Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LordofCake

TEST Bug Reports (5.110 Phase 1) for 3/26/2020

TEST Patch Notes (5.110 Phase 1) and Known Issues

Please share any bugs you noticed while playing the game, these are objective issues with gameplay. Overall feedback or opinions on systems should be directed to  TEST Feedback (5.110 Phase 1) 

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs, or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com. 

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

Posted (edited)

I'll be updating this list as testing continues but a few things:

• Ambient sound effects cut out randomly, this happens when moving. I noticed this in all locations, but especially in Petra.
  • Sometimes when your cursor is over a resource (I've found this mostly with trees) it doesn't always register as a resource (the yellow border) and instead performs an attack. 
  • Performance is fairly bad, but I updated my Nvidia Drivers and that helped significantly. I was seeing 20+ FPS boost, so I definitely recommend everyone update their drivers.
Edited by OsirianLegacy

Posted (edited)
  • Weapons occasionally fail to sheathe when out of combat.  They're still in the character's hands when running, harvesting, etc.
  • Some trees cannot be chopped.  Perhaps they're part of the static set pieces as part of villages?
  • Chopped a birch tree, all the doobers were stuck on top of the tree collider.
  • Fought some Underhill tribe, all the Elites have shadowsight active at all times.
  • Experimentation windows has text cut off on the left.  Risk descriptions, etc.
  • Hovering over the power descriptions initially shows garbage icons.  Subsequent attempts succeed.
  • Overall performance is poor compared to Live.
  • Chat window stopped working.  Wasn't able to tab, channels did not update, and joining a group did not create a new channel.
  • Guinecean Saltpeter Rounds power puts you in combat, making it unusable (or at least very clunky) for stealth ranged powers.
  • High graphics settings cause a noticeable delay in powers firing, most notably dodge.
  • Duelist - Go For Broke - The power continues to fire even when knocked down.
  • Duelist - Go For Broke - The power does not aggro neutral mobs when damaging them.
  • Duelist - Recon - the sprite has resolution issues.  Instead of displaying one large image, it shows a hundred tiny ones.
  • Duelist basic attack occasionally plays the effects twice when hitting.
  • Able to hit bears in melee while the display shows 6m.  Haven't tested other npcs.
  • Recall has no sound effect.
  • Duelist burrow vfx occasionally persist when out of stealth.
  • Thralls see through stealth.
  • Some of the stairs in ruined buildings aren't able to be walked up smoothly.
Edited by Hyriol

also experienced:

• Chat window stopped working.  Wasn't able to tab, channels did not update, and joining a group did not create a new channel.
  • Unable to use /invite command after the server chugged, had to manually interact with other player (Old bug with chat server iirc)
  • Knight chain not dragging npc characters when very small terrain obstructions were present 
  • Poor AI performance or movement after leashing on other players. Short, halting steps and slow movement

Posted (edited)

Frostweaver

• Issue with lingering ice FX
  • Ice Weave wasn't placing a reticle. Even trying to put at feet. On wood elf it would use a charge of ice to cast and immediately recover it again. Had to move just to not instant pick up the Ice Weave. Watching video of others, didn't seem they were having this issue. Though when they learned they could mass pull and use the Ice Flurry and throw down 3 heal pedestals that restore mana as well, didn't really see the ice mechanic in play much anymore.
  • Harmonious Healing node from Icecaller promotion says that it adds healing to cool ice effect. But if I freeweave into cool ice and copy it with ice weave, the effects tick healing with every mana tick. If I iceweave and then use chill out to convert those into cool ice, this heal is not present.
  • Using Refreshing Breeze to change ice into Refreshing ice will change it's FX but will NOT heal you. Don't think stable ice is healing at all unless you freeweave into refreshing ice and copy it that way. Existing ice, or stable ice conversion doesn't heal.
  •  

Leveling

• You can sit in the ballista on the walls of the Marconia keep and kill mobs  and gain a bunch of xp.
Edited by Navystylz
Add more bugs

March 26, 2020

• 5.11! IT'S HERE! OHMYGOD! THURSDAY AT NOON! GEHFDZHSBSZFHba:fshb:fgfslb
  • Everything is so bright and shiny! There's even a moon in the sky...THAT'S CRACKED! Game looks MUCH better than 5.10
  • Fae Frostweaver T-posed when retaliating
  • Retaliate does not proc if you were hit with a Knockup+Knockdown (Elken Charge, Bull Rush, Fire Tornadoes, etc)
  • Brown Bog Bear had some ranged attack that didn't have vfx
    • Also BEARS!!!!!
  • Horses!
  • Lost connection to the chat server and couldn't send anything. Logs given to mDonley
  • Frostweaver has potential to have very interesting capabilities, if I ever figure out how Ice Storage is supposed to work
  • I like the grunting noises characters make now
  • Melee mobs can still hit from afar, but it appears less egregious than before. I need more testing.
  • Some trees near the Temple can't be harvested.
  • Sprinting is annoying. You have to be in-combat to sprint, and using a power only puts you in combat for about 3 seconds. Sprinting might need to be revisited
  • Can we buy major disciplines in the temple? I didn't see a  vendor when I ran through, though I wasn't looking very hard
    • Also there's no white resource vendors
  • Sentinels are pretty.
  • Underhill HUD icon make them look like badgers, but their models are 1:1 with Guineceans
    • Also they have pistols??? Which Guineceans are only supposed to know how to use?
  • Uncharted villages and ruins were awesome
  • Loved getting levels from harvesting
  • The pants on Elkens and Minotaurs in the character are pitch black
  • The Moon Temple zone got hung up

