrences w actual crazy in depth crafting systems. BDO is intense. Aion had something called fenris that scared many away. Albion had go gather a ton of stuff for one set kinda deal too. Rift. wow. Swtor. Legends of aria. Archeage... Dont even get me started on archeage crafting -.- 

 

Dont call me ignorant or toxic. Again this thread is to share why you think it should be removed (lvling and crafting). Or why you like it. not to make suggestions to me while assuming the worst about my perceptions on the game. 

I'm not going to argue with you, undertone negativity can easily come across over text. You should go check out some crafting videos though. I realize that it might not be your thing but maybe you can compare it to other games. I have never played rift and couldnt get into bdo. Albion and wow have very simple crafting systems imo. I played archage unchained a little but couldnt get into it as well.  I never said that i enjoy escort missions but i do enjoy the pvp that can happen around them btw. And the video thing i mentioned was more of a running joke within the community about some people only making gank videos. Good news is that if you hate crafting then you can join a guild who will craft for you but if you look into the real crafting and enjoy it then thats great as well. Either way gl and if you need any help in game when the big patch hits sometime this month, then let me know. I am taking a break until then. Also you can feel free to message me directly on here if you need any help or have any questions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, N1NJA said:

Whats more interesting if you really are a staff member

@Staff is not an employee of ACE, just an outspoken member of the community and forum warrior.

Posts from ACE or official partner accounts will have a banner in the upper right corner indicating their affiliation. See one of Pann's posts in News and Announcements for an example.

Welcome to the forums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, N1NJA said:

You insinuated i didnt do my research. Lol i told you i watched pvp vids for a couple hours. Thats all i said.

Welcome to the forums!  A couple things...

Please be aware that the PvP posted to YouTube is in no way representative of CF because 1) the whole, or even most, of CF isn't even in test yet and certainly cannot yet be referred to as a cohesive "game", and 2) no one is posting vids of the crafting processes (or anything else beyond PvP for that matter, because why would they at this point?) so that PvP is pretty much all you are going to find on YouTube atm.

If you seriously think crafting and the like are a waste of time and actually expected to get traction with suggesting removal of those systems, then I'm afraid your research was indeed incomplete and you may have bought in on the wrong development.  I don't say this to bag on you, I only say this to inform you so you don't waste your time thinking CF will be something it won't.  Those systems have been integral since the Kickstarter pitch way back when and they are not going anywhere. 

Once you get in and actually play those systems, however, then we'd welcome your feedback on how to refine them!

Edited by starrshipcs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, starrshipcs said:

Welcome to the forums!  A couple things...

Please be aware that the PvP posted to YouTube is in no way representative of CF because 1) the whole, or even most, of CF isn't even in test yet and certainly cannot yet be referred to as a cohesive "game", and 2) no one is posting vids of the crafting processes (or anything else beyond PvP for that matter, because why would they at this point?) so that PvP is pretty much all you are going to find on YouTube atm.

If you seriously think crafting and the like are a waste of time and actually expected to get traction with suggesting removal of those systems, then I'm afraid your research was indeed incomplete and you may have bought in on the wrong development.  I don't say this to bag on you, I only say this to inform you so you don't waste your time thinking CF will be something it won't.  Those systems have been integral since the Kickstarter pitch way back when and they are not going anywhere.  Once you get in and actually play those systems, then we'd welcome your feedback on how to refine them.

Thats cool if they wanna keep crafting. If companies want to hide themselves behind a crafting items- sales-eventual monitization methods similar to archage w the apex selling for gold.Then using that gold to get an advantage by buying crafted gear np. Ill drop my credit card and they can eat. But do NOT make me craft. Im here to kill and have fun. If they want my credit card for heal items and gear np. Idc. Just dont make me craft. -.- dont.

