Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LordofCake

TEST Feedback (5.110 Phase 1) for 3/26/2020

Recommended Posts

TEST Patch Notes (5.110 Phase 1) and Known Issues (5.110 Phase 1)

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to TEST Bug Reports (5.110 Phase 1)

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be updating this list as testing continues but a few things:

  • Ambient sound effects cut out randomly, this happens when moving. I noticed this in all locations, but especially in Petra.
  • Sometimes when your cursor is over a resource (I've found this mostly with trees) it doesn't always register as a resource (the yellow border) and instead performs an attack. 
  • Performance is fairly bad, but I updated my Nvidia Drivers so perhaps that will help?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, OsirianLegacy said:

I'll be updating this list as testing continues but a few things:

  • Ambient sound effects cut out randomly, this happens when moving. I noticed this in all locations, but especially in Petra.
  • Sometimes when your cursor is over a resource (I've found this mostly with trees) it doesn't always register as a resource (the yellow border) and instead performs an attack. 
  • Performance is fairly bad, but I updated my Nvidia Drivers so perhaps that will help?

This may have to go under bugs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Combat and gameplay flow
    fake trees are anoying
    monsters feel abit to squishy and respawn faster which is sometimes good but, u have to space to rest.
    monsters deal good dmg, but its easly to kill monster that are 7 levels above u.
  • Progression of new characters from levels 1-25
    2hours to level 20 without sacrefising and a 3 man group ;)
  • Frostweaver gameplay and mechanics
    played abit of frostguard, in general the vfx feel abit to ... much
    love the short cool downs on the dmg spells
    jake of all trades


     

rUQlYHs.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had enough time to level my Centaur Knight to level 16.

In that time I felt like his base movement speed was acceptable with Trailmaster on but it seemed very muddy and slow in combat. It may be the animation not matching the speed or it could have been the server performance but it was a minor frustration. In PVP it may become more of an issue.

Several times the chain attack failed to pull my target when there was only a small elevation change

Knight trees looked unchanged with the exception of the node that provided weapon damage, leaving the sentinel and swordsman in the same condition as before.

Also, I never did find an artifact table in the wild, its location was never apparent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frostweaver

  • Is it intended for the ice you make for charges to have zero range? If you don't move while casting, every time you cast it uses a charge and replaces it immediately. You can't easily place the 3 down to do all charges. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, coolster50 said:

March 26, 2020

  • 5.11! IT'S HERE! OHMYGOD! THURSDAY AT NOON! GEHFDZHSBSZFHba:fshb:fgfslb
  • Everything is so bright and shiny! There's even a moon in the sky...THAT'S CRACKED! Game looks MUCH better than 5.10
  • Fae Frostweaver T-posed when retaliating
  • Retaliate does not proc if you were hit with a Knockup+Knockdown (Elken Charge, Bull Rush, Fire Tornadoes, etc)
  • Brown Bog Bear had some ranged attack that didn't have vfx
    • Also BEARS!!!!!
  • Horses!
  • Lost connection to the chat server and couldn't send anything. Logs given to mDonley
  • Frostweaver has potential to have very interesting capabilities, if I ever figure out how Ice Storage is supposed to work
  • I like the grunting noises characters make now
  • Melee mobs can still hit from afar, but it appears less egregious than before. I need more testing.
  • Some trees near the Temple can't be harvested.
  • Sprinting is annoying. You have to be in-combat to sprint, and using a power only puts you in combat for about 3 seconds. Sprinting might need to be revisited
  • Can we buy major disciplines in the temple? I didn't see a  vendor when I ran through, though I wasn't looking very hard
    • Also there's no white resource vendors
  • Sentinels are pretty.
  • Underhill HUD icon make them look like badgers, but their models are 1:1 with Guineceans
    • Also they have pistols??? Which Guineceans are only supposed to know how to use?
  • Uncharted villages and ruins were awesome
  • Loved getting levels from harvesting
  • The pants on Elkens and Minotaurs in the character are pitch black
  • The Moon Temple zone got hung up

 


giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Navystylz said:

Frostweaver

  • Is it intended for the ice you make for charges to have zero range? If you don't move while casting, every time you cast it uses a charge and replaces it immediately. You can't easily place the 3 down to do all charges. 

This sounds like a potential bug. Do you mind cross-posting this in the bug thread, please? I'm not sure if it's fully intended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vicid said:

Please add Infected to test as soon as you can

We will. We just need some litmus tests done before we can start adding different campaigns and layers. Todd and Pann will let you know as soon as those things come on. Keep your eyes peeled for it.

I also just really wanted to relay the info that the horses in the Sun temple had a name but I had to remove them to make them objects instead of NPCs. SOMEONE kept killing them during our testing cycles. They were really clever names, too.

Artax
Hunter Horse Helmsley
Man O' War

I spent like 5 minutes coming up with those names, too. RIP.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tyrant said:

Likely you should re-install the TEST version.

Thank you very much.  I couldn't get to the download page earlier to see the clients for some reason. 

Please stay safe and healthy.  😀👍

Raven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you remove the vendor skills from the game permanently or are they coming back. As someone who enjoys specializing in marketing type stuff im really bummed out to see it gone.


Everyman dies, Not every man truly lives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Chroma said:

I had enough time to level my Centaur Knight to level 16.

In that time I felt like his base movement speed was acceptable with Trailmaster on but it seemed very muddy and slow in combat. It may be the animation not matching the speed or it could have been the server performance but it was a minor frustration. In PVP it may become more of an issue.

Several times the chain attack failed to pull my target when there was only a small elevation change

Knight trees looked unchanged with the exception of the node that provided weapon damage, leaving the sentinel and swordsman in the same condition as before.

Also, I never did find an artifact table in the wild, its location was never apparent

 I believe this was due to the performance issues , because of the lag . I'm referring to the movement and combat because I had some other issues . Also there are artifact tables I think at every camp . For example the satyr one was inside a hut,  the rat one was outside in a couple places 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO the colors now are too bright and happy and going to a very cartoon style, I would love to see something ballanced between cartoon and Dark. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Gzas said:

IMO the colors now are too bright and happy and going to a very cartoon style, I would love to see something ballanced between cartoon and Dark. 

I hope Gods reach is that way and the campaigns go dark... really dark :)


www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...