Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LordofCake

TEST Feedback (5.110 Phase 1) for 3/26/2020

Posted (edited)

The glow is too much , i dont think its necessary or at least needs to be toned on

Also the character HUD needs to be smaller , or let us scaled the UI

Zelig has no camps and random satyrs in the world, like 1 or 2

its sad that rez cant be slotted in a utility slt, no ones ever gonna get rezed in combat

Edited by yianni

Stuck on loading screen.

"When you fear death, your sword becomes useless. When you fear nothing, the world fears you".
~ Connacht The Wolf.

Posted (edited)

Key binding issues:

- When rebinding keys i'd like to be able to see my trays to have an overview of what I need to remap, but the stat windows is always open while in the menus so the tray gets hidden.

- Can't remap the enter key on anything for the completely arbitrary reason that "this key is reserved for something else". Left handed players (reminder: we exist) have to use the right side part of the keyboard, so being able to rebind the enter key is essential for two reasons:

* It's very easy to hit (on european keyboards that key is huge) and accidentally open the chat during a fight, which then means that instead of using combat abilities, you write stuff in the chat. This alone means I have to use a third party solution to remap it, or the game is unplayable as far as I'm concerned.

* It's very easy to hit, so it's a prime location for a combat ability.

As a corollary, it is also necessary to be able to rebind the "open chat" key, so that we can use for instance shift+enter instead when we do want to write something in the chat.

- The middle button opens the inventory, and this seems hardcoded. Even if we can bind something else to it, it still also continues to open the inventory, and it doesn't even show as a keybind to open the inventory, even though it does.

Edited by Eleris

• Day/night cycle lighting, new skybox, overall terrain looking very nice.
  • UI performance improvements are a very welcome change.  Thank you!
  • The Live version has convenience slots at the bottom of the inventory window to slot tools and consumables.  I'd like to see something similar with 5.110's new consumable slots without needing to open the spellbook every time.
  • Harvest xp falls off and becomes trivial way too quickly.  It's not really a viable choice for leveling normally.
  • Moving around after the last harvesting strike on a resource looks and feels awkward with the direction locked.
  • The white overlay on highlighted objects is overdone.  If it's tone down a lot or even removed, the yellow outline would probably look just fine.

The Minotaur's dodge has been changed from a leap, to a fat roll. Not only does this seem counter to the Minotaur's aesthetic, but it removes a very unique movement ability and positioning option. One of the tactical options of a melee Minotaur was the ease of back line jumping into and causing a ruckus. Now with the generic fat roll, they're more like half-giants (unless their dodge roll was changed). Not only does this remove tactical options of position and attack from the field of play, but it also makes them as a race far less interesting, and interesting to play. I'd ask with fervor this be reverted, as more options for tactics and racial choice are important. 

Just now, ZombieGandhi said:

The Minotaur's dodge has been changed from a leap, to a fat roll. Not only does this seem counter to the Minotaur's aesthetic, but it removes a very unique movement ability and positioning option. One of the tactical options of a melee Minotaur was the ease of back line jumping into and causing a ruckus. Now with the generic fat roll, they're more like half-giants (unless their dodge roll was changed). Not only does this remove tactical options of position and attack from the field of play, but it also makes them as a race far less interesting, and interesting to play. I'd ask with fervor this be reverted, as more options for tactics and racial choice are important. 

a lot of doges have been changed to rolls, no idea why but it doesnt make sense

• For convenience, it would be nice to have a bank chest  in the middle of the crafting area.
  • The Me chat tab has a purple dot when there's new information. If you receive a whisper, it would be great if that dot would change to pink to match the whisper text color.

1 hour ago, Staff said:

Screenshot_841.png

please fix druid, none of these orbs pictured are actually there

It's not just healing orbs, blight orbs also don't disappear after being set off.

Really disappointed with how bad druid is this patch so far.

The starter zones are too small, and too empty. Their whole point is to level us.  So why are they empty wastelands?  More camps.   A starter zone supports maybe 40 people comfortably.  You're capping them at 100, which is a)pathetic and b)still too many people for the mobs in there.

