Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Dev Diary: All the Things

Thank you for this update.

First because it's a great update. It's juicy. With a lot of stuff for us to think about.

And secondly because even if you do not speak as much as we like, you guys listen, at least a bit and you are reacting. And that's great.

1459889836-gein-william.png

1 hour ago, Vicid said:

Someone pointed out in discord that the 20% stealth movementspeed would buff fessors as well

Only if they were running Illusionist, I'd think, since you'd need to be in stealth to utilize it.

Edited by starrshipcs

3 minutes ago, starrshipcs said:

Only if they were running Illusionist, I'd think, since you'd need to be in stealth to utilize it.

Illusionist doesn’t give you stealth it gives camouflage. 

Edited by oneply

8 minutes ago, starrshipcs said:

Illusionist's power keeps you stealthed if you stand still.  Same as wood elf camo.

Fessor's ult blinds and temporarily puts you in stealth, which means a nethari can get that much farther away from where they ulted when they pop up again

12Oe7ot.png

For example, everyone gets two crafting-based increases, two combat-based increases, and one harvesting-based increase.) This is contrary to our design goal of making each race feel very different from each other, as that makes the choice of which race to play much more interesting.

How can we interpret this quote?  Will every craft profession now map to a certain race with the bonus, or will even more professions have no bonus whatsoever?

PFq3vWQ.png

32 minutes ago, Vicid said:

Illusionist's power keeps you stealthed if you stand still.  Same as wood elf camo.

Fessor's ult blinds and temporarily puts you in stealth, which means a nethari can get that much farther away from where they ulted when they pop up again

Haven't played a fessor, forgot about the stealth part of that damn ult (hard to tell exactly what is happening while watching the slideshow in a meatball)...  I run illusionist, but not for the camo; guess I should read the fine print a little more thoroughly :)

41 minutes ago, Vicid said:

If you're having a slideshow (Worst than 30 fps consistently) I'd recommend upgrading your ram.  If its at something like 8 gigs you are gonna suffer ;< 

Local resources aren't top of the line by any stretch, but slideshow is not consistent and more of a connection issue for me.  Hoping I get a chance to run new lines in my house this weekend.

Edited by starrshipcs

9 minutes ago, yianni said:

So what happened to those roads?

I'm hoping roads had to give way to real info because they gotta share this stuff while it's still news

hoping!

12Oe7ot.png

1 hour ago, Alyriel said:

How can we interpret this quote?  Will every craft profession now map to a certain race with the bonus, or will even more professions have no bonus whatsoever?

The latter. If you look at the new High Elf, they receive no crafting bonus

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Good update, more of this please. Love the Stone Born and the Fae bonuses, and now it seems even a harder pick between Fae and Elken for me. Still hoping we can get this on TEST this month.

5 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

Cool stuff, looking forward to a complete list!

Have quivers changed or are they still just a QOL buff compared to arrows?

Follow up question: If a majority of possible ranger templates have to use arrows rather than quivers, does the new UI have a proper arrow counter? I'm a little over having to open my inventory to check a critical combat resource, and every ranger spec is going to be using rapid fire pretty liberally which makes counting them in one's head a nightmare. I assumed you'd kill arrows in this update but since you're not... can we get some love for people that aren't using quivers?

Follow up Follow up question: What is the design utility of arrows specifically being the only form or ranged attack with a potential ammo limitation, and why after review did you decide to keep it this way?

Quivers are more than QoL (currently!)

1. Increased damage  
  2. 'Fully Charged 3rd Basic attack' mechanic adds effects per quiver type (e.g. Slashing adds Execute, Piercing adds Bleed, Cold adds Root etc etc)