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

36 minutes ago, coolster50 said:

March 26, 2020

• 5.11! IT'S HERE! OHMYGOD! THURSDAY AT NOON! GEHFDZHSBSZFHba:fshb:fgfslb
  • Everything is so bright and shiny! There's even a moon in the sky...THAT'S CRACKED! Game looks MUCH better than 5.10
  • Fae Frostweaver T-posed when retaliating
  • Retaliate does not proc if you were hit with a Knockup+Knockdown (Elken Charge, Bull Rush, Fire Tornadoes, etc)
  • Brown Bog Bear had some ranged attack that didn't have vfx
    • Also BEARS!!!!!
  • Horses!
  • Lost connection to the chat server and couldn't send anything. Logs given to mDonley
  • Frostweaver has potential to have very interesting capabilities, if I ever figure out how Ice Storage is supposed to work
  • I like the grunting noises characters make now
  • Melee mobs can still hit from afar, but it appears less egregious than before. I need more testing.
  • Some trees near the Temple can't be harvested.
  • Sprinting is annoying. You have to be in-combat to sprint, and using a power only puts you in combat for about 3 seconds. Sprinting might need to be revisited
  • Can we buy major disciplines in the temple? I didn't see a  vendor when I ran through, though I wasn't looking very hard
    • Also there's no white resource vendors
  • Sentinels are pretty.
  • Underhill HUD icon make them look like badgers, but their models are 1:1 with Guineceans
    • Also they have pistols??? Which Guineceans are only supposed to know how to use?
  • Uncharted villages and ruins were awesome
  • Loved getting levels from harvesting
  • The pants on Elkens and Minotaurs in the character are pitch black
  • The Moon Temple zone got hung up

Check the known issues, some of that is known

4 minutes ago, yianni said:
  • Horses

THE HORSES HAD A NAME BUT I HAD TO REMOVE IT BECAUSE THEY KEPT KILLING MY SON!

His name was Hangman Hunter Helmsley RIP

2 hours ago, Hyriol said:
  • Some trees cannot be chopped.  Perhaps they're part of the static set pieces as part of villages?
  • Chopped a birch tree, all the doobers were stuck on top of the tree collider.

This is an issue we're trying to adjust currently. BOLO for a fix in the future.

9 minutes ago, yianni said:

Check the known issues, some of that is known

Knowing something twice never heart nobody (I did read them after I posted that)

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Posted (edited)

I uploaded a video to see what's occured to me. 

I was afk and the game logged off to the main menu. I went back to my pc and joined God's reach. After i logged in this is what i experienced:

https://youtu.be/j2nWCEyXcCo

I think it's a server thing but you know better :)

Edited by Gzas

28 minutes ago, Gzas said:

I uploaded a video to see what's occured to me. 

I was afk and the game logged off to the main menu. I went back to my pc and joined God's reach. After i logged in this is what i experienced:

https://youtu.be/j2nWCEyXcCo

I think it's a server thing but you know better :)

Thanks for posting. At one point we had to start shutting things down; I think you came in at the time when that started happening. 

In Moon temple If I looked out over a grassy field my frame rate dropped to 10. While in sun temple and running over rocks FPS was 60-70. Manually adjusting visual settings had no effect on the frame drop until......I lowered my Brightness from 1.0 to 0.50-0.20.
Dropping the Game setting brightness while it was day time to 0.20-0.50 kept my frames above 60 and I could turn the brightness up as it got darker in game. FYI @thomasblair

• No animation plays for unsheathing your weapon (human female - paladin, dunno if it's the same for other classes / races).
  • Righteous Parry on paladin has weird interactions. The walk animation seems off.

Passive Combat Training in Combat Basics,and further in to Armor and specialized armor, Anti-Critical Strike has a negative value instead of positive.

Also all the Armor Penetrations 

Hard Control Defense

Movement Control Defense

Attack Control Defense

Power Efficiency 

Also just curious but under weapons training as further in Basic Attack Damage on the bottom shows a total of 300%? Is that an error?