 

For the record crafting items in games is not a waste of time in my opinion. Especially to those that feed off that activity experiencing dopamine spikes similar to farmvilles action combat. (Lol) It is however a major setback to have to incorporate all these additional features before we can see a release. Makes sense from a logical standpoint because less work for the devs. They could just devote their entire team to the combat pvp portion and we'd see a release maybe this year. I like that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, N1NJA said:

Thats cool if they wanna keep crafting. If companies want to hide themselves behind a crafting items- sales-eventual monitization methods similar to archage w the apex selling for gold.Then using that gold to get an advantage by buying crafted gear np. Ill drop my credit card and they can eat. But do NOT make me craft. Im here to kill and have fun. If they want my credit card for heal items and gear np. Idc. Just dont make me craft. -.- dont.

 

For the record crafting items in games is not a waste of time in my opinion. Especially to those that feed off that activity experiencing dopamine spikes similar to farmvilles action combat. (Lol) It is however a major setback to have to incorporate all these additional features before we can see a release. Makes sense from a logical standpoint because less work for the devs. They could just devote their entire team to the combat pvp portion and we'd see a release maybe this year. I like that

Nothing that could be construed as "pay to win" would be ever be monetized here because the community would revolt; most likely skins and convenience items only.  To speak to crafting in CF more philosophically, this game was intended to be an end-to-end throne war where teams don't just PvP for the sake of PvP but they do so to take charge of critical resource points and the like in order to get the best materials and then, in turn, the best gear to keep the machine moving.  The DNA of this game is meant to force players of different styles to work together to accomplish all that can be done, and that ESPECIALLY includes crafting.  Don't panic though.

In your case, you sound like you prefer PvP exclusively and you should be able to achieve that; however, if you want to be any good then you will have a strong team behind which will certainly include crafters and gatherers to set you up with good gear.  You can train 2 of 3 trees at a time (Combat, Gathering/Harvesting, Crafting) and most who are all about the PvP will choose to train Combat and Harvesting trees (whether you make use of your harvesting skills is between you and your future guild, some will require you pitch in and some may not care).  You can skip crafted gear if you want and use PvE drops and operate in a silo, but the crafted gear is so much better that you will start to get steamrolled once everyone else is on good gear, and even PvP can only be done expertly with good gear AND a good team using skills symbiotically.

In short, there is a lot here to have fun with so I'd recommend finding a guild (important for knowledge transfer) and just jumping on in and see how it will work for you, and do so with a grain of salt because we have big new hotness coming soon that should include most of the rest of the go-live systems that are not in the current LIVE version for play testing :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, N1NJA said:

Dont call me ignorant or toxic. Again this thread is to share why you think it should be removed (lvling and crafting). Or why you like it. not to make suggestions to me while assuming the worst about my perceptions on the game.

They wont remove leveling or crafting. The games premise was for players to create everything with no game vendors. Hopefully this still is the plan. As for leveling, I fear we are stuck with it at this point. Perhaps ACE will add a store item you can buy that just levels you up instantly. 🤑

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ninja,

I understand where you are coming from in regards to just wanting to pvp and not deal with the crafting and gathering aspects of the game as I had a similar mindset.

In regards to crafting, I would say I dont enjoy doing it but the crafting system is well done and enjoyable for other people and being it is the only way to get high gear and vessels.

Gathering, I dont enjoy doing it but I will do it in regards to getting better equipment or helping out a guild. There are other means of getting crafting items which is where I would specifically hunt people gatherin or crafters transporting goods. It could provide huge amount of resources in a small amount of time ( example someone gathering for 1 hour and I come by and kill them which maybe was 10mins of my personal time) I would do this most of the time.