The training speed is godawful.  Newbies are going to start training, see that it's going to take them days to finish even the starting node, and be turned off.  At the very least the first nodes in the basic trees should be fast to get.

Combat feels a bit floaty.  Mobs dance around and slide off players.  Make collision a bit stickier.  Also make combat feel more grounded please.

The talent trees feel bad now.  5 points per major discipline doesn't mean that we have hard choices to make in the tree, it means we skip a huge swathe of the class talents to get to the promotion and discipline talents.  The way you have 3 point minimums in the first talent beyond the 3-way split, and you put active powers behind each means that our choices are further restricted.  There are too many "you must put points into this" places and not enough real choices.

Knight... So the only thing you did to the swordsman spec was take away plate armor.  It still does terrible damage.  Because of the pain you've inflicted earlier in the talent tree, it actually does LESS damage now than when it was a plate class that did crap damage.

My lvl 30 knight with the capstone talent does significantly less damage than my lvl 22 myrmidon that doesn't have the capstone talent yet.

Please - fix the swordsman spec in knight to be an actual DPS promotion.

Played for a few hours today for the first time and have to say I like it a lot more than I had thought I would.  The vault and chat setup is awesome, being able to use both in different places.  The gathering was ok but crafting seemed very interesting although I didn't get to do a whole lot other than the general workbench.  This may have been pointed out already or maybe it was lag on my end but the bullseye appeared most of the time just as the resource was about to disappear after the last hit so not possible for me to make use of it.  Thank you.

Why did we give Crusader cleric plate? Seriously though they were already immensely tankie. Was it like some class identity type of thing? I honestly cant even begin to understand why anyone thought they needed more defense then they already had.

I had some aples at Alt+1 slot. I ate them and the slot became empty. It would be nice to stay there in grey with the number 0. Cause i need to put them there every time.

Some Feedback regarding the confessor (and some not too serious hidden asking for buffing this class^^):

First up: Is it intended, that you guys switched the names of the damage and the cc spec at the end? For new players it probably doesn´t matter, but for older ones it was a little confusing.

skills:

- the tornados seemed a bit bigger and it was no longer possible to spread them out by moving while casting. During the last campaigns it was quiet useful to increase the area hit by the tornados to maximize the effect. So is it intended, that the spell goes straight only?

- also the chain now feels off, since the tornados (3rd chain) were forced to a different key binding. (its just something to get used to, but has been noticed)

regarding the talents:

- I´ve noticed that the first defensive talent (heart of flame) now increases health points instead of mitigations. Just my opinion; but I´d favour 3% mitigations over 450 hp anytime. So  this is considered a nerf

- the slow on absolution if hit by 5 pips is too much and should be only available for the cc spec (cause thats the purpose of different specs-> each got their own streingth and weakness)

- right after the promotion the cc-confessor is forced to put at least 2 points into "Atone" (Attack crowd control). It might be useful to swap it with one of the other two crowd control types later on, since I´d rather be forced to increase something I am actually actively using (slow, stun, knockdown...) than something I am (only) getting as a bonus (admittable blind is a very useful bonus) from the Ultimate. Let´s be honest; the confessor Ultimate is somewhat of a "get out of jail free-card" and you´ll only use the Blind on purpose if you feel safe enough to give up the survivability for some time...

- meteor purge and condemnation are still both crap and not viable and it´s a pain to be forced to sacrifice a point to advance -.-

- where does all the love for Fervor come from? There are several other ways for mana-management, especially with the upcoming frostweaver! Maybe increase the damage or survivability for the confessor instead. Or give him another burning dot, which has been missing a bit anyways. Or maybe give the confessor the flame wall skill, which has been on elementalist previously. It´s simply fitting. At least give back the improved mitigations while casting it^^

- has ever anyone skilled the increased ooc health regeneration? This needs to be improved (for everyone) or comepletly looked over, at the moment it is obsolete.

kind regards.

P.S. the archer, and no other class!, should be able to deal several k damage by simply left click on a regular basis... (some feedback from past campaigns)