Other means of getting armor and weapons and vessels is via player vendors or guilds. Sell all your items you got from killing gathers or crafters for gold, use that gold to buy, rinse and repeat ( this is what I did)

In regards to escort missions, this is different compared to other games. It's in regards to caravans which will be released next update and more information will be released. These caravans are a form of transporting crafting materials such as stone or ores from the Point of Interest ( High level Gathering Nodes) back to a fort or keep. This means if you have a group of players waiting to ambush these Carvans and if you kill them and the people protecting them you can score a large amount of resources for crafting or selling them off for gold. It's a form of small scale pvp which it seems you prefer more than large guild 50v50 battles. A majority of the time I would just provide protection for the people gathering and I would still get some for myself as I provided protection. 

This games pvp is very complex even though it may look simple. I have been playing for 3 years now and the way you build your character, discipline, type of gear you build and understanding the characters your playing can really make a difference.

I can add more if you have questions.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you don't like crafting or harvesting and are only here for the thrill of the fight, that's fine. Join an established guild. If you're good at PvP and able to pull your weight doing only that, they'll be happy to keep you in gear.

The logistics of harvesting & crafting and the player driven economy have been core elements of the game design since the Kickstarter; it's not going away.

If anything, the loot gear from tribes is a diversion from the original concept. Thanks to that change, players like you that have zero interest in creating gear are able to gear up in good gear (but not great gear) without ever picking up a tool or trading with any other players.

Harvesting and crafting is and has always been optional, as long as you are willing to work with others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Samulus said:

Everyone, welcome to the average post on the forums once the game hits Beta.

Enjoy while it's manageable. 

I look forward to forumfall


hoayaga2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VaMei said:

Harvesting and crafting is and has always been optional, as long as you are willing to work with others.

This person doesn't sound like someone who can work with others based on them coming in here after watching a few youtube videos (which if this person actually views that as research, sheesh!  they have. LOT to learn about real research) and demanding the entire game change JUST for them (or I guess this person would claim the "others" because isn't there always "others" ??).  How very entitled of this person..... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kianna_RuneMaker said:

 demanding the entire game change JUST for them (or I guess this person would claim the "others" because isn't there always "others" ??).  How very entitled of this person..... 

Perhaps the person bought into the game when the Dev's actively promoted crowfall without leveling and other pve mechanics. I know of a few that fall into that category :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

Perhaps the person bought into the game when the Dev's actively promoted crowfall without leveling and other pve mechanics. I know of a few that fall into that category :)

Sure, but harvesting and crafting were clearly going to be important from the start.


IhhQKY6.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jah said:

Sure, but harvesting and crafting were clearly going to be important from the start.

I know and once we have a functioning marketplace that game loop will be able to function, relieving the need for players to do some activities they don't like. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Kianna_RuneMaker said:

This person doesn't sound like someone who can work with others based on them coming in here after watching a few youtube videos (which if this person actually views that as research, sheesh!  they have. LOT to learn about real research) and demanding the entire game change JUST for them (or I guess this person would claim the "others" because isn't there always "others" ??).  How very entitled of this person..... 

Your so out of touch with reality that you feel the need to warp it around you. Literally no one came off as you just described. This thread is to talk about why/how they should/could remove these extra layers. If you like the extra crafting/leveling just talk about what you like about it. The last guy that tried to act like you are now didnt get far acting like a jerk either.

Whats with people taking the word research to literally?... Soo dumb...I mean i stated the only research i had done on the game was watching a couple hours of pvp on youtube. Idk what better substitute word i coulda used to describe watching youtube vids of a game for a couple hours. Dont be so technical? 

 

When you scoff at the op and try to paint me as something im not or make me look bad because i had an opinion, it only make you look like a weak rabblerouser that has nothing better to do than to pick apart words used in a sentence. 

 

On a side note there have been alot of folks that came forward thank you. some agree the lvling shouldnt be. Some agree crafting shouldnt be mandatory. Some let me know additional factual informations. I appriciate those that didnt get distracted by wording and just shared their opinion about the main topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crafting adds ways to customize your character. Gathering promotes people going out into the world. Leveling is a way to introduce you to the game systems in a streamlined easy to digest format. This was a real brain buster of a topic.

Edited by Zatch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...